[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you end up doing with YOUR degree? >I'm doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

What did you end up doing with YOUR degree?

>I'm doing a Bachelor of Business and want to go into a Business Analyst position or educate myself more about hedge fund etc
>>
I did Math and went into software development.
>>
>>1226434
Software developer here to tell you that BAs are our bitches. Don't do that. It's just a bunch of paperwork. Get into management or something.
>>
>>1226445
Ah really? I've heard its a pretty good job and thats from IRL's.

I also really want to begin to understand portfolio management and hedgefunds etc..
>>
>>1226448
Well let's put it this way. I work for a Fortune 500 company, and the BAs make about half of what I do. Specialize in something like marketing or finance and you'll probably eventually end up making more than I do.
>>
>>1226456
If i go into finance what job opportunities can arise?
>If it means anything i live in Australia
>>
Sculpture degree

Teaching

Kill me
>>
International Relations

Teaching

Want to suicide.
>>
>>1226500
>>1226496
Common theme

>>1226434
Finance+Quantitative degree (physics, math, engineering, statistics) masterace.
>>
Political Science.

Been doing KYC compliance at a bank for about 3 months.

Goal is to become CIA.
>>
>>1226495
Finance can help with pretty much any management position in a company, as well as getting into finance itself. The beauty of business education(same as IT) is that the field or industry are mostly irrelevant. You can find a way to fit in anywhere.
>>
>degree in logistics
>full time shitposter

I'm not even a good shitposter either
>>
>>1226581
What do you think of SCM as a field to enter? Are the prospects shit?
>>
>>1226587
SHIT. Maybe I'm just bitter though, but I'm trying to get out for lack of decent opportunities.

The standard is to work all hours at all times, because "it's a 24/7 industry". The pay is abysmal for some reason though, so your hourly rate may work out even less than being a cashier in some instances. It's also incredibly boom and bust, so job security is poor. Most of the fortunes being made in the industry are people who manage to time the market well since it's so volatile and capable of huge swings.

There are probably half-decent opportunities if you have a great degree from a good school etc, but in that case you would be much better served doing almost anything else.
>>
>>1226597
Thanks for the heads up, I suspected as much. Unfortunately my school isn't considered 'good' so much as average.

Just curious - where are you trying to get out to?
>>
>>1226575
Thank you a lot, im only young (18) and still have a lot to learn. I'm passionate about this and going keep on learning as much as i can.
>>
International Affairs

Nothing

Want to go to business school
>>
>>1226612
No problem. I wish I knew what I know now when I was your age. There are a lot of things to focus on in business, but for me the important ones are operations, finance and at least a little accounting. After that, it's just a matter of applying that to whatever business you're in. Those will give you a solid foundation in anything.

I can already tell from your attitude that you're going to do well. Keep learning and never be afraid to say "I don't know".
>>
I did fuck all m8

that's why I'm on this board
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.