[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i bought a printer and printed some upc codes on labels, cut

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 20160506_105755_HDR (2).jpg (218KB, 1358x767px) Image search: [Google]
20160506_105755_HDR (2).jpg
218KB, 1358x767px
so i bought a printer and printed some upc codes on labels, cut them out, and tomorrow i'm going through walmart self checkout and buying some stuff with them. similar items of the same brand, only a little more expensive. not significantly so, but enough to save me about 70% off. i'm going to try it out with the same item i want to get first, then i'll try it out with an item of a slightly higher value, i'll probably do this in the midst of a small grocery trip to disguise my purchase as well. the items im planning to buy ultimately (through self-checkout) are pet, outdoor, or tool related. i'm not looking to make money off this, i'm only looking to do this on a small, personal scale. nothing electronic or any groceries really. does /biz/ have any experience with this?
>>
you can get away with much more. as long as the items are the same weight you'll be fine. does walmart have people who check the receipts when you leave like in costco? cuz if not just go ham
>>
>>1234255
dont wanna go ham, dont wanna risk too much, if i do get caught it would land me in a lot of trouble if i went over a certain $$ amount of theft. some walmarts around here even have the option to not bag your stuff, same as home depot. no, nobody checks receipts unless you're hauling a 50" tv out in a cart.

i used to shoplift clothes and groceries but this seems like a safer route these days. legally its worse, but there's less chances of getting caught if you look like you're paying for the items.
>>
>>1234252
They pricematch

You can just lie and say it costs whatever different at xyz mart and no one checks
>>
I remember reading about these man children who would print out stickers of various barcodes, then they would go put them on a large lego set they wanted and would ended up paying a few bucks

I fucked with shit like that like 7 years ago when I was younger than 18, but now that I'm older I don't know if I would want to risk it
>>
>>1234264
not really if xyz costs 70% less
if it's a significant discount like the one i'm looking to get, they'll likely want to see where i'm getting said price from.
>>
>>1234269
yeah that's why i gave up actual shoplifting, but this seems like it's in a small enough scale to go unnoticed. i can afford my regular groceries, but one or two things will be a little different in my purchase. i'm not looking to be like the lego scheme guy who was looking to make hundreds of thousands off his scheme, i'm looking to buy a fish tank filter for $20 rather than $60 for example.
>>
>>1234271
Do you plan on sticking the barcodes to the product or just swiping a piece of paper? Having the barcode already on the item might be less conspicuous, but either way I think your plan will work
>>
The items' weight needs to match or you'll get the 'unexpected item in baggage area' announcement and the attendant will have to come over and clear the code.
>>
>>1234342
isnt it even more complex than that? I thought the codes were linked with the item itself (a name) and its weight - does OP have some UPC code software thats like cracked straight from walmart hq?
>>
>>1234274
i have labels cut out just like the one on the op pic, i plan to slap 'em on top of the other barcode. today i'm just buying the exact same product that i printed just to see if my labels worked.
>>1234342
i think i can choose to not bag my items, even so, most of the time the nigger ladies at my walmart don't give a shit and fix the error from their computer and don't even come over.
>>1234365
for every single item sold at walmart? i don't think so. every company makes its own upc code and walmart inputs them into their system (pretty sure)

if anything, we'll see in the next few days providing i don't get banned from /biz/ i might keep updating.
>>
>>1234252
Do those fake coupons that /b/ used to gawk over and make still work?
>>
>>1234653
idk, if you can find out instructions i can make them and also check that option out.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.