[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you watching martin Shkreli's finance lessons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: cool.jpg (547KB, 283x424px) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
547KB, 283x424px
Why aren't you watching martin Shkreli's finance lessons? It's almost like you don't want to know how to properly invest and hopefully become wealthy.
>>
Hmmm let's see

>Extremely basic, yet he presents it in such a smug and condescending way
>Literally all his hedge funds went broke
>He went from $40mm in his broker account to $5mm
>Investing is for NEETs who think 2% higher returns per year on their <$10k than index investing is going to make them rich
>>
>>1153786
That's enough, Martin. There must be some better way to spend your time.
>>
Investing beyond the low cost index funds isn't worthwhile for regular people. The simplest advice is essentially as effective as something complicated which requires effort.
>>
>>1153800
This.

You'd be better off just earning more money. Even drastically impressive returns aren't much when applied to your pitiful NEET savings
>>
>>1153788
>Investing is for NEETs who think 2% higher returns per year on their <$10k than index investing is going to make them rich

I had some of my monies on index. 2014: +7,2% 2015: +1,88% (2016: -0,6%)
I said that fuck this and started to do things myself,, made a ~30% profit in last 3 months
>>
>>1153786
Stop shilling your shitty show, Martin.

Your "lessons" basically are just you showing off your 1337 excel hotkey skills and doing basic valuation of bluechip companies, over and over again.
>>
>>1153836
All while presenting it as some rare exquisite work
>>

>Investing is for NEETs who think knowing basic Java/Python will turn them into quants to develop robots who can predict the dip and get 10% net portifolio gain each and every day to make them rich

FTFY
>>
Hello

[math]\color{red}{\textsf{(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)}}[/math]
>>
>>1153946
good job
>>
Martin himself said the best use of your time isn't picking better stocks, but investing in career capital. Become top-notch in your area of expertise, whether it's programming, law, medicine, investing, etc. A layman trying to pick stocks is like a hedge fund manager suddenly trying to play professional football.
>>
>>1153819

>I said that fuck this and started to do things myself,, made a ~30% profit in last 3 months

What do you mean "did things by yourself"?

As in day traded or started a business or what?
>>
>>1153957
So he's encouraging people to pretend to know something about investing and just scam people by convincing them to pay fees to have their money "managed"?
>>
>>1153967
It's free though dad.
>>
>>1153960
stock trading,, it was just about buying some good stocks and selling them 2-12 weeks later.
(the minor market crash in february did help a lot)
>>
>>1153971
>>1153819
> 2014: +7,2% 2015: +1,88% (2016: -0,6%)
Those are normal returns for index investing. That's what you should expect in the long term.

> made a ~30% profit in last 3 months
and then you'll lose half of it the next year. In the long run, indexing will slowly grow your capital by compounding, while your method is always a couple bad trades away from being fucked for good.
If you don't have substantial capital and no means to acquire it, then yeah, gambling the way you do it might be the best way. However, if you're a professional looking to retire early, or just building wealth, then there's nothing worse than throwing money away by gambling on random individual picks.
>>
>>1153788

Don't forget the rest of it

>Tries to make himself out to be a poorfag that worked his way to the top, but in reality, he made all of his money off two insider trades that he is now being charged for fraud securities because of
>All of his hedge funds were literally ponzi schemes and they only got away with it due to the 2008 crash covering them up.
>All of the people who were working with him are being investigated fraud
>His lawyer is being charged with fraud
>Blocked a competing company from releasing a drug so that he could short their stock
>>
>>1154062
I mean... He's an entertaining guy and all. I enjoyed his streams for a while, but fuck man the Shkreli fanboys are worse than his haters.

Like OK bro you earned a lot of money very immorally and mostly illegally, that's fine I guess. But shit settle down you're not the next Thomas Edison, damn
>>
tl;dr how did Shkreli earn his money initially?
>>
>>1154073

I wouldn't have a problem with him if he didn't insult and ban anyone that points out that him showcasing his l337 numb pad skills in excel to "value companies" has nothing to do with how he made any of his money.

