[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wahhh, someone took potato video of me naked. my bright career

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: Picture1.png (3MB, 2173x656px) Image search: [Google]
Picture1.png
3MB, 2173x656px
>wahhh, someone took potato video of me naked. my bright career i have painfully build up is ruined!
$55,000,000.00 award
>yes your honor, that 9 second dark blur has turned my life upside down. my sex life is over!
$115,000,000.00 awarded.

how do those people make sense of these numbers? how the hell do rich people gets away with everything? i swear to god the burden of payment will one way or another transfer all the way to tax payers.
>>
U mad
>>
>>1152359
yes, are you not? i guess if you have more than 100 million dollars it wouldn't mean much to you.
>>
Both were celebrity personalities who's entire career and earning potential is dependant on their image. Although your opinion of them may not be a negative as a result of their respective incidents, I can say with 100% certainty that you didn't care or contribute to their celebrity before.

Like it or not, some people get to be celebrities thanks to followings from really retarded people and really retarded things like nudity will tarnish their reputation to those people. Thus they have a right to be compensated for an estimate of that loss of reputation when it happens because of another party violating the law.

And the numbers are not arbitrary. They will be based on some projection, and although it could be overvalued, no one really has anyone of knowing the true cost because what's done is done.
>>
>>1152393
lmfao she openly admitted on the stand that her career took off after 2009 and a boss and her manager testified that there was no difference in the quality of her work. she is a mean, spoiled, lying cunt
>>
well Hulk actually has a case seeing as he was fired due to the "racist" language he used during the tape. It effectively ended his career.
>>
>>1152356
"Hey, take down the video of Hogan" - a Judge

"We won't" - Gawker.

A $115 million dollar mistake.
>>
Rich people aren't "getting away" with anything. It's proportional.

You make a sex tape of some accountant whose career is worth $50,000 annually, judge might award them $2 mil in damages. Why? Because if the sex tape ruined their career, it only ruined a $50,000/yr career.

But if a celebrity makes $10 million a year and you ruin their career do you think $2 mil is gonna cut it? You disrupted the earning potential of someone with a massively higher income, of course it's gonna cost more. What you're saying is tantamount to "how come if I hit a Honda Civic the driver sues me for $5000 but if I hit a Ferrari the driver sues me for $1 million?" Because something more expensive was ruined in one case. In the sex tape example, a more expensive career was ruined.
>>
>>1152427

this. also fuck gawker sideways.
>>
Happy for the hulkster

Hopefully this means that kotaku will be gone within months, or at least owned by someone who isn't a complete retard
>>
>>1152427
How were their careers ruined? Hogan makes millions and Erin is all over ABC TV plus endorsements.

I would argue there is no such thing as bad publicity if you are a celeb. (Jared Fogle, recently beaten in prison, is the exception.)

These awards will be overturned.
>>
>>1152638
>How were their careers ruined? Hogan makes millions
Hogan MADE millions. The WWE dropped him as did everybody else for the nigger comment in the video. As well as the fact that it was a sex tape. His career and endorsements are over. Probably forever. It's a pretty fair valuation in the grand scheme of things
>>
>release illegally obtained video for clicks on your website

>get sued

wahh

They had it coming, not like gawker releases anything worthwhile.
>>
>>1152393
A sensible person on /biz/.

Fucking rarity.
>>
Andrews sued because the hotel improperly told someone where she was staying, while Hulk got more money than he would have otherwise because Gawker deliberately ignored court orders telling them to take the video down.
>>
>>1152393
>celebrity personalities who's entire career and earning potential is dependant on their image
>celebrity career

Ha!
>>
>>1152647
Then he has no standing for the sextape judgement. He wasn't in his own home when the sextape was made. He didn't make his partner sign a contract that the matter wouldn't be recorded.

Reversed with prejudice.
>>
File: 1458191828751.jpg (48KB, 720x528px) Image search: [Google]
1458191828751.jpg
48KB, 720x528px
>>1152356
Fuck gawker. With the death of AJ america and gawker, 2016 is looking bright.
>>
>>1152900
he retains his right to reasonable privacy regardless. going to someone elses home doesnt mean they can lock me in a dungeon. i still retain my capacity as a private individual anytime im not explicitly voiding that capacity
>>
>>1152356
The Law Hawk could get these judgements reversed. Kim K is nearly a billionaire for having sex on tape.

Erin's decision is absurd.

Hogan's decision is absurd.

