[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>not driving a luxury car How do you expect people to respect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 20

File: bmw_5[1].jpg (212KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
bmw_5[1].jpg
212KB, 1200x800px
>not driving a luxury car

How do you expect people to respect you if you don't have a nice car?
>>
>not putting your car on your resume
>>
i own a luxury car and not only do i sleep in my car, i basically never leave my car. that way there is no risk of anyone seeing me without seeing my car at the same time. that will make sure they see me as the winner i am.
>>
>BMW

>Wanting people to think you're a tosser

lmao
>>
>>1144212

>I park in the back
>>
>wanting respect from the everyday shills out in public

its time to leave high school, fuckwad.

>luxury
>posts bmw

lol. the "im not really rich, but am middle class and trying to look rich" car.

dipshit.exe
>>
Baby's first bait thread

So cute
>>
File: asset-lifecycle-2015-08-04.png (102KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
asset-lifecycle-2015-08-04.png
102KB, 399x388px
>>1144212
Hi poor guy that spends half of what you have on the car.
-
On the last 2 years I was able to buy a new €50k car.
Instead I invested them in 8 new companies. 5 of them failed but the other 3 now increased by incomes by 125%.
My assets are good and I feel good even without a car.
(By the way, I live in Europe (expecialy in Luxembourg), and here not owning a car isn't that weird as I saw on US
>>
>>1144212
I own a b200, what about you?
>>
>>1144212
>How do you expect people to respect you if you don't have a nice car?
Because I have a good looking face and am tall.
>>
>>1144320
>Because I have a good looking face and am tall.
gratz man I am tall but ugly well 1/2 isnt that bad tho
>>
>>1144212
When the riots start, the engraged Bernie bro hipster faggots will target cars like yours.
>>
I'm 18 and own a BMW 3 series. NEXT
>>
>>1144339
wat u do 4 money m8
>>
>>1144341
>1 new post
Well probably should mention that the 3 series is a few years old, so it's not a huge amount, but mainly I do some meme trading n ebay. Is enough to get by whilst still in school.
>>
>>1144212
I drive a Honda CRV I bought used. It's an ugly ass car but reliable. I'm saving up for a bike.
>>
>>1144212
Why the fuck should I waste money to get respect from random people on the streets?
>>
>>1144406
Because that gets you laid with hotties dumb dumb
>>
>>1144212
>buying something that has a 20% depreciation rate
stay broke pleb
>>
>>1144415
>Because that gets you laid with harpies after your money
>>
>>1144212
>BMW
>Luxury car

Listen carefully OP, pick one and just one.
>>
>>1144430
all hot bitches are after money, deal with it.

good car is part of alpha male package, pleb
>>
>>1144334
this, if the shtf anyone with a whip over 40,000 will be killed fast
>>
>BMW
op is a black or kebab
>>
Honestly, if you're not driving a supercar or a rusty old beater, no one really gives a shit about what car you have. Do you remember the last time you saw a beamer and thought "wow this man has this life thing all figured out"?
>>
I learned a long time ago not to judge someones net worth by the car they drive.

Autos are a depreciating asset.
>>
I already do tho.

I drive a Porsche 911 that was stolen by a couple nigras and hotwired.
>>
>>1144872
This. I've seen multimillionaire businessmen drive old beat up chevy vans before. I respected that more than if he was driving a lambo. Sometimes money means not having to give a fuck what other people think.
>>
>>1144486
the late 20s girls in 7 series and S classes always get me thinking.

I'll probably pick up a 4-5 y/o used lexus ls460 for Mid 20's for my next serious chick.
>>
>>1144898
This.

Good luck driving a Ferrari on 90% of roads in the world. It'll be visiting the shop for several thousand dollar repairs weekly.
>>
File: beauf-ford.jpg (60KB, 680x705px) Image search: [Google]
beauf-ford.jpg
60KB, 680x705px
>I own a nice car
>because I'm alpha
>when I'm in public, I play with my keys or leave them on the table, so everyone sees what type of car I have
>people respect me
>I do the same with my over-priced phone
>I'm sure people respect me
>when I hit 50, regardless of my wealth I will wear too much gold, because looking like a gypsy is alpha
>please respect me
>Watching sports is an intellectual activity
>I-I-I'm s-so alpha, right guys?
>>
>>1144212
please tell me this is a joke...i have friends that drive F-150s with wealth that would blow your mind. you are a turd.
>>
>>1144885
thats not a bad plan bro.
>>
>>1144212
Sensible people buy exotics or sports cars with low depreciation. A WRX STi for example goes from $35k to 25k over 7-8 years, while an 8 year old 3 Series is worth less than a new Honda Fit. You'll never find a $15,000 Lotus Elise in good condition. The amount of 10-12 year old S550s sold for 10% of initial price is laughable.

