[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why, exactly are you still on /biz/ and 4chan? Don't you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 1457942958402.jpg (21KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1457942958402.jpg
21KB, 250x241px
Why, exactly are you still on /biz/ and 4chan?

Don't you see the irony of browsing a board dedicated to Finance and getting rich when being on 4chan is the biggest obstacle to success?
>>
>>1141951
>if i wasn't on /biz/ i would have never heard of ETH
>a board on 4chan is literally making me money
>>
>>1141953
So you bought ETH, why are you still here?
>>
>>1141951

This gonna be good http://www.wisdomrace.com/
>>
>>1141960
SO I can get in on the next pump n dump coin /biz/ shills nice and early
>>
Well?
>>
>>1141962

This is the gayest fucking fan fiction have ever seen in my life
>>
>>1141951
Untrue. I could be on Reddit.
>>
>>1142014
At least small subreddits actually contain useful information and advice.
>>
>>1141951
Well, I'm currently at work. I don't have 8 hours of work to do, yet I am required to be here all 8 hours. And due to the retarded way IP law/policy is, I sure as hell won't bring my application in to work. Consider it fortunate I don't have a desire to legitimately shitpost.
>>
this is the only board where i can talk about personal finance. I agree tho. The less time I spend on here the more i get done.
>>
>>1141951
>confusing the cause with the effect
Liberals, not even once
>>
File: 1452949802334.jpg (379KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
1452949802334.jpg
379KB, 1111x597px
>>1142022
>>
File: 1405378761970.jpg (28KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
1405378761970.jpg
28KB, 426x341px
I really think 4chins has improved my life.

Used to browse FunnyJunk and saw a lot of the green text stories posted.
Wanted to get in shape so I joined /fit/, read the sticky and lost weight and went to join and got confidence.

Then I went to /sp/, /trv/ and /out/ learned from /fa/ how to take care of my appearance. Basically all the boards with a sticky is golden.

Last year I wanted to get financially stable so I naturally came to /biz/ bought intelligent investor and richest man in babylon and I've maxed my my TFSA now for 2015 and 2016 and saving to go travel next year and started /p/hotography

4chins changed my life

>w-we are all gonna make it brehs
>>
>>1143987
What on /fit/ did you follow that helped you get in shape? I've read the sticky myself but it's so much content, it's discouraging.

Seriously though, how was the process?
>>
>>1141951
How big of a loser do you have to be to blame 4chan for holding you back? It's just a website, that's it. This shit isn't holding anyone back who was going anywhere in the first place.
>>
>>1142022
Which ones?
>>
>>1144292

If you can sort through the piles of shitposting then /fit/ does actually know their stuff. But it's like 99% shitposting.
>>
>>1144292
Getting /fit/ is more about what you eat. Limit meals to 500 calories, 3x a day with two snacks at 100 calories.
Lift weights, or run, or do bodyweight shit. Or all of those. That's all.
>>
>>1144730
1700 calories a day?

That's literally starvation level unless you're a woman, severely overweight or a midget.

>No mention of macronutirents
Yeah you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>1144744
>1700 is literally starvation
literal starvation would be 0 or negative calories
>no mention of macros = you don't know what you're talking about
Anon doesn't mention macros because it's implied that these calories come from a variety a foods not just a giant 2 - 3k meal of pizza or a burger. If anything, micronutrients are more important
>>
>>1144784
No, the world health organization recognizes 2000 for an average, healthy adult male as the minimum.

1700 is a significant deficit, ESPECIALLY on top of cardio and lifting as he said. That's literally starvation if done for excessive periods of time. You will lose any muscle you have, you will not get "/fit/".

Wrong again. Macromutrients are the most important, micronutirents are usually taken care of unless you're deficient in some vitamin due to your diet.

Please stop posting
>>
>>1144784
BTW "starvation" is an excessive caloric deficit, which is what 1700 calories per day is.
>>
Shitposting about finance isnt as bad as shitposting about vidya like i did when i was a young man.
>>
File: hqdefault (6).jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (6).jpg
34KB, 480x360px
>>1143987
>Used to browse FunnyJunk and saw a lot of the green text stories posted.

I was worse, I was on 9gag.
>>
>>1144798
>macro nutrients are usually taken care of
>unless you're deficient in vitamin due to your diet

You just proved my point. It's harder to get micro nutrients which is why it's more important to focus on them. IIFYM illustrates that you can get your calorie and macro reuqirements eating pizza and ice cream and drinking milk but this will obviously lead to health issues due to...wait for it.... micronutrients

also 1700 isn't starving and you're assuming that the anon is eating 2k Kcals a day, when, assuming he's American, he's probably eating closer to 3.5 - 4k Kcals
>>
>>1144840
It's the opposite.

Pretty much everyone gets the necessary micro nutrients unless they literally don't eat any fruits or something. And even if they don't, they can simply take a multi vitamin to ensure it's taken care of.

>>1144840
Americans don't eat 3.5-4k calories a day. Assuming an average adult male TDEE at 180lbs of above average height that would be weight gain of about 1.5 lbs per week, certainly decreasing over time as weight increases.

