[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>TFW I can't get student loans and grants in Ontario

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1455098874445.png (13KB, 557x606px) Image search: [Google]
1455098874445.png
13KB, 557x606px
>TFW I can't get student loans and grants in Ontario because I have $20 000 in my tfsa and apparently that counts as an asset

WHY AM I PUNISHED FOR BEING RESPONSIBLE AND INVESTING MY MONEY????

REEEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

HOW IS THIS FAIR????!!!!!???!!!
>>
Well?
>>
>>1130877
Well what? Noone cares.
>>
>>1130926
This is personal finance related and is certainly much more relevant than most threads being bumped.
>>
>>1130877
Honestly, transfer that money to a trust or something.
>>
>>1130877

Let's say you have student loans at 5% interest. Please tell me, where in today's market you can make 5%, year-after-year without a large amount of risk. THIS IS GUARANTEED money you're saving. Interest on student loans doesn't start till after college, but don't worry about that small-son, keep your debt low. Goto Community college your first two years and slay the retards.
>>
>withdraw money
>put in pillowcase

Congratulations, you now have 0 monies, if anyone asks where it went just say you spent it on dragon dildos which are now submerged in your rectum.
>>
>>1130932
>>1130946
I have it invested in the s&p. It's not literally in cash...

>>1130940
Doesn't work that way in Canada. Community college credits don't transfer over. At least in Ontario.
>>
>>1130950
Principle still applies, you have an asset that's too large, you should transfer ownership of that asset to someone else.
>>
>>1130955
Should I maybe put it into rrsp or what that still be an asset? I'll have to check.

Fu k though man I never thought they'd be punishing you for actually being smart with your money...
>>
>>1130964
Do whatever, sell it all and stuff the cash under your mattress if you have to, going to college is more important than earning interest, don't you think?
>>
>>1130966
I could still go... I can get a student line of credit from the bank or just work during school too.

I literally have nealy enough for half a degree with living expenses right now.
>>
Well?
>>
fuck I know how you feel.

I work a decent not minimum wage shit job, so I get no money from OSAP, and barely and bursaries where my buddies do fuck all and get almost half of what I make working part time while going to school.

Its straight bullshit.
>>
>>1131217
Tbh tho I'm not too mad.

I can get student line of credit if need be and my money earning me shekels is way better than some fucko spending his grants and bursaries on weed

I'll come out above in the end
>>
>>1131217
>>1131224

Ontario is on the verge of implementing a universal basic income anyway.

http://www.techinsider.io/ontario-announces-basic-income-plan-2016-3
>>
>>1131479
It'll take years for this to come tho

"It's coming" ™ is a classic of the government.
>>
>>1130877
The evils of state interference in the economy, folks.
>>
>>1130877
should have bought ethereum, to be honest family
>>
>>1131217
This is me :(

Fking sucks cause I work monday-friday so my days are crazy long from 8am classes to work until 1030pm

But I mean I'm in a better situation than most of my classmates and friends anyway in regards to the future so it works out
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.