[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /biz/. I was just wondering if there are any jobs that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Bugs bunny.png (67KB, 342x245px) Image search: [Google]
Bugs bunny.png
67KB, 342x245px
Hello /biz/. I was just wondering if there are any jobs that pay over 80k a year that any loser like me can get.
>>
Nope, if a loser could get the job then it would be overfilled and the salary driven down from too much supply.

$80k/yr is over the median salary
>>
>>1237353
Yeah come to aus and get a forklift ticket and job in warehouse and get 90k p/y for moving crates
>>
>>1237353
suk dicks
>>
File: 1444013456796.jpg (58KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1444013456796.jpg
58KB, 600x450px
>>1237357
Okay. Let me change it up a bit. Are there any jobs that pay over 80k a year that someone like me can get?

I have just recently passed my GED and I want to go to college. The thing is, I don't really know what to do with my life. I'm not good at anything, but I want to be good at something. Just something that pays well. Like around 80k. I'm 21 years old and I live in Manhattan, NY if that means anything.
>>
>>1237369
No, not really.

There are no jobs that someone that isn't good at anything can get. You need to get good at something and offer something in demand if you wish to make as high of a salary as $80k.
>>
>>1237378
No kidding. I really want to get good at something that pays well, but I don't what to get good at. I don't wanna go to college and pick something really crappy to major in that's going to pay me in peanuts if I get a job. I just need some options.
>>
>>1237385
Find something man.

it has to be something you enjoy, no one can help you there.

And there is definitely something, you just haven't found it yet. Once you find it, it all clicks and working 12 hours a day no longer feels like work to you, it's more like leisure.
>>
Depending on where you live, this might be an attainable annual salary for a correctional officer in a state prison system, provided the overtime is available. Base salary is probably around 30-45k, but you'd end up with a shit ton of forced overtime your first year. If you have some basic level of fitness and a reasonably clean background with some sort of responsible work history you'll have a shot. It's one of the few readily available jobs still around where a person with just a HS education could support a family on a middle class income. The downside is that you're in a prison and working a job will fucking physically and spiritually destroy you after a few years.
>>
File: 1437182495287.jpg (62KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1437182495287.jpg
62KB, 894x894px
>>1237387
You're right. All I've been doing is just looking for answers that only I know answers to. Shit is just so confusing.

Thanks, anon.
>>
>>1237391
Yeah man just keep at it.

Most of all don't sort Majors by salary, sort them by what your heart tells you that you enjoy.

The most important thing is enjoying your work, that allows you to excel and become a renowned authority on it which allows you to get rich.

People making Bank with Economics doctorates actually enjoy it, same with software developers or anyone else. money is just a side effect of enjoying your career, not the root of it.
>>
You could pull that in as an over the road trucker but you'll be working your balls into the ground.

If you have a fair amount of intelligence (I can remember a time on the Internet - pre AOL- that you could assume that anyone on the Internet did possess such intelligence, but I digress.), you could run shit and hire other assholes to do the driving. But that involves talking Shlomo into lending you a few shekels.
>>
yes, entirely possible to earn 80k doing menial work. if you can get into the construction business you can easily make that, and their unions are top notch.

take a path as a construction manager/overseer and you can easily make that much and more in NYC in less than 5 years.

Or become a welder. They make a lot of money. Or look into oil related careers. that shit is solid for at least another 50 years, and there will be less competition as shortsighted peers don't see that we aren't getting rid of it any time soon.

basically just do your own research.
>>
File: 1461377215732.jpg (51KB, 573x609px) Image search: [Google]
1461377215732.jpg
51KB, 573x609px
>>1237369
>I have just recently passed my GED and I want to go to college
>just wondering if there are any jobs that pay over 80k a year
>>
To get a good dollar, you have to get into something commission based. Look into being a real estate agent. The bottom don't make anything but if you're really good at it, you can make six figures.

But don't treat it like a job, it's not. Run it like your own business
>>
>>1237364
This could not be anymore spot on.
>>
File: 6b9.png (257KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
6b9.png
257KB, 557x605px
from personal experience
engineering
>>
>>1237353
Open a subway
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.