[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey biz Can you give a financial pleb some advice? I got my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1456110933286.png (386KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1456110933286.png
386KB, 640x360px
Hey biz

Can you give a financial pleb some advice?

I got my first and only credit card last summer, and was doing okay with it. Then I had about 2 months of not having a job, and used said credit card for my food and stuff for that time. I had a $1,000 limit and maxed it out. Now I am making about $900 a month and the CC is 3 months unpaid, so the payments are like $217. My rent is $800 a month, and the bit of side money I make hustling (odd jobs and shit) basically goes into my transportation cost of getting to my normal job.

First of all, I cut up the CC and have no plans of ever getting another one. My bank has been calling me, but I havent answered and only know its them because I looked up the number

My plan is this. Next time they call, I will pick up and explain that I know if I dont pay, they will sell my debt to a hedge for about 3-6% of its value. I will explain my financial situation, that I simply cannot and wont be able to pay the debt in full. I will offer them to settle for 10% (that is, one payment of $100-200 or so) to settle the entire debt. If the bank does not accept my offer, I will extend the same to the hedge that will eventually receive the debt

And before you say anything, I am never getting another CC again

Is this basically my only option? I will just have to accept the fact that my credit will be somewhat completely fucked
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>1114856

OP is why credit card interest rates are 30%
>>
>>1114938

You can blame me, but the banker at Chase who guided me into his office (after only asking to change my address for my debit card statements), and coerced me into getting a credit card even though I repeatedly told him I didnt think I was responsible enough stay out of trouble with it deserves a bit of blame as well

Im not going to argue what the legal definition of fiduciary responsibility is, but I have a feeling that pushing a CC on someone who *just told you* they were low income, fiscally irresponsible, and would probably end up defaulting is a bad idea
>>
>>1114942

Are you saying someone pointed a gun to your head and made you sign the credit application? We better lock up this "Banker" right now before he does it again!
>>
>>1114946

No, Im just saying the system is designed to work this way. Chase is well within their margins, and one or more hedge funds will make their own profit as well.

My point (if you can wrap your greasy fingers around it) is that if I sat down at *your* bank and told *you* that I would probably default on my line of credit, you probably wouldnt give it to me.

Anyways, you trying to troll 4chan and feel superior was not the point of this thread, but you are welcome for me giving you that opportunity, and its interesting to see yet another person with nothing on-topic to say interject their diarrhea into a thread that could just as easily have 404'd
>>
We are not talking about huge sums here, there is no reason why the bank shouldn't help you out a little, it would be in their interest aswell.

Don't you have friends/family who could lend you this kind of money?
>>
>>1114977

>ask friends and family to lend money

If I cant pay it back to the bank, how would I pay it back to my friends and family? I'd rather a faceless multinational bank that makes dozens and hundreds of billions in profit lose out on the $1,000 than my friends or family who actually need the money

Tbh, my relationships with the people I love are worth a lot more than the 100 points on my credit score, to me anyways

But I am hoping you are right about the first part of the post. My bet is that at this point, they are getting ready to sell the debt to collections anyways. If I can give them just *that much more* than the hedge company, maybe they will take that
>>
>>1114856
This is your own fault. Never use credit to cover basic living expenses.

You're going to be dragged through the courts, most likely, and end up bankrupt and never able to borrow money again.
>>
>>1114985
OP better just swallow your pride and ask family/friends for help. The irony is that the longer you don't use a credit card & don't pay off your debts, the longer you're going to have to use a credit card to rebuild your credit score.
>>
>>1114942
They denied my cc app a few years ago. They approved me later but the initial limit was 500. For scale I now have a 25k card from another institution. The chase is up to 6k now but still they denied me and they are pandering to plebs who dont even want one? Lol
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.