[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you prefer a house or an apartment? In my humble opinion,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: img_1843.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
img_1843.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Would you prefer a house or an apartment?

In my humble opinion, an apartment in the city center is much better investment than a house in a shitty remote neighborhood.
>>
>>1139374
Those old eastern european houses look comfy as fuck.
>>
>>1139374
Sure, unless you happen to buy an apartment next to a borderline retarded neighbor whose favorite things in life are loud bassy music and parties at all hours of the day and week. Oh, and his only mode of communication is shouting. That's my experience with an apartment so far.
>>
>>1139374
In terms of an investment, a house is a far better investment, as you're buying more land.

An apartment in a multi-level building is a terrible investment. Price doesn't go up very fast, and you're stuck paying fees forever.
>>
>>1139374
To live in?
A house

To invest (i.e. rent out)?
An apartment/condo
>>
Man, I don't get why people in big cities jump through so many mental hoops to convince themselves that the shitty one bedroom apartment in a low income neighborhood that they pay $1,800 per month for is a good idea. Can't they just admit that they've been fucked in the ass?
>>
I suppose it depends entirely on what you want and your job situation. Being in an apartment in a city tends to put you closer to more opportunity, but at the same time you risk dealing with shitheads, human error, crime, noise, light pollution, and a whole other slew of bullshit from living in a place you'll additionally never ultimately own. I prefer a house because I grew up in the middle of nowhere and I came to appreciate the silence and having no neighbors. It puts me in a very positive state of mind and if you're the type of person who enjoys 'the small things' day to day that you just don't get in a metropolis, it's really nice. I drive an 80 minute round trip to work and I wouldn't trade it for a job that pays twice as well.
>>
>>1139374
House. I like having yards and gardening as faggy as it sounds. Nothing like hanging out doing yard work during the summer. I grew up in the city though so I have an appreciation for having land and not having to be around people 24/7. I'm just not a city person. Suburbs on country for me but close enough to drive into the city for work.
>>
>>1139374
An acre or more of cheap land, and a hand built home.
Cities in america tend to be horrifying toxic cesspools at best, mere dumps filled with retards at worst.
>>
>>1139374
Apartments/constructions on land tend to decrease in value as it is not truly permanent - depreciates in both quality and value as it ages, land tends to increase in value.

Apartments are never a good 'investment' in the long run.
>Gotta get sum dirt brah
>>
>>1139374
Apartment during working years. Buy a house after I retire. Buying a house before retirement is dumb because you will have to pay a huge amount of money for anything remotely close to an urban area where you can get a high paying job, and you are tied down to that city and will forgo many opportunities in career advancement because selling it is a hassle.
>>
File: 1451734938931.jpg (29KB, 375x305px) Image search: [Google]
1451734938931.jpg
29KB, 375x305px
I have an apartment I pay ~1k for. I took it for the location more than anything else. I like being able to walk 30 minutes to work. Not like I'm saying paying for gas is worse than rent price, but I just genuinely enjoy being able to take 60 minutes of the day and just kind of zone out and think about shit without having to mentally be aware of the road while driving.

I wish I liked driving. I probably would be saving a bunch more right now.
>>
House in the city would be best, apartment would be cool too. Anywhere I can bike places. Right now I'm in suburban hell but the deal I'm getting on rent is too cheap to move from and I'm living with a good friend and don't have to sign a lease or anything.
>>
Buying a house to raise a family, then buy an apartment when you retire (after you sell the house) is a better use of money than what OP is referring to. Assuming your heirs have their own way of surviving
>>
>>1139581
This,

Lived near a city till I was 18 in a normal house, convinced a appartement would be as comfy. College, hiring an appartment with 2 other guys. Now I miss the garden.

I still think a appartement can be comfy tho, just need a bigger balcony. Also would be nice to live in a cleaner area, I don't like the air from the highway nearby.
>>
>>1139374
>yelling russians and hearing the neighbour flush his toilet, windows so thin you can hear a whisper 6 stories below
>deaf old ladies watching the TV at max from morning to midnight
>dogs barking continuously the entire day
or
>a lot of green and bush, cozy nice neighbourhood, porch monkeying and bbq

not a tough choice pham
>>
It all depends on location. In most parts of the US, it's more affordable to buy than rent. If you live in a city then it's more convenient to rent.
>>
>>1139374
I think right now given my circumstances I'd prefer an apartment. You don't just invest money into a house. You invest time and effort into maintaining it. It's definitely a more permanent situation. I imagine that I will be moving around for the next few years, so I think at this point in time an apartment is better for me.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.