[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those of you with experience with starting a business, where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: scienceButt.png (66KB, 720x585px) Image search: [Google]
scienceButt.png
66KB, 720x585px
For those of you with experience with starting a business, where did you get your ideas? I've always thought you needed to be some genius inventor to start a business with a revolutionary idea.
>>
Just look at your daily activities or activities other people do and see how you can make something better, improve upon it or more efficient

That's how uber, gopro, airbnb seem to have been made
>>
You have to be irritated by stuff and a DIY guy.

I always look at how a service sucks and what I would do to make it better.

I develop websites so I know what is practical and what's not.

If you can't dev then you need money. I tried selling ideas to Colgate and they just stole one because I didnt have the 3 grand for a patent.

I really think being a good idea guy is being able to sit on your idea for a few months to see if it's still a good idea.
>>
>>1169559
Business are easy. Basically what it boils down to is selling goods or services. There are 5 basic ways to have a successful business.

>1.You have goods or services that other people want that nobody else sells (new invention/idea).
>2. You have goods or services that other people want that other people sell but you offer it cheaper or better (undercutting the market).
>3. You have goods or services that other people want that other people sell cheaper or better but you convince them yours is better (branding).
4. You have goods or services that other people want that other people sell but you find a way to sell it through a location or means that other people haven't (niche).
>5. You have goods or services that other people don't want but you convince them they do want it (marketing).
>>
>>1169591
This is a fantastic post. I started a mobile car repair business 4 years ago and regret nothing. It is definately #2 on your list because i can charge way less than brick and mortar shops. My overhead is so low with only fuel, tools, and insurance as my major costs.
>>
>>1169606
I completely agree, totally useful post
>>
>>1169606
Sounds like a pretty cool concept. What obstacles have you ran into? Great call in shaving your overhead and shop lease btw.
>>
>>1169631
Weather is sometimes a problem. And getting behind on time and having to reschedule/work later etc. But overall not many obsticles. Just kinda chug along and keep my schedule planned out a week or so ahead.
>>
>>1169669
Awesome. Great to have a fellow /biz/nessman here. Its encouraging to hear from other people who are successful. Have you ever thought about expanding?
>>
File: 20151221_121839.jpg (640KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20151221_121839.jpg
640KB, 2048x1152px
>>1169669
Heres what some cold rain work looks like
>>
>>1169676
I dont trust anyone else to work solo for me. Im comfortable with how im doing. I would like to do more car selling
>>
>>1169679
I have a canopy just like that from when I used to do swap meets.

>>1169680
I totally get it. If your business model isn't broke why fix it?
>>
I'm making a business and I fucking struggle with actually building it. I have the idea down, I know how it can work, how I can market it, and how it can be self-sustaining, but the amount of running around and backstepping I have been doing to get things going lately has really killed me. plus it's a technical service and I don't have my desktop pc up and running anymore so everything is through webclients on a chromebook so some things are more of a hassle than it needs to be.

however I am working on it, I am improving it, even during the construction I am finding ways to make it better, it is rolling and I have two clients even during the pre-built stage. once I can finish this I can really bring in the people. it's not going to be purely for money but the service it provides which makes me enjoy it a lot more.

I've been dilly dallying for an odd 4 months now, and I have a $800 bill coming in september, so I need to step on it a bit hehe
>>
>>1169745
Keep working at it. You will get there, man. Just don't get complacent. That's the easiest way to have your idea not come to fruition.
>>
>>1169584
>You have to be irritated by stuff and a DIY guy.
Definitely. But I think it helps to have a partner that is good at telling people what they want so you can actually sell your product.
>>
>>1169584
I agree, being an idea guy is easy though

It's creating the idea through every step and failure that's hard
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.