[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im a Low level manager at an industrial company. with 6-8 people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: pallets.png (1MB, 883x536px) Image search: [Google]
pallets.png
1MB, 883x536px
Im a Low level manager at an industrial company. with 6-8 people working for me. Their wages are controlled by a union. How do I get them to work harder and more efficient?
>>
administer beatings until morale improves
>>
fire them all and hire illegals
>>
>>1130474
union bro. union.
>>
Be a swell guy that they would like to work for, they literally have no other incentive
>>
>>1130431
You can't kek. Union workers are over paid retards and you have no actual power over them. You're a baby sitter op, not management.
>>
>>1130431
Union worker here. You let them go home early but get paid for 8. Tell them if they do x amount of y, they can go home early. That's how it works on the docks. There are 26 companies all paying the same wage, so they get us to compete by offering deals. It's all about the deal.
>>
>>1130431
Do you actually have the authority to offer them any carrots (leave early, overtime, etc)? If not, just keep your head down, because they're the boss, not you.
>>
>>1130431
Blackmail their apartment managers to raise their rent if they dont work hard enough.
>>
>>1130516
Kek, this is why I can't blame them for choosing illegals over you. Don't have to bribe illegals to do the job they were hired to do. Hope you union rats starve.
>>
>>1130431
Make them feel part of the company. The easiest way would be to have them buy stocks or such, so they get the feeling that if they work harder they will help their stock grow.

But this sounds kind of impossible so buy them a drink afterwards, hold some sort of mini-meeting to share ideas for more efficiency once in a while and give them the idea that they have some sort of control.
>>
File: 1423698722554.gif (2MB, 317x360px) Image search: [Google]
1423698722554.gif
2MB, 317x360px
>>1130503
>And here's a guy who's never worked in a union shop.

Union shops still have to meet management mandated minimums. So long as what management orders doesn't go against the contract, they got to perform. Like >>1130516 said, set goals and if they beat them, well, that's how they work harder. But shit, who am I to judge, the opinion of a dick-sucking 'conservative' NEET is just as valid as anyone else's.
>>
>>1130605
I wonder how mad you'd get if you saw my paycheck. Probably really mad.
>>
Seriously though i think the real problem is they feel no need to work hard because they are not rewarded for it. And by reward i mean something like moving up the corporate ladder in terms of positions/raise.

Op will be doing his shitty management position, sitting on his ass for YEARS and no one from the bottom will be moving up.
>>
Show appreciation.

Positive and negative reinforcement.

Lead by example.
>>
>>1130503
>>1130516
>shit I made up: The Thread

No, it doesn't work like that.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When
you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay
too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you
bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The
common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a
lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well
to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will
have enough to pay for something better.”

-John Ruskin
>>
>>1130431
How about you just ask them what would make their jobs easier and faster?

I mean maybe they are manufacturing dildos but your dildo machine keeps breaking down.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.