[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any professsional poker players here? If I'm pretty goo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Poker-Starthand.jpg (161KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
Poker-Starthand.jpg
161KB, 500x334px
Any professsional poker players here? If I'm pretty good at beating bots/games (governor of poker hard mode, neopokerbot.com, pokerTH) do I have a chance at becoming successful or should I ditch the idea and stay a NEET?
>>
>>1133245
The amount of time you spend studding maths and playing you might as well just be a wageslave.

Become a NEET and clame sweet sweet NEETbucks while getting poker money.
>>
>>1133245
With rake 1/2 is actually difficult to be a consistent winner unless you're playing against retards. Online poker is practically impossible at anything above .25/.50 unless you have a HUD, study a lot, and don't tilt. I love playing poker as a hobby and I have made some money from it, but I consider it just a hobby and would never consider trying to go pro for a second.
>>
>>1133245

Maybe some of the more advanced players could answer me.

I thought about an automated poker program, which plays against newbies. I run the program and let it beat some idiots in the lower stake range. Do you think this could be profitable on the long run? Similar to some automated programs on the stock market. Or am I missing an important factor?
>>
>>1133543
do you know how to write an algo?
>>
>>1133546
It won't be easy, but I guess I could do it with Python. I think it is a pretty interesting project.
>>
>>1133245
games are tough and continue to get harder.. you're better off learning another skill. the state of games is not great and won't get any better unless there is another U.S. poker boom.
>>
>>1133287
Are you one of those filthy HUD-users?
>>
>>1133549
Probably harder then you think, since everyone playing for money is using poker software nowadays

(Also why the fuck python, and not something like c++)
>>
>>1133245
online poker will be killed off. it's inevitable. learn to play live and develop your edges there.

>>1133287
live poker you mutliply your win rate by 10 while the rake stays the same. i mean paying 4 dollars when you when 400 isn't that bad of a deal.

>>1133543
>newbies

There are no more newbies for online poker. you'll also need to be better than the current bots.

>>1133590
amaya and online bots are killing any potential for another boom.
>>
Poker players are degenerate. Same shit as PUA, same shit as MLM. It is all one type of people. Low IQ, dumb, probably watch football.

Kill yourself OP for creating this thread.

Also, buy ETH.
>>
soooooo many crusher bots
>>
>>1133549
>>1133695
>Also why the fuck python, and not something like c++
Comsci here, there is literally no reason to use C++ for something like that. Pointer operations/manual memory management won't be a significant factor in the algorithms since they don't have to be space-efficient, and any tricks you can do with those can be easily replicated in a higher-level language at the cost of a bit of memory. Python would be extremely good for this, as would Java. Both would reduce the amount of low-level bullshit you have to deal with and allow you to concentrate on the process itself.
>>
>>1133954
Dat irony, pretty tasty.
>>
>>1133549
Ask yourself: are you the first person to think of using bots for online poker?
>>
>>1135345
I did not know that bots are so common.

I was just looking for a new project that could generate some income at the end.
>>
>>1135535

And here lies the very fundamental and very basic tip for success in life:

Always be the first to think of something new.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.