[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are you guys trading? Come speculate on the future of oil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: cucknadia.png (198KB, 2586x1697px) Image search: [Google]
cucknadia.png
198KB, 2586x1697px
What are you guys trading?
Come speculate on the future of oil and the Canadian market in general
>>
My bet is on the currency itself. Canada is a petro currency and the price of oil is artificially depressed. I'd bet on an appreciating $CDN vs the $USD.

Not risky enough? Amplify it with US small cap funds.
>>
File: 1413342914722.png (195KB, 318x396px) Image search: [Google]
1413342914722.png
195KB, 318x396px
>tfw was working the oil fields making low 6 figures right out of highschool
>tfw laid off and unemployable

oil pls
>>
hahahahahahaha
>>
>>1176276
Being from newfoundland i have many friends who know this feel

>>1176238
with so many variables in oil, is it worth trusting cad?
>>
>>1176319
Meh, 7 billion monkeys, resources will be in demand that much is for sure. The only question is how they get pilfered out of the country and who gets to make the loot. Big oil was profitable for a reason, even tar goo but all resources work, forestry, potash, assorted minerals including gold and lately, water. Nestle is raping the ground water aquifers around my place as we speak, paying shit wages too! Someone is raking it in!
>>
>>1176276
I know this feel as well anon.

DV oilfields are quiet as fuck right now, nothing moving.
>>
>>1176042

I'm thinking of putting my next $1000 into some medium size energy company, capitalizing on the increase in oil.
>>
>>1176042
Will the CAD become weaker? I am going to Montreal in late June and I have been keeping updated on the rates. So far the CAD is recovering, but I want it to remain cheap for the USD at least until I leave Montreal
>>
>>1176641
I bought 30,000 shares of CAZ ($0.015/share), when oil was high, they were $0.44/share.

I can't wait for $120 oil again.

It's a Texas oil company that's traded on TSX.
>>
Op here

I suggest looking into fts, nmx, lix
>>
>>1176690

WTF dude, those shares are trading at 0.005... How is this company still alive?
>>
>>1176777

Not to mention they are being delisted from the TSX, so you can't use these in your TFSA..
>>
>>1176777
>>1176780
It was a bet, at the time they looked "OK" and it was a hail mary buy.

Meh, it wasn't much money.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160404-231710.png (284KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160404-231710.png
284KB, 1920x1080px
Right now? Just got into the whole stocks thing a month ago, and I have no idea if my portfolio is any good. Also some in rrsp and some mutual funds not really worth listing.
>>
>>1176815

$450 isn't much, not a bad bet.

Looks like the fucking Saudis have finished off poor CAZ.

Wait until Trump takes care of those sand niggers.
>>
>>1176829

At least half of your shit is in the green, which is much better than me.

And I'm supposed to own the sexy US and exotic stuff, while Canadian equities have been lame.

You made 7% on TD stocks in a month?
>>
>>1176833
Pure luck. Kind of tried to go for a slow growth based kind of thing. Kind of hopped aboard the Corus boat a bit late though.
>>
>>1176841

Not bad at all. I hate Canadian equities in general. It's been a lame market for at least 3 years. Now the US is tapering out so I'm thinking of going into Third world BRIC shit stocks. Half of them risk insolvency because of things like murdered CEOs and kidnappings.

Oh the joys of the developing world.
>>
>>1176690
>I can't wait for $120 oil again.

That's pretty optimistic.

I think there's a cap of somewhere around $80. Too much unconventional stuff becomes profitable around then.

OPEC is worried about encouraging alternatives with prices too high.
>>
>>1176829
I bought corus on my practice account around when it was bottoming out, and didn't know what the fuck I was doing. Just like you, got on the boat a bit late (yesterday). Looking forward to their report on the 16th. Feeling optimistic.
>>
I'm about to lose everything I've ever made in bombardier. Got in at 1.33 and haven't had the balls to cut my losses yet. This fucking stock is going to be .50 by next week at this rate.

Fuck
>>
>>1176042
>BUY GALXF
>TO THE MOON
>>
>>1178018
>bombardier
why even
>>
>>1178029

I honestly don't know what the fuck I was thinking.
>>
>>1178018
Kek when everyone was shilling bombardier last month
>>
Why tf is CSIQ trading so low? Is it because of oil?
>>
>>1176829
Should probably look into CN or CP, their essentially the backbone on the economy in the sense that they facilitate the transport of a significant amount of goods. Hunter Harrison has now made an impact on both and their ability to scale costs too economic activity is a huge benefit in these uncertain times.
>>
>>1178160
I think Sunedison going broke, has scarred people out of the sector.

But a Canadian manufacturer could never make it in that market.
>>
>>1176276
How are you unemployable? If you're a field hand you can do pretty much any manual labour job.

Or did you mean unemployable at 6 figures? Well, yeah...
>>
>>1176642
I have a coworker who gets hundreds of dollars of quarters at a time and separates all the US ones. He got something like 2000 US for his last vacation, all in quarters.
>>
>>1176276
How did you apply and get in?

I hope it oil gets back up. Nothing left in Ontario :(
>>
>>1178029
>>1178060
They're forecasted to go up in value over a two year period (depending on government investment & CS100/200/300 jet orders), if all goes well it's $2.70+... if not, it will sit in up/down purgatory.
>>
>>1178019
Is GAFXF compatible with TFSA accounts?
I hate paying 50% CG tax.
>>
File: shutterstock_147604589.jpg (181KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_147604589.jpg
181KB, 500x332px
>>1178818

I initially got in hoping based trudeau would bail them out and I could enjoy a quick 20%. However as time goes on it seems the federal bailout is no longer happening. When the official rejection comes in, we are going to get skewered. Still holding though, because at this point there isn't anything better or more exciting for us Canadians.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.