[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is learning to code on sites like Codecamey or Udemy worthwhile?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1359497566120.gif (363KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1359497566120.gif
363KB, 500x500px
Is learning to code on sites like Codecamey or Udemy worthwhile? Are coders a valuable asset to society or are outsourced Indians the first people they go to?
>>
>>1133948
Coding is more than just knowing the syntax, anon.
>>
I'm going to drop some fucking wise words on your likely faggot ass.

If you don't know what you want to do with it, you will never learn it. This has been the case for everything that I learned quickly. This is true for anything that you want to learn or "get into".
>>
>>1133948
Im starting an apprenticeship in coding in a incurance company this year. They told me that the actual act of typing the code becomes less important the further you advance in the job. The actual important part is to understand what exactly the other departments of the company need/want and how the suitable program should look like. I dont see that being replaced by remote workers anytime soon.

Im from Germany though, so I guess the language barrier and the generally traditional work-culture play their part and Im not sure how the situation is in other countries.
>>
coding != engineering

many companies burned themselves with Indian programmers already, and most learned from it.

The mindset is what matters, thats something you can barely learn and comes with experience.
>>
>>1134010
This

Most Indian coders end up being testers because they can't write good code.
>>
coding is a new literacy in business. your job might not necessarily be to program, but it's just something you need to know for the job, like reading or writing.
>>
>>1133948
codecademy is just simpliest basics you can finish their 'courses' in a day but its great if youre completely new to coding.
>>
>>1133948
>outsourced Indians

Someone who gets a CS degree and really throws themselves into their work never need worry about this. In fact, they'll do well.

If you're not giving it 110% the whole time though...don't bother
>>
Use Udacity.com if you want to learn to code... Their 'computer science 101' is free and a great introduction. You can likely learn everything you need to get a good job there for free.
>>
I'm learning coding independently w/o uni too, and what can I say, I started with simple stuff, then kept asking my university mates one last year, and one masters degree 2nd year to give me their assignments, they were easy with all the help..

I just practice alone, by doing various programs that come to my mind.
first when I started I watched boring beginner tutorials, then made notes of key things, like integrals and shiet, so I think it takes about a week to understand how to structure the code, then you just have to keep practicing, google example of programs and try not to copy the code but write it in your own way... and then practice until you become good
>>
File: 1448993137907.jpg (14KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1448993137907.jpg
14KB, 220x220px
>>1133974
>wise words
from the guy using low tier robor memes
>>
>>1133948
I am an Indian learning code or Codeacademy, Udemy and Udacity lol. Also you should check out Harvards CS50 course on edX

Also, wrong board OP
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.