[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you rather work at mcdonalds or be homeless. I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: ronald2.png (107KB, 338x317px) Image search: [Google]
ronald2.png
107KB, 338x317px
Would you rather work at mcdonalds or be homeless. I have fucking dignity ok
>>
Mcdonalds isn't even that bad

It's a fun place to work, really laid back
>>
>>1154807

what are you, retarded?
>>
>>1154819
Are you an embarrassed millionaire NEET?

McDonald's is one of the least demanding workplaces ever. The standard is so low that unless you literally jack off in the food you'll just be a regular employee.

Add in the fact that most people there are young(highschool/college students) and it results in one of the most chill workplaces possible.

Whatever tho, keep thinking you're "worth" $30/hr minimum despite having no skills
>>
what's with the ultimatum?

Get a job at Chipotle, they hire felons. At least there you would get paid sick leave. There are some other perks like free food that is not made out of cardboard. Also, Chipotle is better than Mac Damndolds

The job isn't that hard either, learn how to chop really fast. Then, learn how to make all of the recipes (tip is to make some at home).
>>
File: 1450717818574.png (250KB, 316x403px) Image search: [Google]
1450717818574.png
250KB, 316x403px
Im a McDonalds employee and believe me I want out. I've worked there for over a year and I'm sick of it. Hospitality is a shit show unless you're the one taking the order. Time for that nice retail job
>>
>>1154833
>That nice retail job

That's just grass is always greener mentality talking, anon.

You'll soon realize McDonald's wasn't so bad.
>>
>>1154840
Maybe you're right but my friend who used to work with me left to work at an electronics retailer and is now enjoying his job a lot more or maybe I just work at a really shit mcdonalds (5 people quit in one week a while ago) so yeah its definitely going down the toilet
>>
>>1154840
You are a fucking sick bastard, Get the fuck off of my board. Btw this is OP so get the fuck out
>>
>>1154806
>implying you have any dignity if you're homeless

You're a fucking retard OP.
>>
>>1154850
Have fun sucking ronald mcdonalds dick you fucking failure
>>
>>1154848
>>1154855
>These are the NEETs I argue with about economics
>>
>>1154806
>would you rather be annoyed 8 hours a day to be comfy 16 hours or uncomfy 24 hours a day

I DONT FUCKING KNOW.
>>
I would only work in fastfood if I was in a heavily white area/state.
>>
I live in MA so if I worked at McDonald's I'd be homeless anyways
>>
>>1154961
if people in NYC who work at mcdonalds aren't homeless, they sure as hell aren't in MA
>>
Option C: Get on the bux and live the comfy life
>>
if you had dignity you would already have a job you cock gobbler
>>
>>1154987
Except they are homeless. There's tens of thousands of working homeless in the USA, most in major cities.
>>
>>1154806
I'd honestly work at McDonalds.

Having almost any job (even at McD's) is better than being a NEET with a hs diploma.
>>
>>1154855
>have fun sucking someone litteraly named Ronald if you're homeless
>>
My first job was fast food. I liked everything but the customers.but customers everywhere sucks. I'd still be there if it paid better. I fucked most of my female coworkers. After word got out that I was sleeping with the boss I had to transfer to a second store a few miles away. Where I started to slow down because i married my boss from the first store.. Kept it to mostly flirting. I did end up fucking 2 of em though.
>>
>>1155031
Kekked
>>
McDonald's.

Now if you said Kmart/Sears, ID choose penny pinching and begging in NYC than SHC. Make more money per hour and treated better.

Fuck Kmart/Sears
>>
Whatever temporary outcome is better for your financial future.

Itd be best to pirate something like the cfa and do other types of self improvement, but get money if you need.

Btw due to gentrification, working at mcdonalds will make you homeless.

Buy a winter coat and a gym membership for hygene, so3nd the rest on food, get gov help for payibg for school
>>
>>1154987
The min wage in new york is higher dumbass. Also, most peasants work two jobs.
>>
>>1155014
This. Student here who works at mcdees. I'd say they're is an unessicary social stigma towards fast food considering it's no more glamorous than working retail our being a waiter. It pays the bills and is reliable, and like another anon said, it's mostly chill young folk.
>>
It really seems there's barely any other option for a student than to work at maccas or an equivalent.

