[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here actually run an online bulk buying/onselling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (11KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 197x256px
Does anyone here actually run an online bulk buying/onselling business? I constantly hear that it is the way of the future but i have never actually heard of someone succeeding at it.

It seems to me that the shipping and handling costs would outweigh any profit you could make from it, unless you sold high end products.
>>
The trick is to only buy and sell high end products.
With high price comes high gains. Why try and sell hundred dirt cheap things when you can one expensive thing?
>>
>>1178863
Is it legal to buy a product, put your own personal branding on it, and sell it as a unique product?
>>
>>1178871
yes of course. so long as its a generic part.

ive been buying in bulk and reselling online for over 10 years now. 1-200 customers a day now, aiming to do over 2 million in sales this year.

>>1178863
my stuff varies from over a grand to about 10 bucks. at the end of the day, its all about the margin. if i can sell 10 items for 10 bucks, and make 3 dollars on each one, ill do it. people work half a day to earn 30 bucks so i have zero issue spending half an hour doing so.
>>
>>1178886
Do you have the items shipped to your house or have set up a system to ship directly from the wholesaler?

Also, what would happen if you bought obviously fake items such as a Rolex from an asian wholesaler and sold it for a profit?

For example, if i purchased a fake rolex for 5 dollars and sold it for 500 dollars, would I be liable? technically, to the best of my knowledge, the watch is real.

I assume there is a problem with this, otherwise everybody would be doing it.
>>
>>1178909
neither. shipping direct from the wholesaler aka dropshipping never works out. ive seen it time and time again with a zero success rate.

i started in a storage unit, then a small garage, then rented a small warehouse, and am now making offers on 20k/sqft buildings at about a million dollars. market sucks right now, shits double price from 7 years ago, but i am out of space.

ive always been max effort with my profits to buy more inventory in bulk. for years i was taking no money out. i was making 6 figures on paper yet recycling cans and rolling coins to buy gas for my beater while sleeping in my parents basement. a huge sacrifice in my personal life for this as you can imagine. now i have a small house owned in full, completely disconnected from the business and i live comfortably. the business is rich and i am not :) .
i only buy 40' shipping containers of product at a time and resell slowly individually. the overhead is sickening to do this but its required.

1/10 imports are inspected by customs. assuming you get through that, you have to legally sell it without getting in trouble. thats all i know about that. buying counterfeits is not my game at all. theres no reason to even bother with this shit though. surf alibaba and theres plenty of things to buy/resell that arent ie: fake rolexs.

going to work now, expect a different ID - if i can reply while there.
>>
>>1178954
Do you go throw third party revenues such as eBay and amazon to sell products or have you set up your own website? Or both?

Surely the overhead cost and time/effort of shipping items individually isn't worth it?

And what have you found is the most successful item to sell/Which items have the best margins?

My guess would be Electronic Accessories.
>>
>>1178972
>Do you go throw third party revenues such as eBay and amazon to sell products or have you set up your own website? Or both?
yes all of the above.

>Surely the overhead cost and time/effort of shipping items individually isn't worth it?
well i earn about 300k a year so i think it is.
>>
>>1178994
Have you figured out a more cost effective way of shipping than just the standard way of doing it? Or is it just a necessary sacrifice?

If going through a self made website, what marketing techniques do you use?
>>
>>1179024
i have accounts with fedex and usps, they give me amazing discounts due to my volume. there's not really any other way to do it.

my site is self made, i started playing around with html almost 20 years ago. marketing i go through lots of forums and i guess just word of mouth. its always interesting to see how a new product will slowly gain momentum with sales.
>>
>>1179460
did you ask for this or did it automatically give you discounts? did you eventually hire someone to post things for you?

If i were to start this, what should be my first step?
>>
I work for a B2B Business that does this. They aim for 50% margins but will reduce that for large orders from big clients.

Because the clients order in bulk they don't need to keep a large inventory just order as needed and have a small show room with samples. They generally get the stock ordered to the show room then deliver themselves but they dropship if its on the otherside of the country to save on shipping costs (otherwise the clients will just buy local and we live in Australia so its not economical to send things back and fourth) but its mostly local clients anyway.
>>
>>1180084
I also live in Australia. So the business sets up a show floor where potential clients come to look at products they can buy in bulk?

Surely the cost of running a physical store outweighs the benefits of this?

Do you know what company they use to dropship? And where do they advertise their products?
>>
I was going to drop ship some chinese shit, but I think the shipping would be brutal and not let the business thrive.

I have a good marketing plan to sell the stuff, and have a decent idea what to sell. I just have a full time job so so I don't have a ton of time to go ship shit individually.

My profit on the sale price would have to be super high to ship items to NA from Canada myself. Drop shipping is just so tempting...
>>
>>1180219
Why not buy from china, use amazon FBA and have it shipped directly there?
>>
>>1180219
something with higher margins I was thinking of as an example:
units are $24 each for me.
could sell for $50, maybe $55 as a bit of shipping padding.

But shipping to North American would be 12-15$
so $10-15 profit off of an item that I have to wrap, label, and go ship myself seems a bit petty, especially with a higher priced item not moving as much...

Other item I was thinking of is $8, could sell for $20 rather easily. They are stocked in a US warehouse with 3-8 business days shipping so drop shipping could be feasible if the chinese aren't fucking with me. I would make a similar profit per product moved and it would involve a lot less work
>>
>>1180227
so if I look into that US based drop shipping, I have the marketing capabilities that are rather cheap, do I just use my PayPal account to handle the transactions?

Set up a cheap domain to be linked to from my marketing with bare bones image-heavy buy this fucker now buttons, with direct link to pay through paypal so people feel secure?

then I order directly myself individual orders from supplier, then once business picks up/i see that this could work I could contact supplier directly to manage incoming orders for a small cut of profits? then I would be almost completely removed from the equation and the profits just roll in (this product should last for a while in popularity, i can market it well)

sorry for the speedposting I'm just inexperienced with this and am spitballing
>>
>>1180226
this seems super legit but it's not available in Canada.

I would rather go for bulk purchases, that seems the way to go for turning massive profit, but I think for just testing the waters and to see if I have the marketing skills I think I have for the products I want to sell, finding a chinese supplier that stocks it in a US warehouse to drop ship would be the best.

I can make a website and design the ads well, the only really question is to make it seems like a legitimate business. Even though it is, people are weary of chinese shit so I will have to really streamline the purchasing process as best as possible to make it seem like total first world involvement at all levels.
>>
What if i told you guys there's a business model where you have a permanent supplier for premium quality products and comes with a webstore, everything is ready for you. The items are 100% privately controlled and manufactured from start to finish (never in china). Cost only $60 every year for the partnership.
>>
>>1180256
I would say seems like a scam but tell me more
>>
>>1180233
Why does Canada have anything to do with it? Why not set up poster who receives packages from the supplier and china and have them directly send it to amazon?
>>
Bump for interest
>>
after a few days of research, to me it just seems like a simple pick a well selling item with lower competition than most, get it off alibaba, then ship it to amazon and let them use FBA. you set up a few squeezeboxes for the item, advertise it on amazon, and pay people to give it 5 star reviews, while sending out promotional vouchers. The item accumulates sales as it gets more positive reviews and advertising, then you introduce a new product doing the whole method again, which not only gives you the sales from that product but cross promotes your other product(s).

Not sure how legit this is but from what i have read it seems that it works.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.