[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of becoming an electrician or a tradesman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 15237.jpg (17KB, 336x241px) Image search: [Google]
15237.jpg
17KB, 336x241px
What do you guys think of becoming an electrician or a tradesman in general?

I'm currently in Uni studying Math and Comp Sci and hate the bullshit that is college. I feel like I'm wasting years here only to become a cubicle cuck in the future. I want to be able to look at something at the end of the day and be proud of my work.

Every site I see says that trade jobs are only increasing in demand as people flood towards college for some god awful reason. Any current electricians or tradesmen that can weigh in on the field?
>>
>>1180925
Go for it. My friends father started from the bottom and got so quick and efficient at it he ended up making fuck loads of money, he took that money and started his own fire sprinkler company and quickly became a millionaire. Not a bad deal imo.
>>
If you can get a connection to give you a lot of good jobs, it's really good
My dad started out installing tile floors.
Quickly became good friends with someone who contracts jobs for large projects like hotels, schools, malls, etc and he made a lot of money.
>>
>>1180925
In civil Eng your can make some nice monuments too if you want to go the college route
>>
>>1181123
>If you can get a connection to give you a lot of good jobs, it's really good.
That's right.
Electrical engineer here. To be a good eletrician you need experiance. Not just with electrical trade but also for small work that follows electrical work (drilling, work on hights, operate with all kinds od tools and platforms...)
I also like when eletrican is inteligent, so you can leave him to work and not follow every step because he'll screw it up.
It's an interesting job all in all.
>>
I'm an electrician in Toronto, Canada.

Go for it. It's as good as you make it.

If you just want money and not think or take pride in your work, do something else.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.