Sucks shit but money in the bank.
>>
Yeah I'd rather be homeless

Anything is better than working for a living!
>>
>>1154806
why not both?
>>
honesty dont get the logic unless youre a teenager.

youd be so much better off starting as a dishwasher at any middling restaurant. it would be harder work for the same pay but if you stuck with it you can eventually move into cooking at the restaurant. make real food for better pay rather than support the plastic served at mickeydicks
>>
>>1154806
McDs isn't that bad of a job, and a job's a job.

Big companies have high turnover, so you literally just have to show up every day and not punch customers to keep your job.

Being homeless fucking sucks. You've evidently never been stuck with no money, no food, and nowhere to sleep.
>>
>>1154807
It was fun if you were back in highschool or early uni cause you would be surrounded by other young qts and could fool around and free food and go out after. I think once you go above 25 it would just be really weird
>>
>>1157155
This. I was 28 and worked for McDonald's for 2 weeks. They don't really give a shit about you, and I ended up failing the probation period because I didn't smile eagerly at one of the managers when he was condescendingly telling me to do something that I'd just finished doing. I didn't react negatively to him, I was fairly polite and professional, but nope, effectively fired because I'm not a cuck that jumps up and down smiling all happily.
>>
>>1154833
McDonald's isn't hospitality you poverty fuck lmao

>unless you're the one taking the order
I have anxiety and they made me cashier. I would've rather been a cook
>>
>>1157263
you should've slapped him

I worked at a McDonald's when I was 21. I got fired for beating up a rude customer
that job is demeaning enough as is without any added fuckery
>>
>>1154806
go to college.
>>
>>1155031
Under rated post 10/10
>>
>>1157274
>Violently assaulting a customer while working
>Thinks this is OK

I wonder where you're at now.
>>
I'd rather work at McDonald's than be homeless.

- homeless: I have no place to shower regularly, safely store my nice interview clothes, or get reliable peaceful/private use of a computer with Internet. Sure, I can sort of do these things (library computers, storing clothes at a friend's house, showering at Planet Fitness, etc.) but these locations are so spread out that I waste a lot of time and mental energy in overhead. Healthy food is harder to come by and also harder to store, driving up my stress from poor diet. Starting a business is extremely difficult even for someone who is relatively stable. As a homeless person it would be basically impossible. I could apply for jobs, but applying for jobs and scheduling interviews is extremely difficult because I have to go all over town to prepare, and if one of these components is unavailable (friend not home, gym closed, library computers offline), then my chances of doing well in the interview go down drastically. In the interview, if they know I'm unemployed and homeless, I'm basically fucked.

- McDonald's: I work at a stressful job that I don't like very much. I probably have to work two food service jobs to support myself. This is a big overhead in terms of time and stress. However, when I'm not at work, I can fill out applications and schedule job interviews at my leisure. I can do research/job training online. I can go out and network with people. In the interviews, I can talk about how I'm crushing it at two jobs. I can cite recent examples of my accomplishments at work. I can talk about my independent studies.

There isn't even a real comparison. McDonald's trumps homelessness.
>>
>>1157341
Incidentally, I've been wondering why employers want to only hire people who have a home address. One could argue that the homeless need a job even more than someone who has a home. It's actually discrimination and should be illegal.
>>
>>1157364
Why would an employer only want to hire someone with a home address? Simple. All the things I mentioned in >>1157341 about how hard it is to find a job also make showing up and doing that job every day harder.
>>
>>1156546
I live in a college town and the fast food employees here are ghetto black women in their 30's
>>
>>1154806
Former McDonald's employee here OP.
It was a nice gig. The money was shit but better than nothing. I cocked up all the time but I tried so I was liked. Overtime was easy and you're paid by the minute. A nice little earner, but not a long term thing. Only work here if you really have no other option or need a flexible job to go alongside studying.
>>
>>1157312
I work at a nursery
plant tending suits me
>>
>>1157312
for a while I was working at the 99cent store, which I didn't realize up until that point is essentially a discount grocery store with a lot of nice shoppers
I'd constantly ring up less than they had without telling them/I gave a kid a toy his mom didn't want to buy - I genuinely felt like I was doing a good thing. some people would notice and intentionally go in my line

overly rude customers though, will get hit
>>
>>1157405
It's just so fucking unfair, discriminatory, and inhumane to discriminate against the homeless.
>>
>>1157756
Well would you hire a homeless person?

They generally aren't very clean, reliable or presentable.

I'd only hire them to do dig ditches somewhere or something
>>
>>1157763
I would hire them. I'd ask them to go to a local gym before coming to work and shower. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove that they can either improve, or are a hopeless case.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.