[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You see this card /biz/? It's a first edition charizard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: $_57.jpg (315KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
315KB, 1200x1600px
You see this card /biz/? It's a first edition charizard thats PSA graded, going for 700-800 USD on ebay. As you read this people are slowly buying the first edition pokemon card market, and every day the prices go higher and higher. Forget ETH, you guys wanna make money? Start buying and hoarding first edition pokemon cards trust me
>>
I already have.
>>
File: 1451959804711.jpg (115KB, 500x729px) Image search: [Google]
1451959804711.jpg
115KB, 500x729px
>already caught them all
>mfw ironic pic related
>>
>>1143252
I did back in 2012. I feel retarded though.
>>
So easy to get scammed, it's not worth it.
>>
>>1143252

I should still have a ton of these, lol. Somewhere.
Bought them I think... 2004

Are average cards worth anything too?
>>
>>1143252
Not Pokemon, but I'm kicking myself at this point.

>1996, buy a binder sheet (9) fair to good condition Unlimited Black Lotuses for the then "insane" price of $450
>2001, sell said binder sheet for the then "insane" price of $7200
>2016, Unlimited Black Lotuses going for $3k-$4k EACH on eBay

Oh well, was a good sell at the time.
>>
I had one when I was a kid, idk if it was holo or not but doesn't matter now it's gone forever. Just fuk me up b
>>
>>1143346
you would've been stupid not to have sold when you did. eventually pokemon will start to become obscure and buyers will be harder and harder to find. (although, most likely to be a refined collector of things)
>>
>>1143322
Shiny cards are worth a decent amount. I had maybe 20 or so, which were all around $3-5, and a few were $15.
>>
File: Ancient_Mew_(Card).jpg (51KB, 377x521px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient_Mew_(Card).jpg
51KB, 377x521px
What can I get for this? I have a stack of about 200 from when I worked at a cinema.
>>
>>1143486
Those are going for about 5-6 dollars,wouldn't be a bad idea to sell them if you need some money. I would keep hoarding em, especially if they're still sealed
>>
>>1143322
If they're shadowless first edition, then you might be sitting on some nice cash. How ever regular base set prices are slowly rising
>>
File: 1429287350993.jpg (127KB, 730x1105px) Image search: [Google]
1429287350993.jpg
127KB, 730x1105px
>>1143252
>mfw I invested thousands of dollars into yugioh instead of pokemon
>mfw uppderdeck lost the rights to distribution in the U.S.
>Mfw konami has absolutely no idea what they're doing
>They start non-stop printing like the equivalence of QE1,2,3,&4.
>cards significantly lost a huge portion of their value due to oversupply
>traded my entire folder of ultra rare Pokemon cards for two shitty destiny hero cards that you can find in the trash in most conventions nowadays
>traded my original Charizard card for a Chansey
>lost the chansey card in the binder
>mfw
>>
>>1143489
Hording these is quite stupid. They are about 16 years on the market and prices never rose. Just sell them piece by piece.
Are you actually in the biz, because your price was quite accurate?
>>
>>1143486

Unless it's got the "Nintedo" typo, it's worth pretty much nothing.
>>
>>1143645
Nigger only a tiny percantage of pokemon cards rose in price over the years. The rest got rekt as in yugioh. And in yugioh, there is also a small amount of cards, that are valued higher now, than years ago.
Also yugioh has the best volume of the trading card games and the stupidest players to take advantage of.
Best investment in tcg for midterm are sealed mtg boxes. Some of them rise sharply over time and most of th don't lose value.
>>
why not just counterfeit them?
>>
I'm a part owner in a retail game store with 2 locations in the northeast. We specialize in magic and Pokémon high end items (graded cards, foreign foil mtg, legacy/vintage cards etc)
>>
>>1144029
okay
>>
>"investing" in collectables
Next he is going to suggest gold
>>
Amiibos are more profitable.
>>
Hey guys I have a fuckload of beanie babies what do you suppose I do with them?
>>
File: 305609.jpg (101KB, 450x251px) Image search: [Google]
305609.jpg
101KB, 450x251px
> tfw sold them a decade ago

I still have a stack of pic related, the "other" pokemon cards. Are they worth shit?
>>
Fucking trading card games.
I tried to break an addiction to opening card packs but ended up buying singles. I was wasting less money, but still wasting money.
>>
Fuck I can contribute.
A few months ago I rediscovered my old pokémon card collection and found out that one particular card was worth like $60. I put it up on eBay, shipped it to some guy who paid me via paypal and he said he didn't receive it. I made the stupid mistake of sending it in an envelope: I think he got it, but there was no way to prove it. He got a refund from PayPal no questions asked. Lost that piece of shit card. Oh well.
>>
>>1144709
Wow, you are dumb, always ship with tracking or at least delivery confirm. If you don't you are 100%at the buyers mercy on ebay
>>
>>1143414
Yeah, I know, but MTG (unlike Pokemans and Yoo-gee-oh!!!z) have appreciated in value fairly well. Even old lands run $5 a pop or so. Still, I can't complain at a 1600% profit (or 320% per year.)
>>
>>1144455
>Amiibos are more profitable
At this time. The market for those is only a few years old. It's just as likely they can go the way of the Beanie Baby.

>>1144285
Why not? True collectables, collectables that weren't collectable originally (antique firearms, coins, art, even things like flatware and plates) always appreciate in value. The issue are items that are produced en masse for collecting purposes (think Franklin Mint shit) don't, and too many people who are new to collectables don't get the difference.
>>
is there a TL;DR guide for which first-gen pokemon cards may have some value? i have some holo cards but no charizard ;_;
>>
>>1144913
Shadow less and 1st ed hols of the marquee Pokémon charizard, zapdos, mew two etc
>>
>>1144913

Google it, or run it through looking for recently completed auctions/sales on eBay. I like eBay myself as a guide as you get an actual gauge on what going prices are.
>>
>>1144928
>>1144936
at a glance it looks like i could get like $2-5 each for them, eh i won't bother
>>
>>1144947
If they're not doing anything but sitting in a closet, count them up and take them to a card shop. "Hey, shopguy, xyz 1st edition pokeman cards, $2 each." Let him talk you down to $1 or $0.50 each and use the money on something else.

(Hell, even if you don't spend the money, a small stack of dollars takes up less space in the closet.)
>>
>>1143691
I keep up with the pokemon market, and have a reasonable collection. I'm looking long term, not short term profits
>>
>>1144902
I currently own a black lotus and a mox jet, both of which have more than quadrupled in value in the 6ish years that I have had them. Sure I won't b e able to move them quickly at retail value but they have appreciated so much it barely matters.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.