[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey serious question here so on my paycheck stub there is always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (248KB, 685x784px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
248KB, 685x784px
Hey serious question here so on my paycheck stub there is always ~$100 being with held for social security am I guaranteed this money whenever I turn 59? I'm 21 so it better be a fucking meme that that money is going to not be there in the future.
>>
>>1176783
Fuck no. You're delusional if you think you'll ever see a single cent of SS. Just count it as an extra tax.
>>
SS will not exist by the time you and I reach retirement

It will die with the boomers

You're not guaranteed shit with the government besides higher taxes and less freedoms
>>
>>1176783
yes, you will get it. it will likely be a percentage of what it is now though. the only way for these other idiots scenario to play out is if zero dollars were entering the SS system, which will never happen. if there is less money going out than coming in, everyome will eventually be forced to accept a smaller amount
>>
>>1176798

SS is essentially a wealth redistribution tax. People that barely pay into it get the most out of it and anyone that makes over 100k will always have a negative ROI from it.
>>
To add to my above comments

The retirement age is being raised to 67 in 2022
>>
>>1176783
I don't understand American SS. Seems like its inferior to the Australian superannuation scheme.
>>
>>1176825

It's essentially a government welfare program designed to fail after two generations
>>
>>1176826
I have just done some reading. Seems retarded, not possible to continue but would also be really hard to stop / change since people have put so much money in already. In Aus 10% of our salary goes into a personal super fund that you can't touch till you are retired / get sick where you have some influence of how that is invested. Seems far superior to US SS.
>>
>>1176825
Its just a legal ponzi scheme.
>>
>>1176783

Same shit here in Canada.

They call it the CPP and it gets deducted from my pay automatically. But in just another 20 years, that shit is going to be insolvent, with more beneficiaries than contributors, because manchildren aren't starting families.
>>
SS isn't that poorly designed. Its only that it was intended for a country that was 90+% white and not one filled with niggers, spics, and other shitskins who ruin any system that they're a part of
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.