[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /biz/ My family runs a online sex shop. We started back in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 7ifpqpS.jpg (46KB, 400x340px) Image search: [Google]
7ifpqpS.jpg
46KB, 400x340px
So /biz/
My family runs a online sex shop.
We started back in November.
We are doing good, but I really feel like this shop has way more potential than it currently has.

The thing with my family is that they refuse to hire anyone knowledgeable to run the site and maintain it, they assume because I'm doing a degree in IT that I can solve every issue.

Besides this, I had to make graphics for our site (most of the site was done by a professional, we had a falling out and if we want new banners I gotta fucking do them and I'm sure as fuck not a artist)

We noticed that recently we are getting plenty of traffic from our advertisement (mostly FB based) but no purchases, what would be the common cause?

I'm tired of doing stuff on this website but I really don't want it to fail either, for the sake of my family.

Can anyone give me any tips on how to retain customers and perhaps some advertising tips?
>>
>I'm sure as fuck not a artist

or good at writing for that matter
>>
sell nitrous or other stuff that underage kids are into.
>>
>>1176278
>has way more potential than it currently has.
Actually it has exactly the amount of potential that it has

Also

>family owned sex shop

As for your question, put a sale up on your ads. People are more likely to buy something if they think they're getting a good deal. Set up your site with PayPal if you haven't already, people like to feel safe buying things online, especially its from an unknown site.
>>
>>1176278
Visits don't mean buys, specially in a service like that, you will get some curious visit, some perv to fap to the models picture, or whatever, so no much buy action.

If you want my 2 cents, if I had a shop like this atm, I would add BTC support, why? well I think people is more willing to spend internet points in items like this, than they are willing to do with fiat, also bank records that you might have to explain ETC...
TL;DR: visits!=sells; think of other traffic income, not facebook; add BTC to payment option; reconsider design? give me the link and I can judge better.
>>
>>1176293
>>1176284
English is not my first language.
>>
>>1176295
BTC is interesting, but how do you price something when the currency value changes so much? Also there might be legal issues in dealing with that
>>
>>1176337
Quite sure you have services paypal-like that will give you the money in the currency you want, and you will sell at a fixed price, that you can keep legal record too, depending where and stuff, but if a service like that doesn¡t exist someone should make it.
Lots of e-shops will like having a btc option for buyers but geting money in fiat for a fee 5%~, with the vlume btc is moving there is not even risk, get the money, send to exchange get fiat.
>>
>>1176278

membership plans?

bulk discounts?
>>
>>1176284
typical /biz/ useless posters with nothing of value to add.

(including me. Sorry Op I don't know shit about this stuff. Maybe offer what appear to be very good deals, have some testimonies sprinkled throughout the website)
>>
>>1176295
>BTC

No.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.