Both will be reversed or.....settled vastly lower.
>>
>>1152740
Hotels ALWAYS have a tipster who will tell paparrazi when a celebrity is staying at the hotel.

Could the hotel person who assisted the illicit videographer be thinking that he/she was helping papparzi, not a room image invader?

Case dismissed.
>>
yeah it's bullshit, so someone made $10 million years ago and is now entitled to make that much forever? If your reputation is ruined from shit you did that was exposed then why the fuck should someone give you millions of dollars? Just get a different job like everyone else. I've have shitheads run into my car and cause a mere $2k of damage and when I take them to court it is dismissed because the judge doesnt believe it even when its on video... SO fuck these people getting 100+ million of imaginary damages. I especially loathe the michael jordan lawsuit where he won millions because some steak advertisement congratulated him in an ad.
>>
>>1152356
>man who has been an all american icon for most of his life
>man who has made a living as an actor winning over crowds of fans
why is anyone surprised he can win over a jury?
>>
>muricaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>complaining about gawker being ripped a new one
top lel
>>
>>1152356
To be fair, Hulk is probably trying to destroy Gawker, a cancer we can live without.
>>
if you watch the sex video, its so blatantly obvious that hogan knew of the camera the whole time. it was so fucking staged.

>publicity stunt
>>
File: 1346346524501.gif (2MB, 202x152px) Image search: [Google]
1346346524501.gif
2MB, 202x152px
/biz/ hear me out, i got this great idea.
i will become a youtuber to gain celebrity status. next one of you take nudes of me like when i shower or something, and uploads it on youtube. then I will sue youtube for $10 million dollars arguing they have ruined my life. and we will split the profit 50/50.
>>
They are rich so they are worth more than us.

If some guy loses his life due to negligence his employer will rarely have to pay even $1M in compensation to the family
>>
>>1152425
Thats extremely good for them in terms of the hollywood celeb news scene. I hope they take it and get the fuck away from video games.
>>
>>1152913
>>1152900
>>1152647

man now i want to see a Phoenix Wright : Hogan edition

OBJECTION!
THIS ISNT HOGANS PENIS IN THE VIDEO
>>
File: OJsimpson.png (44KB, 510x384px) Image search: [Google]
OJsimpson.png
44KB, 510x384px
>>1153716
they already got some celebs in there.
>>
>>1152356
He proved that privacy is better than free press, right?

Important precedent. Maybe now the media will report on ACTUAL FUCKING NEWS now instead of celebrity sex scandals.
>>
>>1152638
Ok I will repeat exactly what you said in business terms let's say you own 5 business and they are all making profit now imagine a website makes you shut down one business. According to you it's not a big deal. However that's extr income you no longer have because a website violated your rights.
>>
i can't believe no one is outraged. do any you guys think 1 million dollars is so easy to earn like it is no big deal? those two are conning the system and everyone else is paying for it.
>>
>>1154895
>hose two are conning the system and everyone else is paying for it
How is 'everyone else' paying for it? They're suing private individuals and companies.
>>
>>1152356
Rich people can buy good lawyering, nothing to see here.
>>
>>1152427
All that would make sense if Hogan still has a career.

The man has been pushed out of wrestling after the ''nigger''-scandal and isn't relevant anymore. By relevant I mean not appearing in any reality tv-shows, other than potentially Celebrity Rehab.

The Hulkster truly hit the jackpot on this one, maybe he can pay off his debts now. Better yet, half goes to his ex wife.
>>
>>1153062
>lol why should i have to compensate you for damages that my illegal actions caused you?

are you serious?
>>
>>1154965
Like it or not, the man is an American icon and a household name. I'd wager many more people know the name Hulk Hogan than Michael Colin's from the moon mission.

Just because you personally don't follow him, doesn't mean he'd disappeared. I'm sure there's tons of juggalos and rednecks who still get a kick out of seeing him. Riding on the coattails of his celebrity is probably the ONLY way he knows how to make money, so that he was not living in a box is proof enough there was still people following him up until the incident.

As for losing said fans as a consequence of this but not saying nigger; committing adultery could mean something to a group of hyper religious mouth breathers, whereas saying nigger does not.
>>
>>1154965
>>1155174
You guys realize the nigger thing is from the sex tape, right? That's why this is a huge deal.
>>
new results are in,
Hogan just earned an additional Punitive damages of 25 million
now this retired WWE wrestler Wins 140 Million from a dark video.
>>
>>1156255
He is a real American
>>
Meanwhile in America..
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.