[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so hard to make money and get anywhere in Australia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: AustralianFlag.jpg (180KB, 2254x1861px) Image search: [Google]
AustralianFlag.jpg
180KB, 2254x1861px
Why is it so hard to make money and get anywhere in Australia?

I feel like I can't get anywhere.

The only people I see really "making it" are "power couples" who both earn $100k each. It's so hard to actually progress in this country on much less than that, the cost of living is just too damn high where all the jobs are.
>>
The problem is we were a resource-based economy, and when the resource demand went away we did't have another industry to pick up the slack

Turnbull is attempting to transition us into an innovative, tech and service based economy (the ideas boom), and there are actually some decent policies there, but it's going to be slow

From what I can tell the whole economy right now is dependent on construction of new homes to meet demand from Chinese investors, maybe it would be easier to find a job in or adjacent to the construction sector
>>
I hear you OP.

I might have a sweeter deal than most people, but coming from a poor background, I am aware how tough it might be if my industry ran out of steam(and it is running out of steam).

My idea is to just keep networking with fellow aussies and try to keep on the move.

That said I am looking for a mentor.

Anyone up for it?
>>
>>1146766
step one live in a shit motel for a couple years. I see mofockers here paying $2000 a month to rent a full size house and still expect to make it...lol. Step two dont have kids til your 30. I mean the reasons shoukd be obvious. Those are the two major ones gl
>>
>>1146937
Feels like the only way out of this bind is to just crash the economy and start over.
>>
>>1147293
Aren't those things like $70 a day?
>>
What do you define as "making it" OP?

Just because someone's on a high income doesn't necessarily mean they've made it. A majority of Australians are shit at managing their money.
>>
>>1147293
So many single teen mums eatin up dem centalinkz. Haha good financial start to your life fuckhead
>>
>>1147303

It's not. Stop being an entitled fuck who wants everyone else better than him to fail.
>>
Silly fucks should of got a trade job and enjoyed being paid $50-$100 an hour choosing your hours and doing fuck all like me.

The continual drop out rate and fall of apprenticeship rate is only making the market and what we can get away with charging worse every year.
>>
1. become a plumber and live in sydney
2. earn $120 an hour while getting way more jobs than you can handle
3. ???
4. profit
>>
Stop your whinging like a sook and just be smart with your money. You cant save money and, go to bali, drink piss at the club weekly, eat lunch every day at a pub. Your delusional, you cant have it all, remove the people in your life that tell you can. If being rich was easy everyone would be.

Doesnt matter if you make 500 a week or 3500 a week. LIVE.WITHIN.YOUR.MEANS.
>>
>>1147442
>shovel shit for 40 years
>>
>>1147466
That is NOT what plumbers do...

Also, it's pretty fun work. Getting some exercise, moving around lots, pretty relaxed.

Only real downside is dealing with shitty clients.
>>
>>1147426

Sure, until Long Dong and his 457 visa buddies take the leaky boat to do your job (Shitly - granted) for literal 8 dollars an hour. Residential markets are handing over work. When 9/10 people you talk to only ever have the financial plan of "Buy a house and rent it out" and they start seeing the savings made from chinese slave labour, you can kiss your wage goodbye. Commercial is even worse. In my city all the major contracts have vanished because for the prices the 457s are quoting, they can't resist despite the poor quality.

First post
>>
>>1147374
How else are we to resolve:

An inflated housing bubble
Low global demand for resources
A superannuation system dependent on a healthy stockmarket
Hollowed out manufacturing base
High welfare burden
>>
>>1147303
with no survivors !
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.