[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the dumbest thing you've ever seen said about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1461675598469.gif (1008KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
1461675598469.gif
1008KB, 500x326px
What's the dumbest thing you've ever seen said about economics or business?
>If every country is in a recession, none of them are in a recession
>>
>>1230024
Buying a new truck will save money in the long run.

They took out a loan for a 46K pick-up.

This is two people who paint and do electric work for a living.
>>
>>1230026
What was wrong with the old truck?
>>
>>1230027
Nothing, it was like 8 years old.
>>
>>1230024
The trick-down theory works.
>>
>>1230026
sounds like the average construction worker

>>1230024
"you dont want to buy stocks its gambling" my dad
>>
>>1230024
I think Bernie Sanders has good economic plan.
>>
Dude! The top 1% only pays 1% of taxes!!!!!!
>>
Invest your savings in a diversified portfolio for stable long-term income.
>>
>>1230060

Why is this stupid?
>>
>>1230068
Yeah, why anon?
>>
>>1230026
Actually it might, You can deduct the taxes in the bookkeeping, loan interests. If you can get them to be counted as a loss, which is not that hard, if their old truck is on their last moments and requires constant repairs, the insurances are very high due to it belonging to a risk group, if it uses too much gas etc... If at the moment they need to take two trips with the pickup to get all the things and with the new one it will take only one trip. Of course we don't know and they might be just silly, but it is possible. Stop putting down ideas just because you're unwilling to spin the concept around a bit.

>>1230060
This. Most of the time they also want you to put it in as diverse as possible with 20 different stocks or some other stupid shit like this from all different alleys and want you to do one of those retarded diversification calculations to make sure the industries are independent. Rather than just make sure you're not paying for shit.
>>
>>1230110
This, about the truck, is the stupidest thing on business and economics I've ever read.
>>
>>1231087
Mjeh, someone doesn't know bookkeeping and basic maths it seems. If I have a 25 year old truck that guzzles 5 gallons and change it to one that guzzles 2.5 gallos, that's a 50% reduction. It breaks down twice a year that costs me a grand each time considering the parts are hard to get. If I deduct the tax from the truck in losses, I'll be able to deduct things. Assuming It has I'll get 25 new years with this one and I work in an industry where I drive 100 miles a day from a client to another, 40 weeks of the year. 5 days a week. Average gas is now 2.09 dollars. New Ram's use 25 MPG, same trucks from 1980 use about 13 MPG. Even if we just will count with gas prices...
Now assuming, it's purely a work car obviously.
On a new one hundred miles uses 4 gallons aka costs 8.36 dollars
An old one will use about 8 gallons and thus costs 16.72 dollars. Are you with me here still?
40 weeks has 200 days in it, which amounts to a saving of... 1672 dollars a year on gas. Times that by 25 years and it'll be 41 800.
Go get fucked and learn maths.
>>
>>1232064
>Thinking a truck will last 500k miles and 25 years.
Don't forget the estimated repair costs and increased insurance costs. How long do you need to drive that truck for now? 50 years?
>>
>>1232213
Nor did you calculate those for the old truck famalam. That's why I mentioned based only on gas. You need to insure and repair the old one too, or is it a magical one?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.