[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This guy is my idol. All dreaming aside though, how does one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

This guy is my idol. All dreaming aside though, how does one get on the trajectory to be massively successful like he has been?
>>
step 1: make barely functional payment service
step 2: sell service to Bill Gates for 2 bazillion prnnies
step 3: use your newly found pennies to buy favor with liberal politicians
step 4: use political influence to redirect billions more taxpayer pennies into your failing solar company
step 5: leverage government backed solar company to get mega loans to open a failing auto maker
step 6: go back to government friends for more cheese
step 7: get NASA shut down and open failing rocket company
step 8: repeat step 6

I can only imagine he will start a failing resturaunt next that we will all end up paying for
>>
>>1174959
Did he start Tesla? I thought Tesla was already in existence and failing hard and they brought him in as CEO and he turned it around. I don't know I just read about him on Wikipedia last night and found him a very interesting person.

I like how he likes America so much even though he's not from here. You can tell how much he fucking loves this country it brings a tear to my eye.

I think he really believes in what he does and works hard. I'd rather have Tesla and SpaceX use my tax money than Jaquan and Shaneesha. And I'm sure what Tesla has got is nothing compared to what GM got, as they continue to make shitty cars and move their operations to Mexico.

He seems to be a chill as fuck guy that just wants to work and make america great again. He's probably voting for Trump even though he would take away a lot of his subsidies.

Anyways I like him a lot too OP.
>>
Elon is an anomaly. A regular person cannot work up to his level. The only way to reach his level of influence is to be abnormally smart and driven.

The first step, though, would be to get a hold of lots and lots of money. Start a business, copy exactly what everyone else is doing and make boat loads of cash. Use the money to start a company that recycles radioactive waste and uses it to do quantum computing. Now you're the talk of the town.
>>
>>1174982
>I'd rather have Tesla and SpaceX use my tax money than Jaquan and Shaneesha.
/thread
>>
>>1174894
Tesla has hundreds of thousands of reservations for the Model 3

>hurr durr they're gonna fail
>>
>>1174959
>failing rocket company
they're launching rockets every month now and they've got a backlog of pre-paid launch reservations worth literal billions
>>
He's a very smart determined person

IIRC he bought a programming book as a kid and got really into it
>>
>>1175076
He reads a lot, that's how he accelerates his knowledge.

I don't think that you necessarily have to read, you can go to lectures, read online, watch videos, practice, talk to mentors, etc.
>>
>>1174998
This.
>>
>>1174998
translation:
>I'd rather give every liberal millionaire who buys a Tesla $20k and destroy NASA to pay Elon Musk than use this money to better the country.

in case you missed it, we had the number 1 space program in the world before SpaceEx. Now we rent space on Russian shuttle launches.

I hate how SpaceEx is treated like they are inventing space travel. NASA had been doing this succesfully for half a century and SpaceEx has a launch failure every month
>>
File: Wernher_von_Braun.jpg (601KB, 1900x2336px) Image search: [Google]
Wernher_von_Braun.jpg
601KB, 1900x2336px
>>1174894
>how does one get on the trajectory to be massively successful like he has been?
1. Get rich people to support you. Sell them dreams for new big projects.
2. Get even richer people and the goubernment to support you with even more money for even bigger projects.

People always have a weakness for new big projects.

He went from
$28,000 (from father) Zip2
to
$22.000.000 X-Com
to
$165.000.000 Paypal
to
$13.500.000.000 ??? I don't know how to calculate this
From here on he pursues multiple ongoing projects simultaneously
SpaceX, Tesla, SolarCity, Hyperloop

Most people only hit it big once and can not repeat their (unlikely) success. The secret to musk is that he doubled down and won multiple times. Also he was able to lever up with other peoples money, which limited his downside a bit.
>>
>>1175195
Salty liberal detected. Sorry that private enterprise is doing it better.
>>
>>1174982
Also, Musk is part of the Silicon Valley "Stop Trump" meetings, where he, Fuckerburg, Bezos, and Gates meet with top democrats and republicans and drink a virgins blood at the altar of Hillary. He's just a rich crony elitist. You good goys bought right into his PR branding campaign
>>
>>1175202
Failing small rocket launches that NASA perfected in the 50s is "better" than putting a man on the moon. Fuck off Mitt Romney
>>
File: 1447636551410.jpg (67KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1447636551410.jpg
67KB, 640x640px
>>1175197
>Example started with meager $28,000 from father
>TFW can't even overcome this hurdle yet.

Life's pretty shit tbqh
>>
It's getting that seed capital that makes the difference.

How did Elon make his initial money?
>>
>>1174982
>You can tell how much he fucking loves this country it brings a tear to my eye
I think you're projecting there bro, also that's fucking lame.
>>
>>1175195
>we had the number 1 space program in the world before SpaceEx. Now we rent space on Russian shuttle launches.
Its called out sourcing
>>
>>1175234
if he started with 28k and ended with a net worth of 13billion, I reckon he'd still be a millionaire if he had to start from $20.
>>
he has a good PR team.
he paid marvel to claim that iron man was modelled after him.
>>
File: mfw3.jpg (7KB, 239x200px) Image search: [Google]
mfw3.jpg
7KB, 239x200px
>>1174959
>paypal was,is barely functional
>space x is failing
>solar city is failing SCTY
>tesla is failing TSLA

Thank you for existing Anon. it's people like you that I can sell deep out of the money puts to ALL DAY LONG. Has the market been rough on you? You're probably excited about Bernie's $15/hr minimum tho
>>
>>1175195
>in case you missed it, we had the number 1 space program in the world before SpaceEx. Now we rent space on Russian shuttle launches.
no we didn't, russians outperformed us, Elon is fighting for America you dumbfuck.
>>
File: 1394892006389.png (195KB, 270x350px) Image search: [Google]
1394892006389.png
195KB, 270x350px
>>1175226
>nasa perfected reusable vertical takeoff / lander in the 1950s
>>
File: valit.jpg (48KB, 645x459px) Image search: [Google]
valit.jpg
48KB, 645x459px
>>1175226
>fucking russian fags learned english
america will be great again, you can stick that baikonour third world shit up your hairy asses fucking russkies
>>
>>1175061
what is amazon
>>
he sure as fuck doesn't shitpost on 4chan all day or ever

you monkeys are already doomed
>>
>>1175195
you retard NASA was already failing, and then SpaceX came and is trying to keep american space exploration alive (and currently succeeding)
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.