[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Google >Facebook >Steam >Bitcoin Why are all these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

File: latest[1].jpg (61KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
61KB, 900x599px
>Google
>Facebook
>Steam
>Bitcoin

Why are all these so painfully obvious, yet you aren't a founder to any of those? Were you too young to think of any of these and take them up as a serious idea to execute?
>>
You know, I had an idea once...

It was a jump to conclusions mat.
>>
When youtube opened I made a website, just for gigles, that would gather every direct link to a music and have it organized by band, album, etc..

Every fucking time I open spotify I die a little inside.

I was 14/15 btw
>>
>Bitcoin
>obvious

Bitcoin solved unsolved problems in computer science (Byzantine generals) you dip
>>
>>1157625
oh wow that's gotta suck

Personally I made a game JUST like flappybird like 9 years ago. The only difference is in my game you were a helicopter and the obstacles weren't stolen from Mario, so I could've actually kept it up had I made it an app.

The guy who made flappybird was earning $50k A FUCKING DAY before he took it down due to copyright claims for the obstacles.
>>
>>1157638

i think flappy bird was pure luck, nothing to do with the game itself.
>>
>>1157630
>Bitcoin
>not obvious
Currency of 1s and 0s

>>1157625
>>1157638
>mfw
>>
>>1157642
>i think flappy bird was pure luck
I tell myself this also, it's easier to live with
>>
>>1157646
>Currency of 1s and 0s
u wot

there have been many virtual currencies. Bitcoin was the first peer to peer one that solved the unsolvable double spending problem.
>>
>>1157621
That... That's the worst idea I've ever heard
>>
>>1157667
that's details. you're ignoring the big picture
>>
>>1157646
like 90% of money is made of 1s and 0s
>>
>>1157673
So why haven't YOU come up with any of these ideas, big guy?

Or are you one of those people who says "look how easy it is I could've done that" yet never starts anything?
>>
>>1157679
>So why haven't YOU come up with any of these ideas, big guy?
Weird thing is I don't know. That's why I wanted to have this discussion with you all. Maybe find some closure for myself deep in my mind.
>>
>>1157618
I don't care about programming or computers
>>
>>1157696
Could have hired someone to do it for you.
>>
Wouldn't it be more productive if this conversation were about something that's obviously missing from everyday life? Or, more importantly, digital life?

Honestly, come up with some great augmented reality projects and you'll be well on your way.
>>
You've got to be a child if you think all you'd have to do is come up with one of these ideas for it to reach the success it has. All the Internet sensations mentioned with the expecting of flappy bird took a combination of expertise, business sense, and diligence to even get it off the ground. They rose in the midst of plenty of competition and outperformed it only to rise above the rest
>>
>>1157706
That's actually not true. Maybe back in the day it was different, but NOBODY, unless you have a doormat friend who can't say "no", would be willing to code your idea and give you the glory. Hell, if I were given a great idea by some random douche and told to put this grand scheme into code, I would Mark Zuckerberg the fuck out of that poor sap and create the same thing under my solo name.

If you want to do something tech-related, you better know basic programming.
>>
All those examples are still fairly complex to set up or at least logistically complex to run.
Personally I'm butthurt that I didn't invent Kickstarter or Patreon. Fuck those are genius. What's the overhead on that shit, like absolutely nothing.
>>
>>1157733
>I'm butthurt that I didn't invent Kickstarter or Patreon
Right there with ya, Anon. 5% fees for every single project that runs...god damn it's such an easy cash cow
>>
>>1157733
My problem (and most of the people's ITT) is that they couldn't execute the idea well. Kickstarter would only take off if you got serious exposure for it, which they had through venture capitalist backing and a team of pro website designers and programmers. "Inventing kickstarter" sounds much easier on paper and in retrospect.
>>
>>1157707
VR is a fad anyways.
>>
>>1157777
Nice quads but I think VR has a long way to go and a lot of potential.
>>
>>1157618
>Bitcoin
>obvious

Satoshi Nakamoto was a 1/1000000 genius, his invention was revolutionary and in no way "obvious".
>>
You're including yourself in this, OP. Unless you're the founder of one of those.
>>
>>1157781
kek maybe in 100 years

as of now it's a 3D movie tier fad
>>
>>1157673
Are you fucking kidding me
>>
>>1157618
I had a bunch of ideas that are now good products someone else made. I even could have made one happen before this Nima shit that detects gluten in food because my company's lab was optimizing the exact same test but for slightly different purposes.

