[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't believe in the stock market or shitcoin for rea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: fuk skool.jpg (62KB, 894x530px) Image search: [Google]
fuk skool.jpg
62KB, 894x530px
I don't believe in the stock market or shitcoin for reasons that are summed up in this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTHlXb0PXh4

Explain to me why I should invest my money in this bullshit.
>>
>>1122706
Buy ethercuck or stay poor
>>
>>1122706
>video is blocked due to copyright

Stay a poor faggot no one minds
>>
>>1122727

How much money have you made on stocks?

>>1122715

What is that?
>>
I know a lot of you have opinions on this.

Tell me why I should play the stock market.
>>
>>1123038
We don't care what you do.

No one desperately wants to change your opinion.
>>
>>1122734
Ethercuck is the newest cryptokek. If you dont buy you will be poor.
>>
That's because you've got a niggardly mind that takes satirical fiction as a foundation for your interpretation of the world.
>>
>>1123051

Can you refute the video?

>>1123042

You don't have to change my opinion.

I want to hear your opinions.
>>
>>1122706
You're right. You shouldn't. Just keep losing money to inflation and vote for Bernie. Because nobody could possibly make enough to retire without social security.
>>
>>1123061

>Just keep losing money to inflation and vote for Bernie.

I would never vote for Bernie.

Don't you stand to lose more money on stocks than you do on responsible long-term saving?
>>
>>1123058

Because you don't have to heavily rely on brokers or uninformed idiots riding on emotions to tell you when to pull out or pull in.

I'm a student without a real income and I've fucked around with stocks and cryptos and made roughly half a grand the past year (mainly due to volatility of bitcoins when they shot up in November last year).

You shouldn't bother trying to get rich with stocks. Maybe with up and coming new currencies, but definitely not stocks. You're pinning yourself against automated traders (quants) and people who have huge stakes in companies.

What you should view it as is an educational experience. Learn how companies manage their public relations. How their finances and business decisions fuck up/increase their worth. A grasp of the marketplace gives you an understanding of how the times are changing and what you should keep your eye on in the future.

If you're not throwing significant amounts of money into this shit, you're literally a scavenger on the hunting grounds. Don't bother seeing it as a method to get rich quick.
>>
>>1123077

>made roughly half a grand the past year

You only made $500 in an entire year?

That's a week and a half of work at a minimum wage job.

Did you lose any money?

>If you're not throwing significant amounts of money into this shit, you're literally a scavenger on the hunting grounds

So, why are you doing it if you're making peanuts and don't have any real money to waste?
>>
>>1123091

past half year*, was thinking in terms of the 2015 school year.

$500 net gains. I spent roughly 20 hours of research over the course of this time and maybe 4 hours in placing buys and selling. So a day's worth of sitting on my ass as opposed to smelling like shit and hurting my body by standing up 8 hours a day.

I personally viewed it as a learning experience. My secondary priority was making money, hell it wasn't even a priority. It was more like a bonus. My financial circumstances as a student: don't have any living expenses besides groceries and gasoline (god bless my rents), make about $600/month in a part time weekend job. So no, I don't have real money, i.e. 50g's+ to mess around with, but again, this isn't for getting rich quick.
>>
>>1123110

So, you made $500 in half a year.

That's less than the cost of monthly rent in most places.

>My secondary priority was making money,

Why would you be willing to lose your money on purely ideological grounds?

Isn't the purpose of investing to get a return on your investment?
>>
>>1123128
>So, you made $500 in half a year.
>That's less than the cost of monthly rent in most places.

Do I have to say it again?

>>My secondary priority was making money,
>Why would you be willing to lose your money on purely ideological grounds?
>Isn't the purpose of investing to get a return on your investment?

My other alternatives:
- let my money sit in savings which made no interest
- splurge on shit people my age usually splurge on
- risk it and see what I can learn/gain from it
>>
>>1123147

You could've focused on your schoolwork like a less-than-worthless college kid instead of dumping your money into get-rich-quick schemes that didn't pan out for you.
>>
>>1123160

You sound bitter bro.

3.7 GPA last semester in a decent CS program. Like I said, I spent 24 hours over the course of a semester fucking around with this.

Leave it to ignorant /biz/ cucks to reinterpret facts. You're right, it sure didn't pan out for me. Didn't learn anything and I lost all my money.
>>
File: u fukkin bootie boi.jpg (8KB, 144x184px) Image search: [Google]
u fukkin bootie boi.jpg
8KB, 144x184px
>>1123163

>only 3.7
>still wasting time gambling money away instead of studying
>computer science cuck
>>
I've made 5k in the past few weeks with ETH alone lol 89% net return.

In regards to stocks, I made 4k over a year, with an average 30% net return. Don't care for it, not as much volatility as I'd like.

You seem to have your mind made up about trading though.
>>
>>1123183

>I've made 5k in the past few weeks with ETH alone lol 89% net return.

Is all of that liquid?

Can you get a stack of bills right now?

>30% net return

I heard that the average return is 10%.

Is that true?
>>
>>1123066
>responsible. long term saving
>not maximizing the risk-return curve

Pick exactly one. Stability is important, but it's only part of maximizing your money. If you want more stability, put a greater allocation in Bonds. You won't make as much, but your numbers will be in the black every day if only by a few pennies.
>>
>>1123190
Average return in the market is 10%
Average return in a savings account is .05%

You learned opportunity cost.
>>
>>1122706
just look at the historical chart of dow jones and you will see. the longest crash took like 5 years to restore ,your stocks are safe as long as there wont be the end of the wrold
>>
>>1123128
its not about how much money you get but how high percent you have from stocks
>>
>>1123169
>gambling
uneducated poorfag detected
>>
>>1123278
>If you want more stability, put a greater allocation in Bonds.

Can't you just get a well-paying job that would outshine any meager gains you'd make from stocks?

>>1123285

Isn't the opportunity cost void when you stand to lose on stocks, but you can't lose anything by saving?

>>1123680

How is it not gambling when returns are not guaranteed or backed by the government?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.