1700 IS starving. It's below the TDEE of a male of nearly any proportions.

In fact it's LITERALLY lower than most males BASE METABOLIC RATE.

Get the fuck out of here skeleton

>Hurrr durrrrr eat a severe deficit bro!

He said he wants to become fit, which implies building muscle. Not losing all his current muscle and then bombing his testosterone levels from malnutrition.
>>
>>1144860
>it's the opposite, nearly everyone gets their micronutrients

Are you implying that someone is more likepy to not eat protien or carbs than to not have the proper amount of omega -3s or iron. You'd be wrong http://www.naturalnews.com/033719_American_diet_nutritional_deficiencies.html#

for a better source the cdc has a study showing which groups have which nutrient deficiencies, not once mentioning macro nutrients. Which leads to your next point

>Assuming an average adult male tdee at 180lbs of above average height

I'm assuming he's the average american male which is 5'9 195lbs according to the CDC. You used an arbitrary height and weight.

>he said getting fit, which inplies gaining muscle

Getting fit could mean anything, and I used an average American males stats, and I'm using it to illustrate the point that the anon didn't give bad advice, you're just an autistic contrarian starting arguments for no reason.

>hur dur leave skelton

being 165 -170 at 5'9 is a problem? That's pretty good for most Americans
>>
>>1144832
I found 4chan through encyclopedia dramatica.
>>
>>1144889
That's for the average person. One who does not lift weights for the purpose of gaining muscle.

>170 at 5'9
And what's your body fat? Lifts?

Those "studies" are bs, they're for the general population not individuals. They also say 60-80grams of protein is fine but we obviously know that to not be true, thanks to numerous studies and coaches.

It IS bad advice, I'm not being "autistic" I'm correcting you on your retarded mom-science tier posts.

You're not going to be lacking fucking iron or omega 3 when you're hitting your 1g/lb bw Protein because you'll be eating a shit ton of meat and fish.

Whatever tho, go ahead eat 1700, hell 1500 calories and do a lot of cardio. If you can't see all your ribs and pelvic bones, YOU'RE NOT DOING ENOUGH CARDIO.

Also remember don't eat any fat in your diet, you don't want testosterone where you're going.
>>
>>1144899
>Mom tier science
I just gave him normie advice that he won't follow. If he thinks that the /fit/ sticky is too confusing he's probably not gonna make it.

>I'm not being autistic
We're debating nutrition on a business board I'd day this makes us autistic.
>>
It's been great actually. The way 4chan works is that it attracts people from fringe populations, people who are outliers in each of their countries. Normally these types get into their hobbies to a point where they're reasonably above the normal person in terms of skill and/or knowledge.

Basically autists know a lot about specific things that you won't be able to get on your own (or even know that you're interested in), and the medium of an imageboard puts it in a more enticing form than a straight up textbook.

I've gotten learned on gymnastics, fermentation, supplements, decent online literature (ribbonfarm, thelastpsychiatrist), more than watchable anime, decent films, and so on. How long would it take for a normal person to learn anything about something as secluded and difficult as gymnastics? They'd probably just end up doing Crossfit. Fermentation? Like they'd really join aging housewives when they get together to share their canning recipes? Good anime? When 99% of it is shit? Eva, Lain, Mononoke, Haibane Renmei, Ping Pong, etc.

Then there's the odd bit of fun like following a link to Jason Genova or learning that Kai Greene fucked a grapefruit.

I don't know if I'm using it right, but scarcity value makes it worth staying. Where else are you going to get these dank memes? The fact that you haven't made good use of a resource but have spent time and energy on it shows you're a failure.
>>
>>1144889
>naturalnews
Ahahahahahahahah look at this retard, look at him and laugh. Kill yourself.
>>
For example, look at the dialectic right now between >>1144899 and >>1144955. Certainly it doesn't give you any clear information, but it'll draw you closer to the foundations of their disagreements which are macros, micros, muscle hypertrophy, testosterone, weight loss and even closer to the fundament: different goals mean different methods.

The question posed by >>1144292 wasn't even clarified, the two autists just went on with their assumptions as to the poster's goals without asking his height/weight, sex, or goals. "Getting in shape" is too vague a goal but these two sperglords think that's enough to get in an argument on the internet.

Eventually, you learn to sift through useless posts and find decent arguments that boost your understanding without wasting your time.

>>1144292
To answer your question, read the sticky. There are only three foundations to getting fit: eating, sleeping, and following a routine. These are foundations because you can eat shit and get stronger so long as it fits macros (doesn't mean you should). If you don't sleep well then your form degrades and your body doesn't retain the recruitment pattern, plus you're tired. And consistently following a routine, even if it's shitty and done with bad form, will get you some results before you snap your shit up.

You'll learn the smaller but still important things as you go along like progressive overload, proper form, rest times, time under tension, hook grip, diet, caffeine + theanine, etc. But if you can't even read the sticky then just give up. You're part of the 4chan population that leeches and contributes nothing, but that's fine. You can't even get anything for yourself either.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.