[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm two weeks into my first 'real' job and it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_moe8cbyuoK1sqxw6oo1_1280.jpg (191KB, 960x556px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_moe8cbyuoK1sqxw6oo1_1280.jpg
191KB, 960x556px
I'm two weeks into my first 'real' job and it's going good. I have no education so I'm not making a ton of money, which is why I came to this board to learn how to spend and save properly. I read the sticky, but there weren't any catch-all guides for that kind of thing. Any reading materials you can suggest?

my gross monthly income is about $2600

pic related I'm saving for a Pantera
>>
>>1152078
My suggestion is don't come to /biz/ for legitimate financial advince, because you'll just be told to invest in ETH or whatever flavor-of-the-month crypto is on the table.

/biz/ is dead, lad
>>
>>1152079
thanks for the honesty lol
>>
>tfw I have a degree and my gross monthly income is about $2200

god damn
>>
>>1152078
You shouldn't save for a Pantera.

Pay yourself first every month. Save minimum 10% of your income as a general rule.

Create a emergency fund of 5000$. When it's done, invest 10k into a SP500 ETF. After this, buy some BTC, ETH or whatever shitcoins shilled on /biz/ if you feel like it, it's risky money you can afford to lose, but for the sake of diversification and to have some volatily in your holdings. This can act as holding money that might go up and down, unlike holding it in your checking account.

To sum up, try to put minimum 10% into your investment portfolio SP500 ETF and the spare money as emergency funds. Make sure you always have around 500$ in your checking account all the time, so you can have a monthly expenses bill in advance.

Save later for a Pantera.
>>
>>1152110
You lost me at ETH.
>>
>>1152111
I'm not buying this ETH, but I have some bitcoinsn not for profit just holdings.

Going all-in into ETH without have savings is top retarded.
>>
>>1152111
I don't recommend buying shitcoins if you don't have money invested in the stock market, money on your bank account ready for whatever and a steady income.

When you do, try for fun, robinhood shit. Who cares.
>>
>>1152110
thank you
can you explain the difference between ETFs and Mutual Funds? Also I want to start chaining savings CDs, is that still viable
>>
>>1152138
If you live in the US, go for Vanguard funds. I took ETF because I don't have Vanguard in my country.
>>
Forget about the fucking stock market or shitcoins, buy Bitcoin. Every dollar not spent into Bitcoin, is every dollar lost not spent into the most importan network on human history. Buying BTC: buying parcels of terrain in the most fucking important network on the fucking planet.

Owning 21 BTC should be mandatory for anyone under 30 years old and a functional brain in 2016.
>>
BTW: That car you want looks like a waste of money that would break and need tons of expensive repairs. Unless you have a steady high income or are born rich, you are wasting your time.
>>
>>1152078
Mr Money Moustache and early retirement extreme are both pretty good guides.
>>
>>1152079

I just came to /biz/ but I assume that it's like any other board, and you should take any advice with a grain of salt.
This is the first I've heard of "Eth" and the advice on bitcoins in general and it stank of meme immediately, despite me being totally ignorant of investment and finance in general. I'm assuming this is a place where you go to look for advice to research yourself to make sure it's not retarded. If it's anything like every other 4chan board I visit it's filled with cynics and idiots with a dash of knowledgeable people who actually know what they're talking about.
>>
>>1154089
So youre telling us that btc price will rise soon?
>>
>>1155561
>the advice on bitcoins in general and it stank of meme immediately

You'll go far with that attitude.

>>1152078
> Actually earning money
Don't buy useless crap you don't need. Save up for stuff rather than financing it. Don't eat the absolute cheapest shit because that'll make you fat, but don't eat the fancy crap either because it'll make you poor. Don't eat out constantly, because it's expensive as fuck.
For saving, get a savings account as a starter. That's what they're for. Low return, but it's guaranteed.

Don't invest in memecoins. It's all a big pump-and-dump scam being run by someone, or someone's planning to take the money and run.
If you work for a large company (which, being your 'first real job' it probably is), see if they have a scheme where you can buy shares in the company out of your paycheck. Here in britain, they do that as a way to help you dodge income tax (you buy it from your pre-tax paycheck), and for them to claw back some of the money they pay you and keep it for a while. You'll earn dividends on the shares year on year, so it's probably marketed as a savings scheme.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.