[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've decided to go for the "buy a house and rent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
So I've decided to go for the "buy a house and rent out rooms to pay your mortgage off early" meme. But I have a few questions:

1) Do/ should I have a legal contract like when you sign a lease for an apartment? complex? Should I hire a lawyer to write it? How much would they charge?

2) What legal loopholes can I use to circumvent EOH laws and not rent to ghetto nignogs/ other undesirable tenants who happen to be minorities?

3) Have any of you actually done this? What was your experience and do you have any advice?
>>
>>1222853
>1) Do/ should I have a legal contract like when you sign a lease for an apartment? complex? Should I hire a lawyer to write it? How much would they charge?

If you even have to ask whether there should be a lease or contract when you're renting a room in your house you are in no way prepared to do so.
>>
>>1222853
Fair housing laws don't apply as long as you live there. You can straight up say "I don't rent to niggers" and it's completely legal as long as you live on the property.
>>
>>1222853

I never had a problem in California renting, like being the renter, everyone was professional

in Canada, complete opposite had to take this schmuck to court and won and he was penalized and yada yada he's a theater production flaky homo who was the most unprofessional person I've dealt with in my entire life

so that being said

as a landlord you're going to have to read the landlord tenant agreement w/e state or country you are in, read it over at least twice minimum

you 100% need to hire a lawyer to at least check over/correct the lease, unless there is a standard form from say a housing association or something which will more than likely fit the minimum legal requirements, at very least don't be cheap and pay for a lawyers time just to make 100% sure what it will be like and what's required of you and them

make sure you get them to sign a walk through and detail everything wrong with the place, I still haven't done this in Canada although my cousin did it...his landlord is a heimy little jew though, but his property is protected against some shithead wrecking the place, I did a walk through for 3 places in California

do yourself a solid and pay some skank to clean the place before your renters move in, it 100% sets the tone of what's expected of the tenants and will put a bit of fear in them that you're a pro and you won't fuck around

as far as the blackies....have an open house, or feign that you did, that way you can always say to the blackies "well we do have a couple that just saw the place, they've put in an application so first come first serve" this way you don't have to get into the whole bullshit of the blackies saying "oh they sposed to have texted you then when they were coming to see the place" you can just say "look, they came to the open house, put an app in, and I never heard from them again"
>>
>>1222897

oh, my mom was a landlord for a while, but she's fucked, she had 2 duplexes with 6 rooms in one and 4 in the other, she buggered up and rented to scumbags and her shit got fucked up so I heard, anyways she owns neither of those properties now and is completely retarded

anyways, don't rent to scumbags or people that have a problem coming up with cash, me and my old lady always paid first and last months rent in cash ASAP and made sure to get a receipt, just to show a nigga what was really good, like we got the money, here it is, if you want post dated cheques or w/e for later then so be it, but we always offered cash and unless someone said otherwise we gave it to them the day they told us the app was good

blackies are brutal to have, the last thing you want is a blacking being loud and making your property not a place that's fully rented out because they are always yelling and having domestics and smoking weed/drinking and being rude and shit to the other people in the house....

no pets, none, why do you want to have to argue with someone in court over the fact their dog shit on your carpet and they know their dog did and so do you but you gotta pay a lawyer to prove they did....just completely take that problem out of it by saying no pets

clearly no smoking...

blackies wrecked a building I lived in, everyone else was paying $1,000+ a month, they were paying $80-90 and the quality of people was just night and day....everyone worked but the blackies so....just don't do it, make up w/e bullshit excuse but it shouldn't be a problem

talk to a lawyer, and w/e local rental/landlord association don't do all inclusive either, although you will probably have to if you are renting rooms
>>
>>1222904

Jesus christ you write at a fourth grade level.

Fucking painful to read
>>
>>1223221

This is an anonymous image board.

Who gives a fuck?
>>
>>1222853
1. Yes. Either hire a lawyer or use Nolo software. (like TurboTax for legal shit)

2. Just do a credit check. This will screen out any undesirables

3. Never done this. I do own REITs though
>>
>>1223221
>Christ
>no comma
>sentence fragment
>no punctuation

So do you.
>>
>>1222853
>What legal loopholes can I use to circumvent EOH laws and not rent to ghetto nignogs/ other undesirable tenants who happen to be minorities?

Credit check and proof of income. Credit and income requirements for less desirable tenants are much higher.

I would only rent to friends and family that I could live with. Living with random people as your tenants as a landlord sounds horrible.
>>
>>1223289
>Living with random people as your tenants as a landlord sounds horrible.

It does lol. living with some greasy-ass strangers going through your shit
>>
>>1222879
You're a fucking idiot. I have never written up a lease.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.