[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Why would I use bitcoin, I don't want drugs and muh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_20160426_202810-01.jpg (2MB, 3051x2330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160426_202810-01.jpg
2MB, 3051x2330px
>Why would I use bitcoin, I don't want drugs and muh slow transactions.
Literally 2 seconds.

What's your excuse now /biz/
>>
Inb4 cope like the pope shitposting
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (64KB, 700x465px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
64KB, 700x465px
>>Why would I use bitcoin, I don't want drugs, steam shit and muh slow transactions.
fixd. Literally 2 seconds.
>>
>>1216450
Ain't about that, is about proving it is a reliable payment system, worldwide, lower fees. Let other stores catch up, and to the sky we go.
>>
>>1216439
>>1216435
>>1216452
Bitcuck cope.
>>
>>1216460
Poetry
>>
>>1216452
Until they stop..

Apmex used to accept bitcoin too. They stopped because it's a completely unreliable store of value. Same thing will happen here once bitcoin does another random swan dive in value. As it does.
>>
>>1216501
Not sure about how Steam is doing it, but there is many services that give you the fiat money, currently being implemented in India in physical shops, it is transparent both for the user and the shop. And again lower fees than any other alternative.
>>
>>1216536
>--the point--
>--your head--
>>
>>1216544
The store is not storing the value in Bitcoin, they are allowing users to pay with it, and receive fiat money on the fly.

Where is the point?
>>
File: 1460150797766.gif (3MB, 400x218px) Image search: [Google]
1460150797766.gif
3MB, 400x218px
>video games
>>
>>1216578
Yeah Steam is a another retarded example, totally irrelevant, just made $730 million in 2014, I mean pocket money for /biz/
>>
File: 1460149497620.jpg (205KB, 611x907px) Image search: [Google]
1460149497620.jpg
205KB, 611x907px
>>1216584

>playing video games
>>
>>1216584
>what is overstock and its retarded ceo
Topkek. Overstock lost a shitload of money on bitcoin. Its probably the main reason their stock took a nosedive because it happened at around the same time.

>steam accepts bitcoin now!
Who really gives a shit at this point. Nobody actually spends bitcoin, they baghold it like bitcucks.
>>
>>1216450
>>1216460
>>1216578
http://grief.com/the-five-stages-of-grief/
>>1216585
>Browse 4chan
>Makes fun of people playing video games
And.. to be clear, just installed Steam for that, you failed your ad hominem :^)
>>
>>1216595
>Nobody actually spends bitcoin, they baghold it like bitcucks.
[citation needed]

Guys, I'm not a Bitcoin shill, thought it was cool, end of the story, but the denial here with little to non sense arguments is quite sad.

Cya
>>
>>1216596

yes you installed steam just for that, and the first thing that popped into your mind to buy was a $10 semi-obscure indie game not even on the featured page, and not cod or hitman or whatever's on the deals/featured page of the store
get real, timewaster
>>
File: 1456466003857.gif (2MB, 415x323px) Image search: [Google]
1456466003857.gif
2MB, 415x323px
>>1216568
>>1216584
>>1216596
>still missing the point
>still coping
>>
>>1216604
No citation needed. That shit is common knowledge. You are just out of the loop.
>>
>>1216606
Do you want me to post the hours played in my Steam account? rofl

The denial is real.

Why would I lie ffs?

Had to find a top 10 of hacking games to find it, had no idea of it's existence previous to that.

Again, I can post the time spent on all games, I think you can do it, but this is just sad.
>>
>>1216610
Common knowledge shouldn't be hard to prove right?

You guys are pathetic.
>>
>>1216611

I'm sure you'd manipulate a screenshot of your time played to get your point across, or give a bogus ghost steam account if asked for a steam name, but I won't bother
weren't you leaving anyway?
>>
>>1216612
It shouldnt. So go do your own research, faggot. Go look at how much people actually spent bitcuck through Overstock which is the biggest bitcuck merchant. Then compare it to the daily transaction volume. People dont spend this shit, they hoard it. Or just keep coping, I dont care.
>>
>>1216614
Yeah, I will in 5 minutes, notifications are enabled tho, won't let you think you are right having the last word.

Again you need to believe I'm lying, what is wrong with you?

