[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Acorns legitimately a good way to start investing? Are these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: acorns-app.jpg (43KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
acorns-app.jpg
43KB, 1280x1280px
Is Acorns legitimately a good way to start investing? Are these returns realistic? What's the catch? Anyone have experience with the platform?
>>
File: acorns.png (298KB, 1700x839px) Image search: [Google]
acorns.png
298KB, 1700x839px
>>1178304
Woops posted the wrong image
>>
File: conservative.png (311KB, 1669x870px) Image search: [Google]
conservative.png
311KB, 1669x870px
bump
>>
Baseballs serious look it up
>>
Looks like a scam
>>
The fuck is this shit

Srs
>>
>>1178304
They charge you 0.25% per year for the privilege of buying 6 ETFs (which themselves have built-in fees of 0.05-0.20%).
Fucking highway robbery.

Open an account at Vanguard and buy the same ETFs yourself and save money. (Literally free if you buy Vanguard's ETFs)
>>
>>1178525
What's vanguard's catch?
>>
>>1178535
By investing with them you agree to allow Jack Bogle to ask you for a favor at some point in the future and you have to do it no matter what
>>
>>1178540
kek

But, seriously the catch is they don't provide active management unless you have a lot invested. They are low cost because they are DIY.
Also they hope you buy their ETFs and mutual funds instead of the competitor cause "muh market share".
>>
>>1178535
None. It's build on Ben Graham's look on investing and follow the movement of the general market (US Bonds, International Bonds, US Stocks, International Stocks, I think they have REITs and cash too and a lot of others) . Eventually no activly managed portfolio beats the market. Your only responsibility in this approach is to choose the weight of every ETF in your portfolio to personalize your exposure. I held vanguard REITs at some point iirc. I guess don't pick only vanguard ETFs just in case but essentially there is no catch. You just have to wait a long time to see profits.
>>
>>1178544
Also they are not setup for active traders. They want people who take long positions.
Example: In my cash account, they restricted me for three days in advance of settlement because of a possible freeride violation. This despite the fact that I had already setup an automatic sale of a fund for the express purpose of covering the stock purchase.
>>
>>1178525
That's only after 5000, if you're just using it for short term investing it great, because it's free for students
>>
I used them for a week. Decided its better to just use Robinhood with some stocks I like.
>>
>>1178535
You can't automatically round up your transactions. You have to actually think about your investment.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.