[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of jobs out there require consistent travel? No idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: up-in-the-air[1].jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
up-in-the-air[1].jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
What kind of jobs out there require consistent travel?

No idea if it's for me or not, but I'm curious who the people are racking up millions of frequent flier miles and living in airports and hotels. There seems to be a lot of them, just no idea what they do.
>>
>>1144960
footballers
drug mules
>>
>>1144960

> no idea if it's for me or not.

It's not. Traveling constantly sucks.

I can't think of any redeeming feature. You don't even get to enjoy the places you go to because you are just there to work and then leave.
>>
>>1144960
>Management Consulting.
I used to travel M-Th every week. Enjoyed the travel perks, but shit money desu senpai. Would only go back if I could come in as a partener.
>>
>>1144960
Auditors.
>>
I just make all my money online through various means. Allowing me to live in different places, many of which are much, much cheaper and warmer than my home country.

kind of baffles me that most people haven't worked out this is an option.
>>
My gfs dads company in china mediates manufacturing between chinese companies and geman companies whos machines they use. He travels back and forth to china and ger for about 2 months then comes home for 2 weeks to a month. Apparently he used to rarely come home, pretty shitty for family like but hes also rich
>>
>>1145221
is this like house of lies
>>
>>1145249

>kind of baffles me that most people haven't worked out this is an option.

People generally don't want to leave home, friends and family.
>>
Redditors
>>
sales engineer
regional sales manager
>>
Auditors.
Salesmen.
IT Systems for Corporate.
EPA Clerks.
>>
>>1145249
>various means
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>1144960
Gypsy
>>
>>1144993
>>1145880
Still there's a matter of personal preference.
I've seen people complaining about traveling around all the time, but the few times where I've had to travel because of work are the only times I've ever gotten to leave my continent and see the world.
>>
>>1145894
>regional sales manager
national would be better. I was a regional (New England) and spent most of my time in a car.

switched to national and got to go plenty of new places but as >>1144993 said, traveling these days suck.

First, the planes suck. no room and crowded
Second, airports suck. Hurry up and wait.
Third, if you're traveling for business, you have to leave early so you have a decent amount of time on the day you arrive. You leave late so you have a full day. If you do appointments right, you're busy 8-8, leaving no time for seeing sights.

I would only travel for a 50% increase in pay and have turned down jobs requiring travel.
>>
>>1145221
Consulting's shit money? First I heard that
Do you mean smaller firms or in general?
>>
>>1146195
Big firm. Partners get paid really well. The CAL of one of our big tech accounts was making 2 million per year before bonuses. Analyst/Consultant pay is dogshit.
>>
>>1144960
My mother is a project management consultant and she is on site mon-thurs. She travels all over the U.S. She seems to enjoy it and turned down a more lucrative job at Google, one of the reasons is that it was a stationary job.

She traveled to Singapore frequently when she worked at HP but I don't think she really enjoyed being out of the country for so long.
>>
>>1145880
Nobody says you can't go back to see friends and family, the point is to adopt a location independent lifestyle. In this day and age physical location is getting more and more irrelevant.
>>
File: scarface.jpg (96KB, 529x523px) Image search: [Google]
scarface.jpg
96KB, 529x523px
flight attendants
>>
My girlfriend's Dad travels a lot for his work. He works in statistics, specifically in standardized testing development, and he says it used to be alright years ago when it was all over the world, and he'd get a day off between meetings and what not, but these days it's almost always to India, fly in, meetings next morning to night, repeat for a few days, then fly back out, and even if there was time to go out and see things, it's usually in Inidan summer, so he just stays in the hotel room bathing in his own sweat.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.