Stay poor my man. Another option is putting that silly BMW badge on a Honda and pocketing the 20k difference.
>>
I drive a Volvo because my dad is a volvo mechanic, and the older version I'm driving right now is fairly reliable for a European car.
>>
>>1144212
>driving anything besides a miata
You have no excuse. It's an extremely cheap, convertible sports car that's very reliable and costs barely anything to maintain.
>>
>>1145281
It's kind of stupid to make these statements.

People value things differently than you do, thats the entire point of life. Some people spend money on cars, some people spend money on sports equipment, some people spend money on their looks, and some people spend their free time browsing 4chan (the dumbest option of the above, by far).

Honestly, thats how business works though and the fact that you don't understand that shows your inexperience with the real world. Not everyone who sells luxury cars enjoys them, but you bet your ass they try their best in selling them. Just like how not every guy who sells diamonds would be happy buying a huge rock for his wife, but he sure as hell can talk them up. It's not about injecting your own personal opinion on the value of goods, but rather objectively looking at what the market wants; to view it your way is childish at best and extremely ignorant at worst
>>
File: 857131_d6a875659f_low_res.jpg (88KB, 790x593px) Image search: [Google]
857131_d6a875659f_low_res.jpg
88KB, 790x593px
>>1144212
Is this a nice car?
>>
>>1145302
>american
Maybe if you like making loud noises while you slowly accelerate in a straight line
>>
File: beaut.jpg (23KB, 433x225px) Image search: [Google]
beaut.jpg
23KB, 433x225px
Is this a nice car? You bet your ass it is, look at that fucking thing. I don't want a miata, I want that.

Is that wrong?
>>
>>1145320
Maybe if you're pushing 50 years old, but if you actually want to enjoy driving your car, handling is important too. That boat will not handle well.
>>
>>1144212

>make $80K/yr
>drive 98 Toyota Corolla
>only spend on fluids, tyres and fuel

Hoping it lasts me another 5+ years.
>>
>>1145302
No, it's the

>I can't afford a luxury vehicle, but girls, take a look at this edgy design, it's still cool, right, r-r-right??...guys???

car
>>
>>1144212
define luxury

If you drive an Audi A4 / Mercedes CLA or C-Class / or BMW 3 series; your basically indistinguishable from a normie irresponsible poorwith money brokeboi faggot. Literally nobody cares you spent more money for a marginally better vehicle with more costs down the line. Your basically a wannna b rich tryhard fag :>)

If you bought an S-Class, BMW 6-7 series, or Audi a8, than you appear like a successful individual with refined taste who is most likely high test and better all these poorfag normies
>>
owning a BMW is a great way to let people know you're a tool

studies have shown they're the rudest and worst drivers
>>
>>1144212
Im 20 and I own a Mercedesm M-Class luxury SUV.
/thread
>>
>>1144486
>Honestly, if you're not driving a supercar or a rusty old beater, no one really gives a shit about what car you have. Do you remember the last time you saw a beamer and thought "wow this man has this life thing all figured out"?

This! "All our nothing" theory at best.

This is why I don't buy a car.

What will a middle class "luxury" vehicle do for me exactly?

Let's see:

1) Will it stand out?
NOPE! Because every construction worker who doesn't know jack shit about money management can get a fresh or nearly fresh bimmer on credit.

2) Will it pull chicks?
NOPE!

3) Is it a good investment?
NOPE NOPE NOPE! Loses its value in a few years and everyone is driving them from second market.

4) Buying a used "luxury" car?
What is the fucking point? Everyone is driving them.

So, in order to truly "stand out" or use car to an advantage it should be a car that few people even see in their lifetimes.

My country is poor as fuck. Maybe 2-3 people in my country have a Lamborghini.

So once I am able to afford that, that is what I'm going to buy.

Lambo will:

1) STAND THE FUCK OUT!

2) Pull chicks like crazy (social experiments confirm this)

3) As an investment, it is better than one of those fresh new Bimmers, at least it will ALWAYS be a luxury car,it will ALWAYS be cool, it will ALWAYS stand out. Simply the words "I drive a Lambo" and the keys on the table are enough to leave a lasting impression.

