[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've seen a few sites that simulate the stock market. Are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1366517859908.jpg (47KB, 590x443px) Image search: [Google]
1366517859908.jpg
47KB, 590x443px
I've seen a few sites that simulate the stock market. Are they worth checking out for someone who wants to learn about stocks? How accurate/useful are they?
>>
>>1217000
good to test strategies very basic
make sure your simulator has realistic fills
move to real money as soon as possible
trading simulated funds is much much different than trading real money
>>
>>1217000
Definitely good for getting started, I would suggest them. However, you tend to take on a lot of risk in simulators because there is no actual risk involved. Just be careful when you actually start moving money
>>
>>1217093
>trading simulated funds is much much different than trading real money
please elaborate
>>
>>1217130
There is no actual risk involved in simulators, so you tend to have very risky strategies
>>
>>1217130
yeah people tend to not give a shit trading simulators because the money isnt real. then all of a sudden when they start trading real money they do give a shit and it's a whole different ball game. that's your money on the line.
>>
>>1217000
They're good if you want to hate yourself for not making good trades with real money
>>
What are some good simulators?
>>
>>1217160
Yeah that was my first thought. I make an amazing trade and it's like, oh, well I guess I could have a few thousand dollars right now if I wasn't playing pretend.
>>
>>1217160
They're also good if you don't want to hate yourself for wasting hundreds in bad trades
>>
The best way to learn how to invest is to invest. Analyze some stocks and buy for like 300 bucks. That way you learn about the psychology of investing when you have actual money in it.
>>
>>1217161
Some one answer this please!
>>
>>1219276
Thinkorswim
>>
yeah its just delayed quotes with fake money.
Its called papertrading, its alright for practice.
Real investing is different though because actual money is on the line.
>>
stock-market new-born here,
how much does brokerage cost, really?
can i buy stocks directly from the companies?
is there a limit to the amount, times and size of selling-and-buying i can do in a day with a single company?
>>
>>1217161
Steam's community market, virtuel items, fast selling for real Cash.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.