[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>imported a product from china sold under 10k worth >turns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: evolution is real.gif (2MB, 400x174px) Image search: [Google]
evolution is real.gif
2MB, 400x174px
>imported a product from china sold under 10k worth

>turns out it has a patent on it
>patent holder sends me a take down notification on amazon

>month later serves me with a law suit

>can settle for 1k and promise not to sell again

I dont have 1k guys....what the fuck do I do
>>
what
>>
>>1111989
im being sued for shit I sold on amazon that had a patent on it
>>
>>1111990
basically everything is fucking patented, why does that mean you can't sell it? you're not trying to sell the rights to it, you're selling an actual fucking object.
>>
>>1111993
I dont know negro, all I know is I got served a fucking inch thick lawsuit at my parents house and I have to defend it
>>
>>1111993
Someone who has a patent in a particular country can control that product's sale, manufacturing, import, and advertising in that country.
>>
File: Art.png (10KB, 869x187px) Image search: [Google]
Art.png
10KB, 869x187px
>>1111987

Was going to call bluff on the plaintiff but if he really did served you, you're fucked.

Had a similar situation few months back when we moved out printing shop online. sold custom wallpaper with random cool art from the deviant site on eBay. Took us a while to see how fucked up eBay really is to sellers before we closed shop.

So what happened in pic related was as follows

>Artist calls out on misuse of artwork
>We act stupid
>Threatens to sue
>We don't reply
>Complains about not replying
>We reply with stupid reason

All while selling the remaining wallpapers we already printed

Eventually we stopped selling it on eBay and moved it to our new site

Amazon will fuck you in the ass, so watch out.
>>
>>1111987
If the patent legit covers your product you're pretty fucked.

Check if it does or not though, if it doesn't you can take it to court possibly countersue for legal costs and damages
>>
can you change a piece of the product ?

and then patent that?

what is the product can you give us a hint?
>>
>>1112003
>sold custom wallpaper with random cool art from the deviant site on eBay.
Deserved to be sued desu.
>>
>>1112008
it 100% covers it. Like clear as day

>>1112009
maybe I could and patent that, but im kinda poor.

its a diving related product, think fins, snorkel, mask, regulator, scuba gear.

one of those.
>>
>>1112009

It's too late, the plaintiff probably has already purchased a "sample" of his product to support his claim

>>1112010
Eat shit I was helping the artist

buyers wanted to know who the artist was because it was 'sooooo good'
>>
>>1112008
Seriously it's pretty common for firms to start proceedings they know they couldn't win as a threat with the intention of just collecting settlements. Look up the firm in question to see if they're one of these trolls and look up the patent number/s at the patent registrar to see if it actually covers your product.
>>
>>1112014
>Eat shit I was helping the artist

>buyers wanted to know who the artist was because it was 'sooooo good'
Irrelevant. You used their property to make money without their permission.

BRB, just gonna go sell tours using your car.
>>
>>1112013

Sounds like you're fucked OP

Ask if they would consider a payment plan for the $1000. Write them a sob story and offer $200/month for 6 months or whatever you're comfortable with.

If they don't take that try and borrow the $1000 from somewhere, and failing that go to court, throw yourself on the mercy of the judge to force them to accept a payment plan

Worst case scenario you might have to declare bankruptcy
>>
>>1112014
>>1112003
I would have sued you
>>
>>1112014

Ah yes I bet the artist lived like a king on all that "recognition" you got them.

>>1111987

Try making a heartfelt apology to the guy, explain that you don't have 1k because you invested everything in the product and didnt break even from it. Promise him you won't sell it again and maybe offer to send him your remaining stock.
>>
>>1112014
kek
literally all you had to do was contact him on the deviant site and say "I sell wallpapers online can I license some of your work?"
>>
>>1112048
>declaring bankruptcy over $1000

lol

OP just borrow the money somewhere and get a job.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.