4) Used supercars are fine, too, since all of them have unique, cool design and people don't really differentiate the models.

Instead of Lambo, it can also be a Rolls Royce, Bugatti, Ferrarri, Audi R8 or other of the top of the line supercars. But even Bentley is not enough to make the cut, because used one costs as much as a fresh Bimmer and I've seen quite a few in my city (not standing out enough).

Also, if you have to think of buying a car in terms of buying an "investment", then you are too poor.
>>
>>1145345
Correction:
>Daddy owns it.
>>
>>1145348
Its not brand new, its a 2005 model
>>
File: maximum tipping.gif (2MB, 383x576px) Image search: [Google]
maximum tipping.gif
2MB, 383x576px
>>1145347
>>
>there are people browsing this thread right now that don't drive the official car of /biz/
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>1145345
>Mercedesm M-Class

Are you a 42 year old upper middle class housewife who needs to take her kids to and from little league, but also wants to show off to Carol and Jen regarding your husbands new promotion? Why do you drive such a fucking stupid car?
>>
File: IMG_20151229_013926.jpg (445KB, 1373x1030px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151229_013926.jpg
445KB, 1373x1030px
Some of the wealthiest people I know drive some pretty modest cars, or take public transit.
Nothing special, just what suits their needs.
And they take very good care of them, so they last long.

Only poor cucks feel the need to impress others by rolling around in a massive depreciating asset.
In fact, most people I know of that own a car that costed them over $70k don't even make that much in a year.

Pic related, my $700 Lexus.
Extremely reliable and comfortable.
I gave my boss a lift home once (his net worth is somewhere around $20-$30mil, doesn't own a car himself) and he told me he thinks its one of the best cars ever made.
With proper maintenance should last upwards of 500k
>>
>>1145381
>Some of the wealthiest people I know drive some pretty modest cars, or take public transit.

yeah, you can do that when you are super wealthy, but when you aren't you better show off what you have to attract those top tier birds
>>
>>1145391
muh dick
>>
>How do you expect people to respect you if you don't have a nice car?

If you think material possessions are worthy of respect, then nobody will respect you. They may pretend to for influence, but on a human level, nobody.
>>
>>1145420
coping poorfag detected
>>
>>1144223
Difference between a BMW and a porcupine? Pricks are on the inside.
>>
>>1145374
No,
>Comfy as fuck
>Luxurious with a shit ton of extras
>Rides awesome
>Is a fucking Mercedes
>Acceleration is decent
>Reliable as fuck

Why is it stupid again?

>Hurr durr muh steriotype
>>
>>1145474
And they get laid a lot.
>>
File: gentleman.jpg (64KB, 634x376px) Image search: [Google]
gentleman.jpg
64KB, 634x376px
>>1145881
>>
File: MXaLbQk.webm (314KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
MXaLbQk.webm
314KB, 360x270px
>tfw using a bicycle in my country is normal and people admire you for it
>tfw don't fall into the expensive car meme
>tfw saving so much fucking money holy shit
>>
>>1145898
Incel asians do not count.
>>
>>1145391
the only people that expensive cars attract are poorfag dreamers and gold diggers

my boss was plenty impressed with my $700 shitbox because it was a smart choice.
It's extremely reliable and has just as many creature comforts as most modern cars.

You ask other people how they got wealthy, they probably didn't get there by blowing their money on expensive cars.
>>
>>1145274
F-150s aren't cheep bro. I hope they're using those trucks to get that $
>>
I drive a Toyota. It's 2 years old and does the job. It's not flashy but it's reliable, nice enough and does the job.

most of the people you see driving round in fancy cars are paying for them on credit and deluding themselves - wanting to impress others. I've reached that point in life where I genuinely don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks. I own my car outright. all need to pay for is insurance and fuel.

would I swap that for monthly payments on a 7 series beemer? fuck no. Our society is so shallow.
>>
The point is that having a nice car establishes presence in the community. You don't expect a diploma to drive a beat-up civic?
>>
>>1146131
both my parents have double degrees in bio engineering and computer engineering and make well over $180K a year, yet they both drive honda civics... what ur point?
>>
>>1146304
This, most stem majors that earn serious bank know that staying practical is the best way to go as its economical
>>
>>1146304

>find the asian post
>>
>>1144234
THIS
>>
>>1146395
Kek
>>
>>1146131
>having a nice car establishes presence in the community
What you seem to be saying is a nice expensive car advertises your status in the community. Some people don't care about flaunting their status or wealth level. You can have a nice clean reliable modern car, like a Honda or Toyota sedan, and still look like a respectable member of the community. The options aren't just either an expensive luxury car or a beat-up junky old economy car, as you are presenting them.
>>
>>1144212

I know 4 different millionaires that drive pickup trucks. One of them has 50 million.

