[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>oil drops further and stays there >pure nat gas energy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (124KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124KB, 720x720px
>oil drops further and stays there
>pure nat gas energy companies go bankrupt
>remaining coal companies bankrupt
>lots of oil companies bankrupt
Is this enough to warrant the next recession?
(I assume nat gas price drops when oil does, therefore coal will remain in the shitter as well. Companies like
CHK and BTU are already practically doomed, so)
>>
>>1108052
And by warrant I mean be a catalyst for
>>
>>1108052
nah the price will shoot back up during the summer due to increased demand. I'm not sure why investors dont just buy a bunch of oil company stocks in the fall/winter (NovemberDecember and sell them in July/August
>>
>>1108065
Assuming the price doesn't go up. Imagine Saudis are full on destroy mode and nations like Iran refuse to back down
>>
>>1108065
Also, it's not necessarily true. Summer soesnt automatically make oil price go up.
>>
The reason oil is so low is because the Saudis are trying to kill the US domestic oil production.
It's working.
>>
>>1108122
It does seem to be that way. I think oil companies are trying hard as possible to play it off confident, so as to win the game of chicken, but it seems they just didn't expect this to happen out of the blue and so relentlessly.

But my question is, will this be a sufficient catalyst for a market drop and/or recession? Currently we are only in babby correction territory market wise.
>>
>>1108052
Wait for April
>>
>>1108122
>implying the saudis aren't doing this as more of a regional than anti-US power play
>>
Iran is going to send it down to 20 thatll be the time to buy, oils natural price right now with global production costs is somewhere around 50. However with all hoarding in cushing oil will dump onto the market so that will cap it until inventories decline. In the long run oil will go up its only a matter of time. The best plays are royal chevron and the russians. Exxon is stupid expensive at its current valuation and should be avoided as your overpaying for the same exact thing. Russians have the best valuations and yields but somepeople are afraid of it but in my opinion most of the political risk is perceived and not really there. Offshores are cheap as well but they have high production costs which are going to become a self fulfilling prophecy unfortunately for them. If you want to offshore SLDP is the only choice as they have guarnteed cashflows from the majors and all of it gets paid to shareholders. Saudis arent dumb they know they cant bankrupt the big boys I think theyre targeting companies like contintnental but oil would have to be 25 or less for a prolonged period for the bakken mid caps to seize and the rest of opec will have a seizure before that happens especially members like venezulea that will go full retard if the saudis keep on the pressure for much longer.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.