[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I finish my master's degree? I'm now starting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Should I finish my master's degree? I'm now starting with the second semester of my master's degree (engineering) in Germany at a Technical University. To be honest I don't think I will be better in what I'm doing afterwards and I mainly do it for the degree and more money in future(?). But after the first semester I noticed that I really miss working and earning money. Instead I'm a poor fuck now who has to fight every month to pay rent and food.
Do you think I should apply for jobs and end my master studies? Will I regret in future? Happy about any advices.
>>
Statistically spoken, with a masters you're more likely to get a higher paying job and more likely to be promoted. It doesn't matter that you don't learn much, as long as you got the paper you're better off. Also in germany you're not allowed to work as a scientific employee at a university without a masters degree, you probably won't get a doctorates either.

Just finish it dude. It's just 3 semesters and definitly worth it.
>>
I'm currently in employment, but plan to terminate it to do my MSc next year, and subsequently a P.hD (maybe).

What advice do you have for me OP?
>>
>>1181227
Not everyone gets the full potential benefit of their degree. However, everyone who fails to finish a degree gets no value. The studies generally show that completed degrees have a large payoff in future earnings, but partial degrees have no value or even negatively impact future earnings.
>>
>>1181275
don't terminate. just finish your contract and then you wil have enough money to safely do your masters.
>>
>>1181343
It's indefinite as I've passed the probationary period. I just have to give 2 months notice.
>>
>>1181349
well then just save up double the money you think you will need to complete your masters

see if you can go and talk to them about it and see if they can save a place for u
>>
File: rutsche_small.jpg (529KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
rutsche_small.jpg
529KB, 900x720px
Thank you all for the advices. Then I probably go on with the last three semester.

>or even negatively impact future earnings.
Why is that? Do you have any example anon?

>>1181275
As the others mentioned you should safe up lots of money if you don't get any bafög or parents support. Being a working student during the master can be pretty tough and you probably have to add another semester to finish everything.
>>
>>1181356
>>1181376
I'm in the UK, and the government has new Loan Scheme for postgraduate students, if push comes to shove.

Anyway, as a Slav, I've always envied German Universities:
>Easy to get in.
>Hard to finish.
>Not a career suicide if you bomb an exam.
>Actually acquire knowledge.
>Less 'elitist't bullshit.

Ranking tables are absolute bullshit biased towards Shit-tier Anglo Universities.
>>
>>1181398
Why not studying here? Maybe Erasmus?
>>
>>1181401
No citizenhip :/
I'll be classified as non-EU for fee purposes outside the UK.

Maybe if I land a funded doctoral spot next year, if we don't Brexit by then.
>>
>>1181419
Good luck!
But there must be another way to study here. I know so many foreigners (not from Europe) studying here.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.