So.....
>>
>>1144217
kek
>>
Tbh keeping your car clean and running well will earn you enough respect. You can drive a 20 year old shitbox but when its nicely waxed and running like an arrow you will get respect from people who actually know something about cars aside from
>MUH BMW
>MUH MERCEDES
>>
I make $60k/year. I want to buy a $30k car.

It is practical & reliable, and I plan on keeping it for 5-10 years.

Am I making a huge mistake?
>>
>>1148768
waste of money, if you earn 60k a year that means that half of your life will be wasted just so you can say you drive a nice car. you're better off getting something for like 15k
>>
What are some cheap cars that still look cool? As in "I don't give a shit but I still have some taste".
>>
>>1148768
>30K car

No, it is not worth getting a 30k car.

It is worth getting a 300k car
It is worth getting a 100k car maybe

But 30k?

No, enough to put a dent in your pocket and not enough to leave an impression.
>>
>>1145320
>>1145320
c3 cannot look more like a penis without being censored during day time tv.
>>
File: image.jpg (906KB, 3264x1485px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
906KB, 3264x1485px
This ma shit

>21yo eurocuck
>shitty minimumwage job

Only reason I can afford this in fucking Holland is because I still live with my mom
>>
is it better to lease a car or buy one? drawn towards leasing desu
>>
>>1149390
I think the best is to lease your car with your own company.
This way you don't pay taxes on it
>>
>>1146395
absolutely correct, i am asian.
>>
File: anime girl.png (162KB, 780x720px) Image search: [Google]
anime girl.png
162KB, 780x720px
>>1145530
>Mercedes
>Reliable as fuck

TOP FUCKING KEK. /o/ here hondas are more reliable then a fucking benz.
>>
>>1145381
how tf did you get that for 700
>>
I put about 50,000 miles on a car a year so the luxury route is out the window for me.

I laugh at anyone driving a BMW, Cadillac, Lexus, or Acura.

Mercedes and Infinite are the only respective luxury brands.
>>
>>1144212
uncle sold cox lumber to Home depot, worth a few billion when he died. drove an old Cadilac and shopped at Kmart. Way he saw it, only people with something to prove cared about those kind of things. BTW he never drank and exercised every day. Sons lived like assholes and died young, grand kids take after him and are Harvard Graduates.
>>
>>1150876
looks a lot better in the picture

It's full of dings, interior is clean but worn and it has over 300k on it.
>>
This is what makes a car nice:
1. Its cleaned regularly
2. Its not rusted apart, because that makes noise while you move it
3. The tires work on whatever the local weather is
4. It actually looks okay, there is Soviet cars that is examples of what do not look okay
>>
>>1150884
audi, jag?
>>
>''''''''''''people''''''''''''' that think BMWs are luxury cars

Posted from my Jaguar XJ
>>
>>1151592

>thinking a currymobile is a luxury car
>>
File: Image.jpg (936KB, 3000x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
936KB, 3000x1920px
>BMW
>Not realizing Cadillac is where it's at in 2016
>>
File: Capture.png (121KB, 618x190px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
121KB, 618x190px
>>1144406
yes!

>>1145281
>The amount of 10-12 year old S550s sold for 10% of initial price is laughable.

You were not kidding.
>>
File: 1424402257710.jpg (389KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1424402257710.jpg
389KB, 1284x980px
>>1145881
>>1145898
rekt
>>
>>1152785

Maintenance on that AMG you posted is going to cost at least $20k/yr.

With that being said, if I had an extra $26k lying around, I would buy the ever-living fuck out of that AMG.

