[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /biz/ I need some of your fatherly advice. I am in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: my life.jpg (52KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
my life.jpg
52KB, 650x366px
Alright /biz/ I need some of your fatherly advice.

I am in a bad situation at work and I just cant take it anymore. This situation has brought me so much undue stress and anger I LEGITIMATELY fear I am going to have a heart attack from it. Its not something I did, but I have to deal with the consequences of a decision i had no part in.

I have about 1.5k in savings that I can work with (Which is about 3months bills), and since I pay everything with a credit card, and then pay the card off at the end of the month, I theoretically could pay the minimum on my balance and have 2 more months of security.

If I quit, I can probably get a job at a local restaurant for a few months, but I feel that as a 26year old who left a company after three years that I am making a decision that will very negatively effect me.

What the fuck do I tell future employers?

What should I do? I am a grown man and it makes me want to cry. I feel like I HAVE to stay there at the cost of my own mental health and possibly physical health till I find a new job.
>>
>>1157735
kill yourself
>>
>>1157744
Who would take care of my dogs then?

If anything I just made the realization that I am asking a fucking Japanese image board for life advice and I should probably do something about the fact I am a baby back bitch
>>
> 26 year old
> grown man

just leave a two weeks notice and you're good with next employer
>>
>>1157735

holy fuck dude, quit and work at a bar or whatever for a while. no job on earth is worth killing yourself for it.
>>
>>1157762
If I give notice the best case scenario is that they fire me, and the worst case scenario is that they make my work environment such a horrible hellscape that I kill myself at my desk. I know FOR A FACT my boss will scream at me like I killed his kid for at least 2hrs straight, as I've seen it before.

Really I can handle that but I dont know how I'd explain my gap or my reason for leaving other than "I had a disagreement with my employer that we could not reconcile".

Feels like that is code for "I said fuck it"
>>
>>1157768
Give the notice, if he fires you right there no problem you gave a notice. If he screams at you walk out go get another job no big deal you were looking for a job when you found that one.
>>
>>1157735

Get some Xanax and chill out. You're probably making the situation worse with this kind of attitude.

If you were a nice, relaxed, cooperative guy how long would it take for this situation to clear up?
>>
>>1157735
Been there, done that.

Interview elsewhere and take a civil service test. Do it on the down low unless you want to see how long your savings will last sooner than later.

In the meantime, do everything you can to get involved in lots of projects at work. When you get an offer, just leave the old job on Friday and start the new one on Monday. Looking back on how you fucked your old employer will do wonders to relieve that stress you're feeling now.

Unless you're desperate, there is no reason to put up with a hostile crab bucket of a workplace.
>>
>>1157774
I don't know. This has been an on-going problem for months now, and even with a cooler head I have gotten nowhere, and when I present the problem it is twisted into being "my fault" even though everyone who isn't him will testify I just baring the past sins of the company. Only recently has it really gotten me upset/angry and then even more recently has it begun to manifest itself in the workplace.

I guess that my real issue is that I am afraid to do anything because I have zero fucking self confidence.

I am working on it. My biggest hurdle is that well, I am a fat fuck. When I started this job three years ago I was just kinda fat, but in these three years I must have been eating the stress away without ever really thinking about it.

I went from 6ft size 38 jeans/xl shirt to still 6ft 44 jeans xxl shirts. After this realization it broke me, and I am working on reversing this shit before I come of an age where this will be more than a superficial problem, but the hit to my confidence is staggering.

Its fucking crazy. I am huge now and somehow I never even fucking noticed it, even though somehow I fucking bought new clothes because my old ones stopped fitting.

I am afraid that I will never get hired because I am fat. The worst part is I KNOW this is a pretty silly fear. I am very aware of the fact it will cost me a few opportunities, and essentially because of first impressions I need to do better, but fat people get hired for office jobs ALL THE FUCKING TIME. WHY AM I SO SCARED?

Anyways writing this shit out has made me feel 100x better. It was theraputic. I think I will just take it say by day, and try and better myself physically and skill wise. If I have to put in my two weeks so be it. It would be the first job gap (except when I was in college) since I was 16, but maybe I should take control of my life.

Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>1157799
Good Luck anon
>>
>>1157735

>Why did you leave your last employer?
>I wanted to pursue a different path

That's it...

The only thing is you will probably not be able to use your old manager as a reference if you leave on bad terms.
>>
>>1157735
what is the problem at work? what do you do at work?

advice = secure a new job before you leave
>>
>>1157735

Uh.......

Apply to other jobs while you are working your current job. That's what everyone does you dolt.

I used to go out to my car during lunch break and take telephone interviews.
>>
>>1157799
>Obese
>Young
>Job Gap

Your literally unhirable mate. No one in their right mind is going to touch you with a 10 foot pole. Put down the fucking cheeseburgers first, or you will never get a job
>>
>>1157735
1.5k savings
Lol poorfag
>>
>>1158431
Welcome to the generation of "spend spend spend spend spend"
>>
>>1157735
bro move to alaska build a yurt or earthbag house. get a job here shoveling snow that pays 40 an hour. i did it my 40ft diameter yurt cost be 700 bucks to buld the 5 acres of land in salcha was 3000 bucks now i just forex trade and make tons of money because i never have to spend it+ i get to help my grandpa w stuff hes a fun grandpa. alaska is paradis and if u can work out alaska in the summer and hawaii in the winter your a made man. fuck the rat race bro
>>
>>1159047

is this a joke? can't quite tell lol. you trade forex from your yurt in the middle of nowhere?
>>
>>1159110
I donno but Alaska seems like the least comfy place on earth
>>
>>1159240
Dont be a bitch fatty
>>
File: dreamstime_m_16800829.jpg (832KB, 2081x1440px) Image search: [Google]
dreamstime_m_16800829.jpg
832KB, 2081x1440px
>>1157735
Job hopping is fine when you're young and 26 is relative young in your economic life.

We have this saying in the Balkans: "Dig a new well, don't spit in the old one." Apply for positions BEFORE you give your notice. Get hired first, then quit.

>But Anon, my mental state is such a rek that I can't dig myself out of the shit-pit to even start fixing my CV or looking for a job.

Get a short term motivation fix. Come to >>>/fit/, read the sticky; start lifting. You're fat anyway, so it will help you on more than one ground.

But remember, working a job you hate just to get by is a hostage situation; don't get comfy!
>>
>>1157735
Terrible situation OP. Im in a similar situation at my own work (Im an engineer at a large corporation, been here for 4 years, but the place is falling apart and management is taking out their problems on employees), and the best advice I can give you - start applying interviewing NOW, while you have a job.

Set yourself a final date. Say, by or on July 30th, 2016 you will leave, no matter what. Use this buffer of time to apply for other positions (it'll take 1-2m to hear callbacks), connect to recruiters, and SAVE UP. The best time to find a new, better job is when you already have one. So start looking, and stop stressing because you know you're gonna walk out on July 30th, now try to make the best of saving up and finding a better position. Personally I already had a few interviews, and Im waiting to see what the offers will be.
>>
>>1160313
I am already using the sticky.

>>1160321
Does it seriously take a month or longer to hear callbacks? Jesus christ
>>
>>1160631
Yes you impatient fuck
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.