[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm lost. I want to be an entrepreneur, I want an online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (190KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190KB, 1360x768px
I'm lost. I want to be an entrepreneur, I want an online business and I want to be an expert at something and make a living off of my passion, but I'm 100% lost. I just can't seem to find the thing that I'm passionate about, the thing that's gonna make me want to stay up late and wake up early eager to work on.

I've overcame a lot for a past few months. I used to be a drug addict and would blow money on useless things until I experienced a sort of realization or awakening moment. I decided I don't want to be poor, I hate work, I hate waking up knowing I'm heading to go work at something I'm not into, making my boss happy while I'm here literally wasting my youth.

I'm not here to blog about my life or anything, I just want someone to show me how I can find that "thing". I've been depressed as hell lately because I just need an idea. That idea would make me go to work happy and actually have a real incentive to work at a shitty job other than money, which isn't important to me. I need that idea so I can work hard to achieve it.

TL;DR
How can I find what I'm passionate about? I'm inexperienced in almost everything, and i have trouble finding what I should focus 100% my time and energy on and develop that skill
>>
How skilled are you at fellatio?
>>
What a fucking wall of text.

You are not unique, you're an emo little bitch. Accept it.
>>
>>1173104
Not very good
>>1173112
Didn't mean to offend ya man, and wasn't implying I'm unique I know I'm not. just figured someone who used to be in my position can offer tips, didn't mean to make you piss your pants in anger man
>>
>>1173074
What game is that?
>>
Be passionate about the idea of refining a business at all if you have no value to bring to the table in terms of business ideas or applicable skill sets.

Buddy up top was right, you do seem like an emo bitch. You may not have the temperament or drive for entrepneurship , especially given your history of drug abuse and therefore lack of discipline. I wouldn't bet on you.

The good news is that you don't have to care we think. Prove us wrong anon. Put in the time, do the work, diversity your income streams over time and delegate effectively.

In terms of passion you can make a living at, most people find expertise then they develop a passion within their world of mastery. Not the other way around.

Good luck. Now quit being a bitch.
>>
File: 1414475759621.jpg (117KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1414475759621.jpg
117KB, 1920x1080px
>>1173112
>You are not unique, you're an emo little bitch. Accept it.
I think he has accepted it. Hence why he's saying that he's lost and wants to find something to work hard at in order to be an entrepreneur.

>>1173074
>How can I find what I'm passionate about?
Honestly, you will never find out if you just sit around thinking about it. You have to go out and try things. This is why vocational high schools make students sample half of their programs before allowing them to choose one after a semester instead of just letting them choose at the beginning. Unfortunately, I don't know of any programs like that which let you sample different trades to find out what you like after high school.
I'd say you should probably go on youtube and start looking up different trades and professions. Look up dirty jobs and start watching a few of the episodes along with other shows like it. Get out a notepad and pen(no, don't use the computer, it's very different when you actually put pen to paper) and describe the pros and cons in your eyes of each profession. Then, give it a rating from 1 - 10. Every few days, go back and read what you wrote before and think about it without the rose-tinted glasses. Are you still interested or disinterested?

And no, you probably won't end up where you think you will. I went to a voc high school for computer programming. Very few of us have continued with it. One guy now co-owns a business putting up large party tents and bouncy houses. Another became a barber and now owns his own barber shop. Another is a network technician on a navy frigate. Another guy now works in a bakery. One girl now tutors kids with mental illnesses. Three of the other guys not mentioned have followed through to being software engineers. And I... I make my living writing erotica novellas and romance novels.

TL;DR Explore some careers, find something that you find interesting, make a plan to enter the industry, do your homework, and go for it.
>>
You're not alone. Probably not the best idea asking /biz/ this board is cancer.
>>
>>1173074
You need to widen your horizons nigga. Ideas are integrations of existing things you know. You probably buy from Amazon. But do you know how to sell on Amazon/Ebay/Etsy? Do you know any unique product that can be sold there? Or even a generic product which you can undercut by price? Think in terms of CONNECTIONS and the idea will come to you. Don't waste your youth working for old worthless fucks.

>>1173112
Fuck off you boomer scum.
>>
>>1173144
beautiful, just beautiful.
>>
OP, trust me and read So Good They Can't Ignore You by Cal Newport.

"Finding your passion" is bullshit. Pick something that people will pay money for and that sounds interesting to you. Study and practice it. Start offering your services for free, and then for small amounts, and as you get better, increase your price.

Passion comes from getting very, VERY good at something that people will pay money for. It is created, not found.
>>
File: Here.gif (368KB, 245x137px) Image search: [Google]
Here.gif
368KB, 245x137px
What keeps you up at night right now OP?

http://dropcanvas.com/zpf5p
Any way you sound like the perfect candidate for HustleMuscleRehab.

Its really Eben Pagan's Self Made wealth program.

Eben was trailer trash scum before he wrote double your dating under the pseudonym David DeAngelo.
His company is grosses about 10M per year last I checked.

I'm also really digging Dan Pena right now.
He's got a torrent and is on Youtube. He might be a bit much for you right now. He just smashes your emotions and say you need to say fuck your emotions and do it any way. While Eben will help you do deeper work and break down your patterns. But Dan is by far the richest business speaker I've seen.

