[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else is worried about identity theft? Has it ever occurred

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1423501210819.jpg (1MB, 800x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1423501210819.jpg
1MB, 800x2340px
Who else is worried about identity theft?

Has it ever occurred to you guys how easily this can happen by some Somalian and then you're pretty much fucked?

What happens if some millionaire's identity is stolen? What do you even do in that case? Seems like a fucking nightmare.

Like what happens if someone has ALL your info? Then you can't really prove for sure you're the person you are and considering they can open nearly anything under the sun under your name with just 2 forms of ID wtf do you do??? Has this happened to any millionaires/billionaires before?

How do you even safeguard against this beyond the obvious?
>>
ШELL?
>>
File: file.jpg (76KB, 1368x1026px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
76KB, 1368x1026px
>>1135416
>some somalian
Wew lad we aren't good enough at this shit dude trust me
>>
>>1135490
Oh come on don't be so modest.

You guys are literal pirates
>>
File: file.jpg (48KB, 500x672px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
48KB, 500x672px
>>1135495
>he thinks physical piracy correlates with identity theft
Most Somalis don't even trust banks enough to keep their money in them don't worry we have no use for your credit card information here I'll keep it safe bruv
>>
>>1135416
My identity was stolen either from a brokerage (TD Ameritrade...got hacked a couple of years ago) or from the IRS (got hacked recently). The scammers filed a false tax return claiming a large refund.

The dumbass scammers got the refund sent to my address and I returned it to the IRS.

Notified all credit bureaus and banks and city, state, county folk.

So far, no bad things have happened.......yet.
>>
>>1135508
I don't see how it'd be much of s stretch for you.

>>1135510
What the fuck?

If brokerages and IRS can get hacked is there any safety in this world?

What if this happens to a millionaire or something?

>Work all your life to earn millions
>Literally get all your shit stolen at no fault of your own

Is there anything we can do?
>>
>>1135519
Don't keep money in bank.
>>
>>1135521
Thanks but not really a good solution. It can get stolen much easier elsewhere.

At least this way it's insured.
>>
Bump...

So what the fuck do you do if someone steals your money? What's the point of working your entire life when it can disappear so quickly and easily?
>>
>OP does not understand why he repeatedly states "what about millionaires" and no one answers
>OP does not understand that (most) millionaires became that way because intelligence and they prepared for this
>OP does not understand insurance and precautions
>OP does not understand how to not put everything in one basket
>Op does not understand how to diversify not only with where the money gets invested in, but where it's being utilized
>OP does not understand how to use more than one bank/financial institution at a time
>OP does not understand he's a faggot
>>
>>1136062
>I'm a faggot for asking a question and trying to understand something

What's your problem?

Is it really that hard to answer normally? I know it's not about Ethereum but still...
>>
>>1135519
>implying a millionaire would notice $50,000 missing from any of his accounts
>>
>>1135416

I'm a little concerned.

I have like 5 emails, 2 bank accounts, a couple websites. I use the exact same password for all of them. I've used this password for 5 years. It's a complicated password but it's the same.
>>
>>1135510

> The dumbass scammers got the refund sent to my address and I returned it to the IRS

just goes to show you how backed up and dysfunctional the IRS is that they did not catch it. I bet you could have kept the money and no one would have ever found out.

This is good news for me cause my tax return is all fucked up this year. Thanks Turbotax!
>>
>>1136885
Why don't you use different ones SENPAI...
>>
>>1136062
This guy is being a dick for some reason but it's accurate
>>
>>1136895
Uhm it doesn't explain much at all.
>>
I'm really not that worried

I watch my credit score and statements like a hawk

If something's fucky, I'll see it
>>
>>1137021
True but would that even stop them necessarily?

If they have all your shit they can just open lines of credit or change your address and get refunds sent or whatever.

It just seems like you'd be utterly fuckdd in a battle you can't win unless they just decide to pity you.
>>
>>1137030
You can just get a credit freeze

I'm more worried about getting robbed by a nig on the way home
>>
>>1137034
If you get robbed you only lose like $500 at most.

Whereas this can fuck you up for good
>>
>>1137035
You can also lose your life dumbass
>>
>>1137036
>Ape
>Shooting you over a watch and a used phone

Yeah you're not going to be dying.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.