[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, /biz/. I'm a 26 year old male with a high school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (37KB, 512x341px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 512x341px
Hello, /biz/. I'm a 26 year old male with a high school education. My work experience includes 5 years of restaurant management, and 3 years working as an oil and gas landman. I was able to network my way into the oil and gas industry and actually did very well. 2 months ago I was laid off of my job and cannot seem to find any oil and related work. My other options do not pay well, averaging around $13 an hour. This will pay my bills, sure, as I have learned to live below my means and save money, but I will not be able to grow financially on $13 an hour. Any ideas on lucrative industries for someone in my position?
>>
>>1236718
invest in some kneepads.
>>
>>1236718
>network my way into the oil and gas industry
aka you were all talk and no action

So put that cocksucker to good use and buy some kneepads.
>>
>>1236718

Join the military
>>
>>1236747
Actually, I was one of the more valued landmen contracted through the company. I was able to avoid the first big layoff and worked for 8 months longer than most of the Landmen who worked for the company. Oil prices just caught up to us and the BROKER is out of work.
>>
>>1236749
I said lucrative.
>>
>>1236718
I just got laid off/ moved to random contract work as a Geologist (8moths experience, recent graduate) 24 years old.

Want to talk?
>>
>>1236718

if you are good with people, go into sales (preferably in something oil related). that's the only way you are going to make bank without an education.

if you aren't a people person, go work a shit tier job at a college that gives their employees free tuition and get a degree.
>>
>>1236758
>I said lucrative.

yeah... blah blah blah... something about beggars vs. choosers
>>
>>1236718
apply for general management in a fast food place
if the store bring in a million a year in revenue, you should work towards getting 100k a year, or 10% annual revenue
>>
>>1238022

...and this is why you shouldn't take life advice from 18 year old shitposters.
>>
>>1238028
>calls my post a shitpost
>doesn't explain why

You know what you did was """shitposting"""?

I'm sure, though, that 13/hr beats a 100k salary.
>>
>>1236718

Move somewhere where you can get back into oil.
>>
>>1238022
>>1238045
Thinking the manager is going to get 10% of the REVENUE is PANTS ON YOUR HEAD RETARDED
>>
>>1236718
hello nigger
>>
>>1238325

I just keep loling thinking about McDonald's managers getting 100k a year and not $10 an hour
>>
>>1238325
that's the max you're generally ever gonna get
but certainly not starting out
>work towards getting 100k a year

even then, as a delivery driver, i was averaging 25/hr. but, you also have to get a high volume store that's one of the model stores for the district.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.