[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of studying anything but finance? Even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

What's the point of studying anything but finance?

Even if you do end up making a big salary being a doctor, you still won't know what to do with it and you'll be getting fucked on high income taxes.
>>
>I only understand a narrow niche of professional life through the lens of my autism, 4chan posts, and investopedia

Spend some time in the real world OP.
>>
Because Finance is a meme only useful for convincing idiots to hand over their money for you to "invest" and take a hefty slice off the top from.

The doctor can simply buy VOO and already be beating a vast majority of "professional investors".
>>
>>1171451
hahahahah

>>1171445
studying finance is sell-your-soul-to-the-devil-teir. they get a high salary but they literally provide nothing of service to the other people, unlike a doctor
>>
>>1171454

ha I see so many hardworking business people making idiotic financial decisions.

Finance isn't just running hedge funds believe it or not
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (208KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
208KB, 1440x1080px
>>1171451
This.
>>
Not all people are ok with cutting people up.

In finance you risk money, or companies, or imaginary stuff basically.

As a doctor, you risk literally killing someone.

In finance, you can do your job half assedly and still get paid.

As a doctor, you are expected to be perfect at all times.
>>
>>1171470
Why does that even matter? If I'm a doctor and I know to put my shares in VTSAX, I don't give a fuck how financially illiterate other doctors are.
>>
>>1171459
>implying doctors give a shit about caring for other people
I can count all the med school guys I've met who care about others one both hands. Many of them are in it for the money, prestige, and because they're interested in the subject, not the people they're treating; I'd say that's barely a step above finance guys who are only in it for the money.
>provide nothing of service to the other people
This meme that "the finance industry is useless and bad" needs to die.
>>
>>1171507
I do agree that a finance major is unnecessary though. Work experience in the finance industry with a quantitative (anything from economics to mathematics) undergrad major will teach you enough, if you're clever, to be a better financier than someone with just a degree in finance.
>>
Graduation high school first, and you'll realize life isn't about making the most money. There's more factors to it. People like you probably think because a state has no state income tax, that it's cheaper to live in.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.