He's lost 40 million and he got rich off of insider trading, so what credibility do any of these lessons have, because he's not using what he's teaching.

The shit is just fucking useless and anyone who brings that up is mocked for being "too stupid to understand"
>>
The guy is made, more then I can say for any of you, myself included. He is one sad motherfucker tho, sitting in his apartment playing lol for hours at a time when he has all that money.
>>
>>1154111
I have thought up the idea of a new type of people, the NEET+1.

These are generally ex-neets who highly overvalue their skills and have sky-high expectations relative to their skills. They usually find some new figurehead or two who they believe to be the smartest people of all whom they listen to word-for-word, and thus think they are now the second smartest, after allmighty of course.

Then they exert this unwarranted self-confidence and look down on anyone else as inferior or "unenlightened" outside of their group.

That's mostly the shkreli audience.
>>
>>1154122
> sitting in his apartment playing lol for hours at a time when he has all that money.
What's wrong with that? What would you imagine as the pinnacle of life for a regular introverted guy who might like chemistry, finance and video games?
I imagine I would be doing exactly the same thing.
>>
>>1154132
What's the point? You can do that working a shit-tier job or on welfare.

You don't need millions for it
>>
>>1154137
> You can do that working a shit-tier job
There you mention the key point. Working a shit tier job. You essentially throw away 1/3 of your time on this earth. Personally, I come back from work tired as shit and don't even lift a finger, just make some food and idle on the internet until it's time for bed.
So not am I wasting my time on a shit job, it also saps my energy to do something afterwards. So it's way more than 33%, more like 50%. Another 33% for sleep.
So you only have like 10% where you're able to give your full energy to something you actually want to do.
The only way to be free is to be financially independent enough so you don't have to pursue things that make you miserable.
>>
>>1154132
>>1154137

People like Dan Bilzerian have greatly distorted what it looks like to be rich.

I personally know about six people, three couples, who are millionaires. All of them just watch TV and dothe same shit everyone one else does after they get off work.

The youngest of them are a couple about 30 and they will go out to a bar on the weekend, but that's about it.

I don't know any elite level wealthy people, buy Warren Buffet said he just likes to sit in his chair and read every night.
>>
>>1154170

I indirectly know one woman with a net worth of about £40m. She's middle aged, unattractive and rather lonely. She was a hedge fund manager and is now a film financier. She sometimes has extravagant parties but is otherwise just enjoying a normal level of fun.

Its really not the money itself, although it does improve things and give you POTENTIAL to have lots of fun. If you're empty on the inside and an unlikable loser then you're never going to be happy.
>>
>>1153788
Also
>the way he pronounces "finance"
>"probably best not to take advice from anyone worth less than $1b" t. ~$50mil net worth
>>
>>1154200

Anything from traveling to sitting at home playing video games or shit posting feels completely different when you are financially free
>>
>>1154239
when i say i'm hungry it usually means there's nothing there that i want to eat, when a kid that's in poverty says it it means there's nothing to eat. I wonder what a millionaire/billionaire feels he says " there's nothing to do".
>>
File: the fastle.png (60KB, 288x450px) Image search: [Google]
the fastle.png
60KB, 288x450px
>>1153789
Yeah, Martin. Why don't you poz up some neg asses so that you can make a profit on AIDS drugs?
>>
>>1154122
Normie get out rreeeee

He's not blowing tons of money on clubs, drink and looking like such fun wonderful guy

lol
>>
>>1154170
My folks are millionaires and they're super boring. 4 holidays a year but the rest of the time they're working.

And dad works from the time he takes a shit at 7 am to the time he goes to bed at 1 am. I don't think they're any happier than your average /diy tier welder
>>
File: 1451696624106.png (95KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1451696624106.png
95KB, 600x300px
>>1153786
Fuck off already ShrekShrak, I know its you, you're worse than Jeff.
Your time as a meme has run off, we've seen the 4chan tabs etc, stay anon and stop spamming about yourself.
How low do you have to go to seek approval from a mongolian keychain collection circle?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.