Focus on the topic.
>>
>>1216435
WE'RE BOOSTIN OUT HERE!
>>
nocoiners coping HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD
>>
>>1216620
>Again you need to believe I'm lying, what is wrong with you?
cope is wrong with him
>>
nocoiners will literally hang themselves when Amazon begins accepting btc
>>
>>1216911
>>1216913
>>1216915
Bitcuck cope.
>>
People who hold bitcoin: What kind of returns are you making?
>>
>>1216435
>Why would I use bitcoin,

You didn't even answer your own question OP. Every payment method already had 2 second transactions, that it is a feat that bitcoin has reached this mark shows how shitty it was to begin with. What benefit is there to using bitcoin over everything else unless your buying drugs?
>>
>>1216927
0.03% bitcoin per day lending it out
>>
>>1216980
Daaaaamn. There is that many people who want to short this shit?
>>
>>1217001
what?

hes referring to p2p lending, not lending it to short.
>>
>>1216970
LOWER FEES YOU ARE GOD DAMN RETARDED
why do I have to repeat every single second the same shit, man if you are a shop and one method takes 3% and another method takes 0.1% just think which one is better.

It also means that when you accept bitcoin, EVERYONE EVERYWHERE can purchase it, you don't have to accept, every single currency, just one for the entire fucking planet, for example if someone wants to buy games on steam in Australia, he has first to go to a exchange and buy other currency and pay fees, cuz steam don't accept AUD. So it is more convinient (specially for the shop), and fucking cheaper (both shop and consumer)
>>
>>1217699
Nope. Bitcoin definitely doesnt have lower fees. As soon as you convert it to real money the exchanges assrape you.
>>
uses for bitcoin:
>drugs
>computer games
>literally the currency of neckbeard manchildren neet

you can't make this shit up
>>
>>1217971
steam knows their userbase :^)

drugged up manchildren playing vidya games holding onto their escapist gaming fantasies and false hope that buttcoin will go "to the moon"
>>
>>1217888
Kill yourself, at least check it before talking.
paypal 3%
bitpay 1%
>>
>>1217888
paypal converts are usury rates tho.
10% or something like that.
then i tried to avoid it by paying with a debit card and let my bank convert it then i got assraped by the card company they converted it twice.
there is no escape this bullshit.
>>
>>1216980
i can give you a much better deal tho if you lend to me.
i can give you 20% a year.
>>
The only thing that I hate, is that all of the haters are talking bullshit, 0 facts.
And shills can't debate further than "cope"
>>
>>1218022
Exchanges sometimes charge up to 7%. You are also forgetting deposit and withdrawal fees not to mention the wire transfer fees that banks charge from moving money in and out of the exchange. Bitcoin sucks as a payment processor. At least paypal can be used everywhere credit cards can.
>>
>>1218027
You dont need to convert money through paypal. They are literally accepted everywhere.
>>
>>1218046
Bitpay
Bitpay
Bitpay
Bitpay
Bitpay
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bitpay

You guys are clueless.

THEY GIVE YOU THE FIAT MONEY IN THE BANK INSTANTLY 1% FEE NO STRINGS ATTACHED.
>>
>>1218057
>disregarding the wire transfer fee the bank charges
Come on, bro.
>>
>>1216435

bitcoin can do everything that the US dollar can do except inflate. You can stop being a slave to the federal reserve by next week with a bitcoin debit card.

https://www.shiftpayments.com/card

There is no reason to use US dollars anymore, unless you prefer transaction fees + 0.25% interest vs. 100% annual interest +no fees
>>
>>1218061
Not sure how that applies, not having that problem in my country.

But the problem applies to paypal too then isn't it?
Here I'm the one who don't know how it works were you live.

So elaborate please, you are telling me that bitpay is having an additional fee to paypal? how that works? Where is the difference? paypal charges you 3% bitpay 1% then your bank charges you a fee with bitpay for what? and it doens't in paypal?
>>
>>1218069
I'd rather take 1% gauranteed inflation anyday over the possibilty of losing half of my value in bitcoin holdings overnight. Bitcoin is literally the worst currency ever invented.
>>
>>1218052
it's currency conversion my national currency is X my card balance is in EUR and i usually pay in USD.

there is no way to get out of this okay. even worse if i try to open an USD account and then pay from that. then the bank will rip my shit wide open with transaction fee.
>>
>>1218072
Yes the bank charges a fee to transfer your money to paypal as well. If you just keep your money in paypal and dont use a bank account you wont pay any wire transfer fees. I can just keep money in paypal and pay all my bills, make purchases, accept payments, send money, etc. without having to use a bank. I cant just keep all my money in bitcoin however. Volatility makes it a bad store of value and I cant use bitcoin to pay my bills. Because I have to use exchanges and banks when dealing with bitcoin, I end up paying more fees because of exchange deposit/withdrawal fees + bank wire transfer fees.
>>
>>1218084
How do you get around using banks to get money out of exchanges?
>>
>>1218077
>1%

try 4%. every year things cost 4% more. you are losing money fast.

>Bitcoin is literally the worst currency ever invented.