That would be a sweet ass fuck-around car or Vegas car.
>>
>>1144221
lol
>>
don't buy a car that you can't buy liquid
>>
>>1144339
>>1144342
>my parents bought my car for me, the post

It's okay to admit it anon, it's pretty common.
>>
>>1144448
>deal with it
no
>>
why do you care if people respect you
>>
>>1145381
Why do you have an x on your head light?
>>
What if you want a new luxury car because you want to enjoy all the cool features it has that you are not available in a 10 year old Toyota? Is that wrong?
>>
>>1153369

maybe his headlight is busted. the "x" usually means the glass/plastic is broken
>>
>>1150682
>Compares mercedes(luxury brand) to the most reliable econobox carmaker on the market. Hondas being reliable is a fact, that does not make a mercedes non-reliable you mongorel.
>>
>>1153373
Then it is fine. Buy whatever you want.
>>
>depreciating asset
>spending more than $10,000
Maybe if you're a salesman and that stuff matters. Plus it's rather foolish to spend money for the sake of impressing people who don't even like you.
>>1144486
Absolutely this. My first thought when I see a BMW is, 1. That guy is probably an asshole. 2. Chances are he bought it to say "look at me now, dad! I'm a winner"
>>
Its investor friend story time.

You're going to meet investors over your lifetime and several of them are going to have a story similar to this.

I just hit it a little big and came into some cash.
> nigga we made it
and I thought about going car shopping to get rid of my beater.
Somewhere down the line I decided just to throw the money in an investment account and do a small beater flip for a few grand.
Any way I met with more success and pretty much forgot about the account.
until
I saw it, my dream car, the 1987 audi 5000 turbo, with the special package, pulled up next to me at a stop light yesterday.
Time was not kind to this baby.
Any way I just checked the statement for the 25k I deposited in the account and it was about 350k.
I look at the car today and my brokerage account, and am very satisfied with my decision.
>>
>>1144339
>3 series
Get a full size sedan and then come back.
>>
>>1153369
>>1153436
its a rally car thing they tape the glass so cleanup is minimal dont know why he put it on his shitbox but hey its not exactly like he was impressing anybody anyways
>>
File: xedos9-facelift_02.jpg (96KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
xedos9-facelift_02.jpg
96KB, 800x600px
>>
>>1145381
>or take public transit.
Confirmed for never left the house.
I cant even begin to explain on how many levels you are wrong and shit like this should be bannable since its misleading and influences the general picture.
>>
>>1152985
>$20k/yr
Have you ever owned a car?

Explain how on oil changes, break pads, fluids, light bulbs and maybe minor repair work on worn suspension/powertrain components that you're gonna rack up $20,000 US dollars?
>>
File: 0-76750bk.jpg (385KB, 1800x1426px) Image search: [Google]
0-76750bk.jpg
385KB, 1800x1426px
If you really want people to respect you for your choice of automobile:

Classic car or no car. Carbureted. Work on it yourself. Learn to /o/. Go to meetings smelling like gasoline. Have oil under your fingernails.

Spending on modern, over-engineered shitboxes is effette and fiscally dumb.
>>
>ITT dreams of people who dont own cars
>>
love is more important than anything.

[math]\color{red}{\textsf{(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)}}[/math]
>>
>>1153468
wait so the audi was $25k in '87 and you decided to invest it instead?
>>
>>1153890
You fucking never wrenched on a car faggot. Carburated cars are shit. They suck. So bad. Extremely unreliable. Terrible electrical issues, drum brakes, rust, and terrible power/fuel economy.

Seriously you are so dumb.
>>
File: 34534534535.jpg (437KB, 2238x1259px) Image search: [Google]
34534534535.jpg
437KB, 2238x1259px
you guys must not be looking at the correct BMWs

>tfw second car was e30 M3 for 12k
>sold it for 22k after 3 years
>tfw second car was 1999 clownshoe for 19k
>sold it for 27.5k after 3 years
>tfw second car is z4m for 32.5k

holding on to it for another 3-5 years expecting to sell for ~41k. you can make money but you have to the low production models. this thread is full of plebs
>>
>>1154081
How do you make his kind of cash selling used cars?

I just always assumed that the profit margin on used vehicles was pretty thin.
>>
>>1154147
E30 M3 is an incredibly collectible car. Clown shoes an limited production M series are also very desirable. You couldn't do this with a regular 3 series
>>
>>1154147
what he said
>tfw you sold alpine white e30 m3 with 55k miles for 22k
should have held on to it for 5 more years and it would've been worth double if not triple

oh well

E30 M3
http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?form_request=56&action=results&showres=1&1268_0=18&selLevel_1268B0D=1&selLevel_1268B1D=18&1574_0=1

Z3M
http://www.mcoupebuyersguide.com/production

Z4M
http://www.z4mcoupebuyersguide.com/production

some non-driven Z4Ms are going for ~2k less than what they sold for used currently which was 53k, give it time

>>1154081
>English
mad that was rough
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.