[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>starting a brewery/cidery/meadery Tell me why I shouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Microbrewery1.jpg (1MB, 3648x2432px) Image search: [Google]
Microbrewery1.jpg
1MB, 3648x2432px
>starting a brewery/cidery/meadery

Tell me why I shouldn't do this.
>>
water in not cheap.
and I imagine that the price of water will go up once people start getting put into FEMA camps
>>
>>1128081
Tap water is quite cheap where I live. I just need a filter and it should be fine.
>>
It's starting to become difficult to separate yourself from the other small craft breweries. I sometimes feel like they're all making the same IPA. Also, there are obvious certifications and clearances to be had, since you're only allowed to brew like 100 gallons or so for yourself (and not to sell).

People do like to support homegrown things, though, so as long as you've got some decent branding people around you will drink it.
>>
Saturated market
It can take quite a while to get from conception to market, there's a lot of overhead before you have a salable product, it's difficult to start small and expand, you kind of have to start medium at least.
When the Calpihate comes to power your product will be illegal.

Otherwise go for it anon.
>>
>>1128076
Thinking of doing something similar, OP. I want to get into brewing as a hobby, then I'll see how viable it is business-wise.

Have you brewed much before?
>>
Just remember to take a huge asset-backed loan on this surefire success startup company of yours.
>>
>>1128076
business tax
>>
It's basically a meme business. It's like housewives becoming real estate agents in 2006. Don't try to live off of it. Just do it for fun, hispters are a dying breed and no one else will drink your shitty sludge.
>>
>>1128076
make a quadruple IPA
>>
>>1128076
Extremely high start up costs

Licensing fees
>>
>>1128076

There is a shitload of science behind this.

You just don't "brew" beer. Its a very delicate process if you dont want piss water with alcohol in it.
>>
>>1128076
Oh hey look another contender in the alcohol game.

What makes you think you will even get a dime in that industry?
>>
You shouldn't do it if you think it's an easy way to make good money. You'll be competing with incredibly passionate people who are very good at what they do and don't expect to make a whole lot doing it. If you seriously have a passion for brewing then go for it, take a chance. If not, you can almost certainly figure out something better.
>>
because no one wants another trendy bitter IPA
>>
>>1129248
actually the small brewery products are.. what is the correct term. "in fashion" or something

>>1129431
I agree
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.