[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been driving a beater car for a while. But it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 1426989731335.png (372KB, 1005x576px) Image search: [Google]
1426989731335.png
372KB, 1005x576px
I've been driving a beater car for a while. But it's now at the point where it's costing me way too much in repairs to be feasible going forward. Problem is I'm a Starbucks wagecuck and barely make enough to pay my bills. I wouldn't be able to make monthly payments if I signed a lease. Drained my savings by moving out of my mom's house.

How the fug can I get a new car?
>>
buy a civic for $500, scrap your car. I hate civics but they're extremely reliable if you find a decent one someones just trying to get rid of
>>
also:
I don't pay for any subscription services. I don't have any debt. I don't have a smartphone, I use the cheapest possible flip phone. Mum is paying for my car insurance. I literally do not spend any money I make at all on anything except bills.
>>
>>1139787
Monthly income and monthly expenses, itemized. Spit it out, OP
>>
My Dad runs a used car lot and I've bought many cars with him. Buy a cheap V4. 90s Honda and Toyotas last a life time an have cheap insurance rates. If you're going to buy a Civic or Accord, make sure it hasn't been raped by a fagg/o/t. If you see something for sale that has a bunch of custom shit, it's 90% of the time they broke something and don't know how to fix it.
>>
>>1139783
Move back to your mom's home to save up for a a japanese car?
>>
>>1139783
try r9k
>>
>>1139811
every check I send $275 to a joint acct with my roommate. she pays the same amount. anything I have left over I put in savings

end of the month between the two of us:
rent: $729
internet: $55 (fucking at&t is all we can get here)
electric: $40
water $45
groceries for 2: $50

last Friday I got paid $276 so I kinda dont know what I'm going to do about my car
>>
>>1139860
Whats with the joint acct? Also, how many hours is that weekly, like 20?
>>
File: 1393450407327.gif (4MB, 460x350px) Image search: [Google]
1393450407327.gif
4MB, 460x350px
>>1139783
Can you take the bus to work and around town? Cheaper than a car...
>>
File: 1448331888487.jpg (40KB, 531x683px) Image search: [Google]
1448331888487.jpg
40KB, 531x683px
>>1139868
joint acct because its free and I dont want to argue about money (she's my gf). between 25-35 hours a week

>>1139870
no bus routes near our apartment. though I'm seriously just considering fucking walking to work. I have no other solution
>>
>>1139876
Get a bike. You could get a motor for it for $100 on ebay.
>>
>>1139878
I'm an amputee :'(
>>
>>1139860
How much is each check total? You are able to save something so clearly you should have savings to buy a cheap used car. Get something that works at least, ~5k-9k.
>>
>>1139817
V4 isn't a thing
>>
>>1139868
>Also, how many hours is that weekly, like 20
are you kidding me
>>
>>1139934
It sure is hell isn't 40 hours
>>
>>1139783
>working at Starbucks
>getting a new car
This has to be bait
>>
>>1139934
Unless you work for around $7.60 an hour that's not 40 hours
>>
>>1139930
>Theres no honda called V4, those don't exist
Typical chinkcar owner
>>
Boy, if you're on Starbucks what are you wagecucking for?

You can buy Starbucks stock for 25% below market value straight from the company. BUY THAT SHIT.
They'll MATCH YOUR 401K. You're doubling your money PLUS INTEREST on matched 401K.

You even get free coffee/tea every month, bruh. That's a dick-already-suk't card.

If you can't save 45 dollars to buy 1 share of Starbucks stock worth 60 to flip it right across the board, you can't save no hundreds for a car. Make your money work for you, as a Starbucks employee you have the tools most people don't have access to without a high end career or business.
>>
>>1139876
The numbers dont add up. If you both combined are putting $550 a week into an account, that's roughly $2200/month, actually a bit more. And you dont even have $1000 of bills combined.

Wheres the other $300/week going? Also, you need a side job badly. Are you a college stoodebt or something?
>>
>>1140005
we both get paid biweekly. should've mentioned that. not a college student this semester bc this is my first time to be out on my own and I knew I'd just half-ass all my classes while trying to get adjusted to life out of my mom's place
>>
>>1140007
You eat at restaurants a lot? How are you getting by on $50/month groceries? Also you mind telling which limb your missing? I got a few things in mind that could help you here
>>
>>1140063
miscalc there too. we spend $50 on groceries every 2 weeks, so $100 a month. mainly lurk /ck/ for recipes and tips. missing left leg, have never received any sort of gubmint payments for it or anything though
>>
>>1139994

Wait wait wait...
You can literally work minimum wage for Starcucks, buy the stock 25% below the market value, sell it for say 15% below market value and get 10% free fookin' money?

Am I reading this right?
>>
>>1140098
Thats still ridiculously low. Any tips on how to pull that off? My family of 3 is $100/week minimum. You sure your not eating at restaurants?

I know a few things that can make you some side money depending on how much you can do physically
>>
>>1140124
Oh I missed the leg part, sorry. Most of the stuff for quick cash I would suggest is Craigslist labor-related. I'm curious about the $100/m grocery bill. Food can be the biggest expense
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.