All I have ever been missing is a team of people who are ambitious. I just started going to networking events so it shouldn't take too long to get going. Literally everybody in my life so far has just shit on my ideas and stressed me out with mundane problems like my wife worries about how often I buy flowers and my friends only talk about sports or current events. I read a lot but I'm scared as hell to try anything on my own. Also ideas are worth jack shit if you can't market them or make it a quality product or service. Hand massagers would be a huge thing right now if not for the fact that nobody can do it right yet, for example.
>>
>>1157618
Because executing is the hard part, not the idea part. That's why this board is full of permaNEET's.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 464x495px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 464x495px
Im going to be so pissed when I see one of these on QVC
>>
File: Great things can happen.jpg (102KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
Great things can happen.jpg
102KB, 500x469px
>>1157670
>>
File: montae.jpg (49KB, 563x582px) Image search: [Google]
montae.jpg
49KB, 563x582px
Google was made by experts on search. The page rank algorithm was anything but obvious.

Facebook had no original idea. It was literally just another social network at a time when myspace and friendster already had market dominance. Their success came from simply amazing execution.

The success of Steam was only possible due to CS being the most popular online game at the time. You couldn't have made steam without having an extremely popular game. The real question here is why Blizzard and EA took so long to see that.

>>1157713

Plenty of successful companies started that way actually. PayPal and Broadcast.com spring to mind.
>>
>>1157618
>Google
Was too young.

>Facebook
Myspace already existed, so I didn't think FB would take off like it did.

>Steam
Another DRM service for games. Didn't expect it to become so big. Still think it's overrated.

>Bitcoin
Didn't even think of the concept at all.
>>
>>1157795
>1945 + 71
>not knowing about Murphys law
>trolling this bad
>>
>>1157713
Actually it's more true today than ever.
The company I work for often gets their database software made by an outsourced contracts. Usually what happens is someone business savvy with no programming experience will get the contract, and use 70% of the money offered to subcontract a team of Indians to actually make the software.
Indians are good like this, they don't have a creative bone in their body, so they'll never come up with any good ideas, but they're great at following orders.
>>
>>1157795
Samsung, HTC, Google, Facebook, Valve and many other huge companies disagree with you're opinion.
Not to mention the masses of people that have actually used the current gen headsets screaming that the future is already here.
>>
>>1158036
You got me there. I've worked with a bunch of them and you are absolutely correct. Welp. Disregard my previous point. I suck cocks.
>>
>>1157848
he probably killed himself by now. he used to post a new retarded idea every week and hasn't been around for months.
>>
>>1157618
>Why are all these so painfully obvious, yet you aren't a founder to any of those?
Ideas are worthless, execution, implementation and marketing is everything.
Steam was not the first online game store, facebook was not the first social media. They became big, not because of the idea, but because the of timing, the execution and most importantly the marketing. (well probably timing is the most important, thats what the VC's says as well)
>>
>>1157638
>you were a helicopter and the obstacles weren't stolen from Mario,
Wait, are you talking about this? Played it a lot many years ago, when MSN was still the shit.
http://www.helicoptergame.net/
>>
>>1158040
VR will be big, but I dont think it will be because of the consumer demand.
Big demand for businesses and personnel training maybe, but I dont see it being that popular among the general population as a consumer product for a while.
Maybe it will be like the smart-phone, and have a blackberry company that will produce for a niche market, then some apple company comes and makes it a consumer hit.
>>
>>1158474
Facebook, Sony,HTC \ Valve, Google, have already invested and rumor is Apple has also.
>>
>>1157839
I am motivated to start a company, I just need individuals like me I wish I could play in competitive games with others ME until the team is full, this way I know there won't be any pesimistic fag that wants to surrender or quit at some bad moment inside the game.
I am what you are looking for
>>
>>1158474
>>1158474

there is no doubt VR will be huge. the applications go waaaay beyond gaming and entertainment.

hypothetical scenario:
>AD 2030
>you have a sweet gig at honda building ultra complex robot units
>put on vr goggles
>instructions about which tiny screw goes where are displayed ontop of what you actually see, in bright yellow, so there is zero chance of your dumbass self to fuck it up
>>
>>1158552
This actually sounds like a great idea anon and most likely will be implemented in the future, why don't you start working on it? I am in if you want
>>
>>1158561

It does, right? I'm sure if you pitched this to companies that build high end sports cars they would fund the shit out of it.

