[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone recommend some books on increasing your charisma and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Gray-Wolf-15.jpg (147KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Gray-Wolf-15.jpg
147KB, 800x600px
Can anyone recommend some books on increasing your charisma and social skills? Are meme books like 48 Laws of Power and How To Win Friends and Influence People worth reading?
>>
Yes, they are worth reading. Read HTWFAIP first.
>>
File: swift_revent_013a_com.jpg (892KB, 1252x889px) Image search: [Google]
swift_revent_013a_com.jpg
892KB, 1252x889px
>>1217128
I suggest "The 7 habits of hight effective people". Books to manipulate people basically have you lie because you come up short. Fuck that. "What kind of drugs can I take to be competitive in a foot race?" Wrong. "I'm fat, what kind of surgery should I get?" See what I'm getting at? If you improve your core, if you discipline yourself to be more effective, you will become more confident and attract people for being a better person than you are now. The first habit is take responsibility. This one is heavy, but it goes like this. You are responsible for where you are right now. No one made you do anything, you made every decision that got you here. A bitter pill. The good news, is that now you can decide where to go from here, and not let people decide for you. Other habits are equally gray wolf snarl inducing. Read it.
>>
>>1217128
>Are meme books like 48 Laws of Power and How To Win Friends and Influence People worth reading?
Absolutely fucking not. I can't believe there are people on 4chan who don't see these things as the contentless bullshit they are.

There is really not much you can do to consistently increase your charisma. "Charisma" is bullshit anyway and has nothing to do with the qualities of an individual; it is all about how an individual is perceived by a group (i.e., when you think someone is charismatic, it is not because of anything they are doing, but how you see other people react to what they are doing. obviously the 2 are related, but with normies it is not as deep a relation as you would think)
>>
They are of limited value. If you're an autist it can help you contain your powerlevel. HTWFAIP is definitely better, though. I've read both and 48 Law is BS.

It's far more valuable to practice interacting with people than just to read. Read for an hour then talk with people for 10.

If you're in a situation where you can't talk with people for prolonged periods, then that is the real problem. Go out and build a network.
>>
>>1217128
only practice and experience like actually having a social job or something

I read meme books and just shitposted on 4chan and of course did not change one bit
>>
>>1217128
Just imagine every single meeting is the last one. Works like magic.

>See guy at physics expo
>See his poster
>Not all materials have been translated yet
>Well, I'm a translator...
>Walk up
>Say hi
>Tell her I'm a translator and that I could do this job for her
>She e-mails me the docs and the contract
>Worked for a university

Really, somehow I never want to know what it's like to be a wageslave. Being a translator is awesome! Landed 4 other jobs in 4 days, now working for a publishing house, life's getting breddy gud.

What should I invest in? Where should I go to invest in the Czech republic?
>>
>>1217128
Check out "The Charisma Myth", pretty comprehensive and good visualisation tips and tricks
>>
>>1217425
>Really, somehow I never want to know what it's like to be a wageslave.

but you're working for a publishing house lmao

and to OP: no book will help you as much as you can help yourself. the only way to be more social/charismatic is to go out there and be social/charismatic. of course you will sperg out at first, for some the very thought of looking like a fool or a loser is enough to keep them a social outcast for the rest of their lives. do you want to be a loser forever or do you want to experience some social discomfort for a few months before you become competent in social interaction?
>>
>>1217188
so much bad logic in one post
>>
>>1217165
underrated and /thread
>>
>>1217128
>Are meme books like 48 Laws of Power and How To Win Friends and Influence People worth reading?
The laws of power not so much. How to win friends is worth reading.
>>
>>1217128
>How To Win Friends and Influence People

I listened to an audiobook while working out. Just find a summary and work on those bulletpoints.
>>
>>1217128

Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson
>>
>>1217188

It's not about being "charismatic," it's about learning how to benefit off your own qualities. It does give generic guidelines and rehearsed behavior, but it's more about how to get you to adjust and calibrate to any given relationship whether it's a stranger, employee, or friend. Just some reassuring advice why reject any knowledge?
>>
"The Confidence Gap" audiobook was a great listen. Forgot the author but I'm sure there's only one.
>>
>>1219467
I like how OP thinks the standard go to of this exact question - the bible of basic social skills is a "meme book" and then asks if a book that would take an hour to read is "worth it"

OP , if you have the time to shitpist on biz you have the time to read dale carnegie
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.