[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you had the money would you pay to build your own house? or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: .jpg (362KB, 1400x934px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
362KB, 1400x934px
If you had the money would you pay to build your own house? or buy an existing one
>>
>>1237057
Existing one, preferably from the 50s or 60s, since they're new enough to not be completely run down, and because they were well-built (or rather, over-designed)
>>
File: 1440649259637.jpg (61KB, 435x580px) Image search: [Google]
1440649259637.jpg
61KB, 435x580px
Bumping for interest.

As far as I know I think it depends on the size of the house and how much building a sewage tank,etc costs.

Im fairly certain raw land is cheaper than buying a house and you have a lot more space.

Ideally I'd be interested in building one of those cargo container homes and allowing people to rent out the property as an air bnb or something.

Any info is cool!
>>
Just buy one.

You can save a little money if you buy the lot yourself and work out a deal with the builder. Plus you can design the home to your own specs.

But there's tons of good houses out there, with cool designs. No real need to go to this effort.
>>
>>1237057
Build one.

Why would I buy an existing house when I could build one to my specifications?
>>
Buy. In my area, good luck getting land that's not shitty, hoody infill next to the train tracks
>>
>>1237057
I'd buy a house or property in a hills community and build a house that has a modern look to it
>>
>>1237135
^this
Too bad buying used is so much cheaper.
>>
If money isn't a factor I would definitely build my own. I want a house on a spot I chose built to MY specifications so that I can be happy there.
>>
>>1237081
Older than the late70s or 80s you're paying for asbestos abatement anytime you do anything. have fun with that
>>
buy existing
>>
Hands down ID build my own on average in Maine.

Or Idaho

I know a good bit about passive systems and can build most anything, plus I have a Fabrication shop so what I can achieve by my skills and knowledge and hiring out to my community is much more than most. I can build a house with 100k that most couldn't get for 500-800k
>>
>>1237057

Build tennement or go home.
How are you gonna make a profit without collecting rent for your rooms?
>>
File: Capture.png (2MB, 1346x734px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 1346x734px
>>1237057
Build one and I'm actually in the process of building my own home now. We just completed the final drawing (pic related) and we just have a few permits left for approval.
>>
>>1237057
Building a house right now while living in my parents basement stacking away cash. I shopped around for a while to see what houses were available in the market. Had a couple I liked but wasn't able to get or was beat out on price. Building is going to run me about the same amount I was going to spend buying an existing house but now I get to spec everything out for my taste. I think I'm heading down the right path for my situation.
>>
File: Fortbourtange.jpg (21KB, 548x407px) Image search: [Google]
Fortbourtange.jpg
21KB, 548x407px
I hope you enjoy the noise pollution that comes with cathedral cielings. Get some accoustic panels and cover up the accute angled corners where sound echoes.
also I hope the big room has independent a/c b/c once the air goes its gone for a long time, especially if people keep going onto the patio and opening the fucking door.
>>
>>1239892
what are you talking about
>>
build
anything to not end up in debt for pic related
disgusting
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.