Wish I had the time and skills to work on it.
>>
>>1158611
I assume you need to know how to write code for the VR specifically so that it can output the test in your face when you wear that mask, and a good understanding of all the bad shit that could happen to your car which you could get from google or from a real mechanic.
Other things that may occur is if you try to make it for more cars, so that the VR can detect the car you are working with, but if you make it for only one car as a prototype, you may be able to do it. I just said everything that came to mind in the last 2 minutes or so if this, do you think it would work?
>>
>>1158637

I think nasa might be another really good application. Basically everywhere where high end tech items are manufactured that would require a ton of training. Iphone sweatshops for example wouldn't really present a good ROI for this technology, it's still a simple enough production process for the average vietnamese wageslave to read a flowchart of components and put it together correctly.

Anon I'm actually starting to become really interested in this. I just wonder how far you could go if you only have a conceptual-stage development idea and put it up on a neat slick website. Would that possibly be enough to get anyones interest? And how would you avoid other, more skilled and better funded people to take your idea and outmuscle you... I've always experienced the world of business as so cutthroat that it's barely worth any effort to get anything going unless you can achieve an end product and then target consumers directly. Anything else is just asking to get cucked by tech-sharks. But I might be wrong.

I do think any prototype would have to be aimed at a specific potential client. Could also secure you an exclusive contract which means a fuckton of $$$. I'm currently living in Germany so car manufacturers seemed like a good fit. Tbh yeah I think this might work. Get going anon, atleast one of us has to cash in on this, and it probably won't be me.
>>
>>1158467
me 2 I loved that game
it was a better time when casual games were just flash and they were all free and aggregated on shitty sites
>>
>>1158637
>>1158552
This shit your talking bout is not VR it's AR and every AR company lists this as the main benefit of their tech
>>
>>1157670
way to jump to conclusions there buddy
>>
>>1158780

aw fuck well there you go. a bit too obvious of an application for a lowly anon to be the first to come up with it.
>>
>>1157625
To be fair, I can think of a handful of other sites that did this exact same thing and never went anywhere. Same with Google and Facebook.

Steam was only successful because it had an established game dev behind it. Bitcoin is not something the average nerd would have thought of, or been capable of.
>>
>>1157848
Oh man Chip Warmer Guy, fugg.
>>
>>1158770
Just saw your message anon, we could get on this, we don't have anything to lose, and some programming experience and a thing or two know about cars if we don't make any money on it. I am still down for it and we could start with a Word sheet for the requirements we need.
I also have zero to know experience when it comes to all this shit but I have some other ideas, and we could start at any time or never.
>>1158803
We can still give it a try, I have another idea not, it's similar but not as big as before after that post.
>>
>>1157789
Nah it was obvious.
>internet money
>wow genius
>>
>>1157618
Bumpu
>>
>>1157618
The concepts are easy to come up with. However, execution is a different matter entirely.
And so is actually making it pay.
>>
>>1157618
None of those except Bitcoin were actually performing without competition. It's not about the idea, its about how you execute it and keep it running.
>>
File: 1444493529417.png (2MB, 1542x845px) Image search: [Google]
1444493529417.png
2MB, 1542x845px
>>1157618
People are too obsessed with ideas. It's the action that matters. Even if you have a viable idea, you will inevitably have competition.
>>
File: 0HV9iJM.jpg (54KB, 605x454px) Image search: [Google]
0HV9iJM.jpg
54KB, 605x454px
What do you guys think about ethers?

my friend recently pourchased a lot of em?

stupid or golden?
>>
>>1157618
>yahoo
>myspace
>gamespy
>bit gold
>>
>>1159432

You didn't think of these things, and you never will, as it's apparent you're a complete fool.
>>
>>1157618
because i only had the core idea of the business, not the 1000 other ideas and skills to apply them needed to support the company, gain traction and keep it ahead of competition
>>
>>1157646
>currency of 1s and 0s
Then why didn't you invent AlphaGo, Watson, or Deep Blue? Those are just made of 1s and 0s. Or how about GTA5, The Witcher, or Bloodborne? Those are just 1s and 0s.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.