Thats quite a hyperbole. Its strange that you think its so bad. none of the banks (the people you trust with your savings) seem to be bashing the technology. In fact, theyre attending every major blockchain conference on the calendar this year.
>>
>>1218092
i don't it just sucks
>>
>>1218090
Well that seems odd, but I'm sure you can get around doing some dodgy stuff in bitcoin/bitpay as well.

Either way I'm not having that problem here, so there is that, anyway the bitcoin payment system will always offer lower fees, if the exchanges are the problem don't worry, someone will come with a lower fee exchange if there isn't already, free market :)

Since I'm not facing that, won't research further.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160427-112045.png (610KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160427-112045.png
610KB, 1440x2560px
>>1218096
Not according to the bureau of labor statistics (the most heavily cited agency for CPI data). In fact, inflation was only a fraction of a percent last year. Its literally the lowest its ever been. Stop browsing those goldbug sites, its feeding you bad info.

Also, where you went incredibly wrong is by thinking that blockchain tech = bitcoin. Banks do not give a damn about bitcoin as a currency.
>>
>>1218128
inflation is an extremely complex topic

the only reason that inflation is low is because the velocity of money is extremely low. most people are trying to spend frugally and are being cucked by even small amounts of inflation
>>
I'm not going to sit at the grocery store for an hour waiting for my payment to get onto the blockchain. Bitcoin is a MEME.
>>
>>1218138
Obviously. The only point I am trying to make is that inflation is not really an issue. Inflation is quantifiable and can be predicted with some amount of certainty. The costs of goods go higher but so does wages to compensate. With any fiat currency there is always the possibilty of hyper-inflation but there are warning signals that happen way before any of that starts to occur. Goldbugs like to point to the federal reserve monetary base tripling like that is an indication of rampant inflation, but it really is not. This has happened many times before. It just means that they are keeping more money in reserves. Inflation is relatively low and has been for over a few decades.

The original comment is that I would rather lose a tiny percent of my total wealth annually (who keeps money in USD anyways?) as the rest of it is tied up in investments rather than to take incalculable risk and possibly lose half of my valur overnight by putting it in bitcoin. To be fair, I would never put any significant amount in gold either.
>>
>>1218180
>The only point I am trying to make is that inflation is not really an issue

yeah, it's a serious issue that is creating massive market distortions and forcing money into equities. it will potentially lead to hyper inflation during the next recession when m2 goes to the moon. everyone except the top quintile would get wiped out financially in such a scenario

monetary inflation is enormous. from 2011-2015 m2 grew by 30%. everyone's money just depreciated by 23% in 4 years

the only reason CPI hasn't budged is because there are enormous deflationary pressures on the lower rung of goods and services

>I would rather lose a tiny percent of my total wealth annually (who keeps money in USD anyways?) as the rest of it is tied up in investments

monetary inflation hasn't been an issue for _you_ because you own investments. there has been a massive wealth transfer from those without financial assets to those who own them due to monetary inflation

buttcoin is a non correlated asset whose value will only correlate if the technology succeeds in being seen as a store of value like gold AND there's hyperinflation (which many smart people think is coming)

so yes, the high level concepts of inflation are relevant. the technology needs to succeed in the minds of the investing community, though (which I'm doubtful will happen)

I think it's too early for buttcoin. the financial/investing community needs to be won over to crypto

ethereum is courting the banks/financial community much more successfully than bitcoin ever did
>>
>>1218224
>m2
m2?
>>
>>1218241
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_supply#United_States
>>
>>1216544
>>1216607
don't be a cunt, you're just moving the goalposts.

Steam is using bitpay and they don't hold BTC, there is no reason they would stop accepting it.
>>
>>1218224
>it will potentially lead to hyper inflation during the next recession when m2 goes to the moon.
Incorrect.

>everyone's money just depreciated by 23% in 4 years
Wrong.

>the only reason CPI hasn't budged is because there are enormous deflationary pressures on the lower rung of goods and services
Untrue.

You need an education on finance and the economy and I dont have the time or energy to give it to you. The only thing I can tell you is don't believe everything you hear on the internet, me included. There is a lot of data out there but the interpretation of that data serves the bias of whatever organization / group / political agenda that propogates it. Crypto shills are just as bad as gold shills, if not more so. Decades from now it will be another shill group that has the answer to inflation (which is in fact a healthy sign of a thriving economy and doesnt need fixing). I can understand the convenience of the chinese moving money out of the country with cryptocurrency but dont confuse it for a stable currency.
>>
>>1218224
>thinks m2 determines USD depreciation
Wew lad.
>>
>>1218258
if you don't have the time to write out a handful of sentences explaining your thinking, don't even post

I'm pretty well read, but thanks
>>
>>1218265
you low effort posters aren't as smart as you think you are.

on an absolute basis, it has

on a relative basis, it hasn't because the rest of the world is expanding their money supplies at a stupid pace as well
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.