>>1173132
Lots of entrepreneurs do drugs man. I understand your point about emotional control and stability being essential. But for some they only need it for the 1 hour presentation to the financiers.
>>1173144
This man, Go out and do all kinds of shit. Worst thing is you learn something and what you don't want.

In this day and age we've got a lot of passion. There have never been so many people so passionate about so much. What we are in real short supply of is diligent thorough work.
>>
>>1173074
OP, after lurking here and posting occasionally for a good year, I have concluded that you will never get any good advice here, ever. It will either be shit, or it will be something you can't personally use because you're not in the same place as the person giving the advice.

But, then you're probably not here for actual good advice. You probably have other reasons for making this thread, and for being on this shithole of a forum. You should look at those motives.
>>
OP here, was gone for a while guys, reading everything posted.

>>1173144
yeah man I've realized I'm a little bitch, which is why I'm doing everything I can to stop. All i've been doing for weeks now is looking up youtube, but its mostly self help business pop crap that im tired of hearing. I'll definitely am going to start looking at different careers though, keep on exploring.

>>1173145
I think all of 4chan is man, I've been browsing r9k and pol for years, and it started as enjoyment of the satire, but overtime that mindset gets implanted. its poisonous, and after months not browsing those boards, i can literally tell the difference in my behavior, I'm not a huge douche angry prick like i used to. but i'd figure try /biz/ out. would you recommend any better forums for entrepreneurs? shoot i'd even try reddit honestly.

>>1173147
exactly my friend. I don't care about money, i want to be free. I don't want a salary or hourly wage anymore, those old fucks can fuck themselves, my time is valuable. I'll sure look at what i can do using those websites, I've always wanted to do flipping on ebay.

>>1173191
thanks man, i'll definitely read that book. I guess I forgot to mention on the OP that any books would be helpful too, idk which ones to read.

"Passion comes from getting very, VERY good at something that people will pay money for. It is created, not found."

this gave me fucking chills man, thank you. this makes perfect fucking sense to me.
>>
>>1173254
what keeps me up at night and makes me fucking toss and turn till 3am is the thought that what I'm doing isn't benefiting me at all, that I know I'll wake up tomorrow with no motivation and energy because the work i do is meaningless to me. I'm 23 and I feel fucking used. I brainstorm and think how the fuck am I gonna get out of this fucking circle. I need to have that game plan, that goal thats gonna motivate the shit out of me.

I'll check that shit out man, thank you for sharing that. I'm taking any advice i can get.

and on the drug thing, i haven't done anything in 6 months since i decided to quit, not even drank alcohol. The thought of smoking weed or blowing money getting drunk is depressing for me, I can't see myself being that way, literally wasting. I can understand now why that lifestyle is degenerate.

>>1173259
thanks man. I just want clues, suggestions. a different forum, something thats worked for someone here who actually made it.
>>
my plan is this if anyone is curious...

work shitty jobs for a while till I save enough to start ?goal?

do whatever it takes to make ?goal? happen and live off ?goal?

go to school full time for a chemical engineering degree and continue to live off ?goal? all through school

either keep ?goal? for a while or pursue chemical engineering degree. I'd love to work with alternative fuel sources or anything that can be done to help save the planet

either start a business later on using my experience i get from being a chemical engineer, or team up with people and help make something revolutionary in that field.

use the money i make to buy a shit ton of assets. maybe make a few small businesses.

invest into small businesses and stock market and land/housing, and eventually retire and live off the earnings i make from there.

sit back and enjoy the rest of my life, maybe write a couple books, blah blah

the missing thing for my plan is ?goal?. idk what it is. idk what i should fucking do.
>>
hey man. my man. you've made the first step, that's a great start. you know your situation is shit and you want to change it, congrats.

so i'm just gonna give you my 2 cents bc i'm drunk as fuck right now.

momentum has a tendency to feed back into itself. you know? the more momentum you have the more you'll keep accelerating. but if you are paralyzed, waiting for the golden nugget idea, the golden nugget opportunity, the golden nugget whatever, NOTHING will ever happen. so take action, and correct the course if you find yourself driving in the wrong direction. but you need to take action.

bit about myself: shit life, shit everything. decide to pursue what i love, do it for 3 years barely getting by, having to borrow cash, having to pester parents for rent help, life is shit, thinking about killing myself every day.

now? i make good money and barely do any fucking work. i fuck around all day and get money from answering a few emails. i put in the work and pain to get here. i'm a complete fucking imbecile. anyone can achieve in 1 year what i achieved in 3 years. i promise you that.

good luck brah!
>>
Find something that makes you decent money and then be the best at it. For me that was selling real estate. Started two years ago as a side gig while i went to school for a bs degree,cause a friend's was working part time and making decent money. made my first few commission check after 4 months of nothing, dropped out of college and started selling full time. 1 and a half years later and I've already sold 25 houses since January. Every realtor in my area is old like 40+ and does business old school, I started bringing Internet marketing into the mix and exploded in sales

