[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got $50,000 in cash through the mail from localbitcoins, today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (46KB, 325x407px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 325x407px
I got $50,000 in cash through the mail from localbitcoins, today the package came, and the "mailman" was a guy in a plaid shirt driving a lexus, should I be afraid?

Whenever he came to the door, he said "post office".

He said "is this xxx", I said yeah, and he said ok, are you expecting and more packages, I said no, and he said alright here you go and handed me them over.

Is this normal? Does the post office normally hire non post office people to deliver packages? Am I being watched right now?
>>
>>1148331
did you have to sign for it? if so it was a controlled delivery
>>
>>1148334
how would it be a controlled delivery? there is no drugs in it
>>
>>1148348
Tax evasion
>>
>>1148331
Depends. Some mailmen who work for USPS drive plain unmarked cars. Its possible. Lexus? Thats a little odd. He also could have just been a courier. I wouldn't have sent $50,000 in cash through the mail, I would have used a courier company.
>>
>>1148374
Also if it was a controlled delivery they would have been less obvious about it. They would have either had a real USPS worker deliver it or someone from Fedex/Ups or at least looked the part.
>>
>>1148381
And wouldn't he have been arrested already
>>
>>1148331
he is probably a rural carrier, they have no dress code and often drive their own unmarked cars.
>>
>>1148331
probably a private courier.

if the police were setting you up they would make an effort to look like the post office.
>>
They used a courier service maybe?
>>
>>1148390
Possibly. At the very least they would have asked questions and had a search warrant present. They need you to acknowledge that you knew the contents of the delivery in order to build a case against you.
>>
>>1148331
The guy giving you $50k cash wouldn't risk it "getting lost" by using a formal postal service.

He probably paid some guy to give it to you by hand, saying "post office" is an easy way to get you to the door.
>>
did it have a usps tracking # or what did the box say
>>
>>1148331
They do use private couriers sometimes especially if it's priority express. I've had sunday priority express envelopes get delivered by random cars. Dudes usually got a uniform though...
>>
It sounds like secret service. Those bills are probably marked with smart water. better burn the lot.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.