[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Bu-bye." That's the best way I know how to end

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: avaya-9650c-ip-phone.jpg (36KB, 339x257px) Image search: [Google]
avaya-9650c-ip-phone.jpg
36KB, 339x257px
"Bu-bye."

That's the best way I know how to end a call, but it feels way too feminine. For context, I often am not speaking to the same people, so I don't have some rapport to establish more casual goings.

How do you close your calls, /biz/?
>>
I'm in sales/tech support for an engineering firm, and I spend about half my day on the phone.

It really depends who I'm talking to. If it's the good ol' boy down the road, who I've known for a bit, it's "and hey boss, you stay outta trouble now, hear?"

If it's the cute little Mexican chick that calks in orders for her company, its a little Adios or something like that.

In general, I dont like buh-bye for the same reason. I usually stick with have a great day, or have a good one.
>>
File: a0163-000026.jpg (84KB, 509x337px) Image search: [Google]
a0163-000026.jpg
84KB, 509x337px
>>1175872
>It's a little adios
>>
>>1175872
>I usually stick with have a great day, or have a good one.

Yeah, I do that too but goes as like this

Me: Thanks, and have a good day
Them: Sure thing, you too
Me: Bu-bye
Them: bu-bye

Leaving off the last exchange, there's always some pause...like the initial "Have a good day" wasn't enough to hang up the phone. So, acknowledging the pause, the other option is "bye" but it doesn't carry the same mood as the conversation or first-round of closing.
>>
File: 1100923892.gif (13KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1100923892.gif
13KB, 633x758px
>>1175883

>tfw "Have a good day" wasn't enough to hang up the phone.
>>
I always mix it up but it's usually situational. Sometimes it's a buhbye or thank you ma'am/sir, have a good day/evening, thank you for your time, goodbye now, I appreciate it, laters, have a wonderful day/weekend, etc

Just make it genuine. Half the time no one gives a shit unless you did them a solid or fucked up their shit
>>
>Take care of yourself <LASTNAME.JPG>

It's personal. It doesn't offend them if they like you. It puts you on their level. Call it inappropriate if you like but it works. I swear by it.
>>
I usually just hang up the phone after I'm done talking. then again I'm not into sales.
>>
File: Devilish.jpg (139KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Devilish.jpg
139KB, 500x500px
I say take care in my soft English voice and when I put down the phone I call them a pleb.
>>
>>1175887
this

just end it op. your goodbye's are like the captcha asking me to select a million bodies of water or street numbers... just end it already!
>>
>>1175863

I just thanks bye.

Some times I add take care.

It's a sale.

One thing it took me a while to realize: don't be fake to customers they see right through it and hate it. Be nice, but be real.
>>
>>1175863
Ask them about their dreams. Then tell them goodluck.
>>
Smell ya later. *click*
>>
File: 1395051618854.jpg (90KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1395051618854.jpg
90KB, 600x600px
I like the casual primal scream into the receiver and banging it on the desk. Often followed by biting it so they can hear the plastic bend and click. This shows the client I am comfortable enough to stray from societal norms, and thus - am a friend
>>
>>1175872
>a little adios
You have got to be fucking kidding me
>>
In superior non-english languages we have many variations on "until next time", "good night/day/afternoon", etc.
>>
>>1175863
>take it easy
>peace
>aight catchya
>laters yo
>better got my money next time ya hurd

Source: I sling crack.
>>
I panic on the inside every time I return to my desk and see a new voicemail.

Fuck the phone.
>>
>>1175883
>there's always some pause...
yeah thats when you hang up you fuckin autist.
>>
>>1176294
Same here.
Luckily my boss is also autistic so he doesn't care.
>>
>>1177313
I unironically say "take it easy" everytime
>>
>>1175863
Your problem is giving two shit about stuff like this. Do you think the successful people you aspire to be like even think about little irrelevant things they do like this?
>>
>>1177324

If that's true, why doesn't the other party ever hang up at that point?

>>1177332
Are successful people thoughtful? Yes, I think so. Be aware that this does not impact my performance and I'm just killing time while I'm being well-compensated in my own comfy office.

Linguistic minutiae isn't trivial, nor is it something only autistic/etc would be curious about.
>>
>>1175863
Why not just say "bye"? That's what I do.

You do realize "bu-bye" is short for "bye-bye" which is what small children say?
>>
>>1175872
adios - hahahaha

>>1175863
I normally go with a "truuuueeeee" or "aite keep it 100". It let's people know I am in tune with other cultures.
>>
Praise Allah, <last name>
>>
>>1175863

"Toodles!"
>>
Ba-bye now
>>
Buh-bye or buy buy

works for me every time
>>
>>1177414
Or just:

Vaya con dios!
>>
>>1176385
and those fucking street name signs
>>
"Alright have a good one"
"You too"
"Bye" *click*
>>
"love you, too."
>>
>hanging out with friend
>he gets a call from his mum
>manages to put me on the phone with her just to make me feel awkward
>decided to hang up the phone with "love you" to call his bluff
>a week later he invites me out to a bar to begin a night out
>turns out he tricked me, and now I'm spending an evening with his mother and her boyfriend
>she flirts with me
>he gets passive aggressive

It was incredibly uncomfortable, the moral of the story is always hang up with "bu-bye" because it doesn't get you into any problems.
>>
Anyone else here /awkward silence...*click*/?
>>
I usually say "thanks, bye" or just "bye", depending on context.
>>
>>1177332
sort of this. i used to dread talking on the phone but it goes away as you gain more life experience. you'll realize that you are who you are and if the person on the other end of the phone can't handle a baby-soft "b-buhbye"... well.. fuck'em and so-what.

you'll probably grow out of it tho and just do something like:

>is there anything else we need to cover? (or anything else i can assist you with, etc.)
no...
>alright, have a good one, bob. (it's kind of fun to give a personal command at the end)
*click*
>>
me - "enjoy the rest of your day"
them - "thanks anon, you too"
*click*
>>
Alright, talk to you soon. Goodbye.
>>
"Thank you for your continued support and interest in _____, have a great day"
>>
"K."
>>
>>1177702
hehehehe

"cool"
"click"
*click*
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.