M/22 on track to make 6 figures this year

Now for the cons: the past year I've poured everything into succeeding at this business. All of my time has gone to making myself more $. Due to this personal relationships have suffered to the point where I celebrated my 21st birthday at a bar getting a contract signed. My girlfriend dumped me. Not much dating prospects around everyone I work with is 20-40 years older than me and I don't go out and party anymore. All I do is work, it sucks sometimes but I've reached the point where I don't really stress about $. Also I fucking hate my job and the people I deal with but I LOVE making money. I may do this for a few years and then get into the investing side of real estate once I have some more capitol. I just closed on my first flip house so if that goes as planned I'll feel more confident doing more.
>>
>>1173383
Care to share your story in a more detailed way? Not OP but I will appreciate it, and probably would many others here as well.
>>
this thread makes me happy. Although im not OP im in the same situation. Thanks for the honest motivation
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 331x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 331x500px
>>1173074
You need to read this book. If not read it, at least google it and find some notes, summaries, reviews etc. It holds the answer you're looking for.

A quick talk about the book
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB5bohXV3hQ
>inb4 Tai Lopez
yeah yeah he's a meme whatever but that's irrelevant to my point.
>>
Here's the best answer I heard.

It's from Ramit Sethi -
'what do you find yourself doing on a lazy sunday? Things you enjoy and would do for free. Can you do that? Or something related to that?'

It won't work for everybody, and it probably won't be what you want to do in future.

So, my first advice is, don't think 'ok, it has to be this, it's all I've got'.

NO.

Most successful people had a large dose of luck or early talent or advantage that was leveraged,
Or ended up doing something different later on.

What you learn from that first thing is more than how to make money doing that thing, it's that you can make money doing something new, can learn new skills, new experiences, which begin to show your strengths and weaknesses.

I started out being a chef.
Had natural talent, but never leveraged it in any way, just hare work in kitchens.

Ditched that.
Security work.
Easy money and not real work.
Got bored with that.

Personal trainer for few years.
Didn't make much at that, I sucked at sales.
So started studying sales and marketing, dealmaking, negotiating, etc
After learning so much of that,
I figured I could just sell anything,
Why sell just my time and my service?

So I went self-employed and hustled myself as a general writer/pen for hire, did data entry, then article writing, then commercial writing, then copywriting since more lucrative.
Learned more about business, finance, investing.

Once I learned those skills, started leveraging them more and now do business consulting, copywriting, and marketing and writing coaching.

Multiple businesses now, one is health and fitness related, one is food related, one writing related, one is an investment club.

Inb4 I don't write.
You're writing now.
Some of these shitposters will average at least 500-1000 words in a thread, and they will hit up maybe 3-5 threads per session.
Even for a lowball bid, that's maybe $5 an entry-level writer could make.

Writing = negotiable rates
Shitposting = $0 P/HR
>>
>>1173461
Also forgot -

There is a meme that says 'do what you love',
And, while it has some merit as a starting point or first thing to test, there is a downside to that -

Many people find that once they attach the idea of money/work/career/business to a hobby or interest, It loses some, or all, of it's original appeal.
For instance, 10 years as a PT and nutritional advisor, means I never want to speak to anyone again about health and fitness issues, and I rarely share that fact.

Donald Trump, on the other hand, said -
'Love what you do.'
An important distinction.
He may not enjoy the times he spent standing a muddy brownfield site on a rainy day, talking to a contractor or something,
So he was not doing what he loved, but he was loving what he did; visualizing buildings and resorts with his name stamped on them,
And decorating them lavishly, having people around him, advisors on call, say what you like about him, but he loves that shit.
He loves playing the part of 'the boss'...

If you don’t, you can still be a leader, not a manager, or an artist, a collaborator, partner, etc, choose a part and try it on for size.
>>
>>1173483
>Donald Trump, on the other hand, said -
>'Love what you do.'
>An important distinction.
>He may not enjoy the times he spent standing a muddy brownfield site on a rainy day, talking to a contractor or something,
>So he was not doing what he loved, but he was loving what he did; visualizing buildings and resorts with his name stamped on them

Underrated post
>>
File: You Stupid Mother.gif (488KB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
You Stupid Mother.gif
488KB, 500x210px
>>1173377

No wonder you're tossing and turning at night. You're trying to resolve a completely illogical order of operations.

your plan is
Suffer and stack until your figure out your magic dream,
if you find it you're gonna throw all your eggs in one basket.
and then after you've 1 in a millioned you're gonna
chase your perfectly real dream of chemical engineering.

You know at 24 you're classed as an independant adult and are therefore eligible to receive the full pell grant 8k to go to college. and simultaneously qualify for thousands in subsidized loans from the government right.

Any way how many chemical engineering journals do you read at night? How many chemical synthesis reactions are you learning? How many chemical engineers to you talk to per hour?

Why aren't you studying chemical engineering right now, talking to teachers to get ahead, or CLEP/Dantes-ing useless courses to get more college credits on the chemicals you love?
>>
File: HAT UP.png (3MB, 2560x1513px) Image search: [Google]
HAT UP.png
3MB, 2560x1513px
>>1173483
I CAME
>>
>>1173497
Wow. Thanks man. Fuckkk haha
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.