[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think 3D printers will become popular? I know they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 3d-printer.jpg (227KB, 1465x853px) Image search: [Google]
3d-printer.jpg
227KB, 1465x853px
Do you think 3D printers will become popular? I know they're in the infant stages but these things have massive potential. If done correctly this could replace common household items.
>>
>>1222852
Currently I do not.Maybe in ten years
>>
>>1222852
>> PSH.... Thinks 3d printers aren't popular already.....
>>
>>1222852
Remember when 3D guns were a controversy despite being basically ineffective? Those were the days. Fun times.
>>
>>1222852
I thought they were but it feels like they only exist in science museums, its weird.
>>
>>1222852
Yea I do, I use the 3D printers at my uni quite often and know a few people who own some at home. They are very easy to learn how to use and can print just about anything you can imagine. Ive printed screws, plasticwear, and even some custom made medical devices. Saw a dude on k print out a functional 22 revolver
>>
>>1222852
look for them to get popular around 2018-2021
>>
>>1222852
THey will become popular when the materials needed to print become a lot cheaper
>>
>>1222934

It's 10 dollars a kilogram you jew fuck.

3D printers are already as mainstream as they're gonna get. They're shit technology that's prone to jams/shutdowns that print paper weights. You dumb faggots can't name a single thing you'd 3D print, but want to claim they're next level tech 3.0 web- bubble inflating cock nobbling rug eating dick wettening technology.
>>
Fun fact: 3D printers are technology from the 1980's that's over 30 years old now. Thanks to the wonder that is patents, a legal monopoly has kept 3D printers out of the hands of everyone until now, when the patents on the shitty versions of 3D printing are beginning to expire. Chances are that when you think of "3D printers" you're really thinking of the 3D printers of the 1980's. Modern 3D printers, which nobody can use because patents, would astonish you.

tl;dr: fuck patents for needlessly fucking things up yet again
>>
>>1222870
2d guns are much more effective.

Also, this is still an issue, it's just that consumer 3d printer is still on the enthusiast level.

In a few decades, every household may have a 3d printer, and kids printing guns will be a legitimate issue.
>>
>>1223181
Not until the materials improve or 3D printing metal is feasible.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.