[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm studying economics and math. But why am I having such

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1458178680295.png (540KB, 673x637px) Image search: [Google]
1458178680295.png
540KB, 673x637px
I'm studying economics and math. But why am I having such a fucking difficult time with econometrics? Honestly, what the fuck. Fuck statistics.
>>
>>1148124
>studying a pseudoscience
>>
>>1148124
How the fuck is that even possible?
Econometrics is dumbed down to accomodate economics majors
>>
>>1148333
Doesnt really matter. Bright econ students usually make waaaay more than bright science students.
>>
>>1148417
>being okay with producing unfactual propaganda
>>
>>1148124
I have no advice for you. You're simply going to have to study your ass off.
>>
>>1148124

This >>1148367 Any undergrad who "studies math" could do it.

Hell most stat majors could jump right in.
>>
>>1148367
kek'd
>>
>>1148124

Econometrics was a fuck for me as well. I was so pissed when I took that class because I had a brand new grad student professor straight from Japan.

I could not honestly understand half the shit he said or pointed out while talking.

Half the class fucked around the entire time and after the first exam came around 60% of the class dropped it. I did soon after and got into a business related class that was similar to Econometrics. This class was taught by a middle aged white lady with much better programs.
>>
>>1148124
I feel ya, studying for my econometrics final in less than 24 hours. Professor makes this shit way too unnecessarily abstract, he teaches it to people who want get their phd when 90% of the class just wants to gtfo and work for goldman or some hedge fund...
>>
>>1148913
>>1148981
>>1148124

>tfw taking intermediate micro and i can barely survive

which would you say is easier?
>>
econ major here, took econometrics last semeter, what are you having issues with?

what regressions are you learning? OLS?
>>
File: statz.png (24KB, 1382x135px) Image search: [Google]
statz.png
24KB, 1382x135px
>>1148990
yea ols mostly, some IV, i think this is just about probability distributions of some random variable W. Honestly no idea where to even start
>>
>>1148124
It's really useful to know if you are getting higher education. I took a year of it was great and one of the most useful things I learned as an undergrad.
>>
>>1148417
>the dozens of bright econ students make waaaay more than the millions of bright science students.

It's ok to be retarded because some are good at making a ball move in a certain direction and make millions.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.