[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ETH is a memecoin 1) In order to get Eth, you need BTC.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1457805776447.png (156KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457805776447.png
156KB, 720x720px
>ETH is a memecoin

1) In order to get Eth, you need BTC.

As an 'outsider', I look at this as a classic, yet very basic, marketing-tactic for BTC. I've seen that Eth will be able to get by other payment forms in the future, but when will this be? If anyone could clear that up, it might help to better understand Eth's possibilities and eliminate the idea that it's been called to live to pump up BTC.

2) Eth is a complete mystery (to newbies).

I still can't wrap my head around this, but putting some autistic feller on stage 'trying to explain' what Eth is, was the worst mistake - ever. This gives me two conclusions;

- It's not their first and most definitely not their last (huge) mistake.
- They have no idea how to market their coin/platform - which is worrying to say the least.

To me, the only logical outcome when I combine 1) + 2) = disaster for Eth (it won't reach the masses this way) and it's actually possible (according to the above assumptions) that this is basically a thing to pump up BTC.

If you understand the above, do you agree that Eth is simply made to pump up BTC or not? Please elaborate your answers and have this sorted out, once and for all.
>>
>>1144321
I agree with most of what you posted. Eth is definitely a memecoin. It was not made to pump up BTC though. BTC was created to pump BTC. Eth was created to pump n dump Eth.
>>
>>1144346
i always hear its a meme coin, can you explain why this is the case?
>>
Stop posting you autistic feller faggot from Fin Land. Your questions don't help anyone when they are at this low of a comprehension level.
>>
>>1144321
>1) In order to get Eth, you need BTC.

What is kraken idiot

>meme coin
Meme that made millions for some.

What a meme it is
>>
>>1144361
Just don't bother posting next time, autist.

>>1144369
Yeah good point, my point 1) is invalid.

The rest however, speaks for itself. Thus you can't fight my findings.

Freaking gaylord.
>>
>>1144346
thought so you couldnt answer it no coiner
>>
I specifically bought ETH because I could buy straight ETH with CAD on Kraken.

I wanted to avoid giving the BTC bag holders any more of my liquidity.
>>
IF (big if) eth gets real world traction will btc tank to, like, 50$? or will it stay more or less on the same level just because of much bigger amounts of money in crypto in general?
>>
>>1144551
I think btc is here to stay. I think in a few years there will be more attacks on smaller coins which will shut down the altcoin game.

Crypto will grow much bigger as it draws in more skilled developers.
>>
>>1144551
Core vs Classic man, enough said.
>>
>>1144563
stay and do what?
only difference between doge and btc right now is that btc is being really used for something apart from speculation(drugs or whatever)

IF eth will be used in ubers of this world it will have market cap in trillions and btc will be just another dogecoin
>>
>>1144585
Btc is extremely useful because compared to other cryptos it is widely exchanged for fiat money.

ETH will be used for more trustless and decentralised apps.

Btc and ETH can live together. Obviously as time goes on more people will buy and sell ETH direct for fiat.
>>
File: ETHredpill2.png (202KB, 1104x876px) Image search: [Google]
ETHredpill2.png
202KB, 1104x876px
>>1144351
It's basically shit. I love when casuals get excited about "muh Bitcoin 2.0" every once in a while so I can make some extra BTC off them tho.
>>
>>1144627
You're a bitter old fag. You sound like a nocoiner to us.
>>
File: wheatley1.jpg (31KB, 564x317px) Image search: [Google]
wheatley1.jpg
31KB, 564x317px
>>1144321
>1) In order to get Eth, you need BTC.
>As an 'outsider', I look at this as a classic, yet very basic, marketing-tactic for BTC.
>>
>>1144627
If it was worthless, it's market cap would be 0 like other alt coins.

Your post is pretty much
>hur dur bitcoin is better because it doesn't use a platform that can get hacked

Never mind that bitcoin in it's early stages was vulnerable on exchanges. The ethereum platform might apps on it that have zero days but I don't see how the platform itself would, it's not like you could get inifinite eth out of it. Worst case scenario some of the crypto currency and exchanges developed on ethereum could pocket your crypto.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.