[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo I heard that Bitcoin will be worth $10,000 in 2020. How realistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 11

File: opengraph.png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
opengraph.png
14KB, 500x500px
Yo I heard that Bitcoin will be worth $10,000 in 2020. How realistic do you think that is?
>>
>>1105591
Not BTC, but Ether might be.
>>
>>1105591
"They" said Bitcoin would be $10k per coin by 2015. "They" are wrong as fuck because "they" don't have any clue wtf "they" are talking about.

>>1105594 is more "they" than they are
>>
>>1105607
MtGox took hundreds of millions of $$ out the system, I think if it didnt crumble it might have hit $10K
>>
>>1105628
Less coins means more worth of the leftover coins.
>>
Ethereum will stump BTC before it gets anywhere near 2020.

It will live on as an ethereum token. If that tokens value is anywhere near $10,000 then ETH will be worth $100,000
>>
>>1105628
>implying that it didn't get to $1200 to begin with because of MtGox and market manipulation
Nice try.
>>
>>1105641
Kek
>>
>>1105591

Well if everyone you know would buy a Bitcoin, and everyone they know, and everyone they know, and everyone they know, and everyone they know, and everyone they know. Then maybe.
>>
Buy ethereum before it's too late bitcoin bagholders.
>>
>>1105725
Implying I'm not diversifying in both.
>>
File: na2mA2KHgt2z0mUl.png (73KB, 250x164px) Image search: [Google]
na2mA2KHgt2z0mUl.png
73KB, 250x164px
>he thinks ETH will overtake BTC
>>
>>1105591
Go look up the market cap and do some math and then youll see how muh new money has to enter the btc ecosystem to pump it that high

And then draw a conclusion based on that
>>
Where are people finding this information?
>>
>>1105737
Post bullet point arguments why it won't happen.

>>1105776
reddit.com/r/ethereum
>>
File: 1455025392583.png (183KB, 1024x541px) Image search: [Google]
1455025392583.png
183KB, 1024x541px
>>1105807
-> bitcoin>ethereum
-> Vitdalek is a malnourished autist

It's not that I think it wont happen.

Both will head moonward, I just don't think ETH will overtake BTC

Finite means everything to me
>>
>>1105855
>its not that i think it wont happen

So it will happen.

Oh look it's starting to happen. Don't be the last rat off the sinking ship
>>
File: btc3y.jpg (166KB, 1908x905px) Image search: [Google]
btc3y.jpg
166KB, 1908x905px
>>1105858
>Don't be the last rat off the sinking ship

I'll take my chances.

Good luck for the ETH printing
>>
Did not want to create a new thread for my question- so thought I would ask here.

Due to go to USA in March, I live in the UK

When should I buy my dollars?
>>
>>1105956

A few weeks ago
>>
>>1105960
Should I expect a positive transition?
>>
File: 1232.jpg (16KB, 308x346px) Image search: [Google]
1232.jpg
16KB, 308x346px
>>1105591
well, then, buy coins with couple hundred or thousand dollars and hold. you wouldnt lose much. it's always a good idea a buy littlebit everything
>>
>>1105591
It will never go up higher than 1k again.
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 720x720px
Bitcoin will be pumped and dumped between $400 and $200 like a slut for eternity. Bitcoin is not something you can make money off by just holding any more. Too many whales willing to dump it for a cheap profit every time it goes over $500

Ethereum will gradually overshadow bitcoin. Even though currently Bitcoin sales are being propped up by people trying to buy Ethereum
>>
>>1105591
No, but when the blockchain half's later this year you're going to see massive gains.

Despite the miners desperately seeking to protect their revenue, any hardfork is unlikely to be accepted by the majority of traders. (of which i am one).

It's natural then that you will see Bitcoin jump in price to reflect that situation.

People need to understand Bitcoins can be broken down into smaller Mbtc ect. People can trade these small amounts, and what you're likely to see is more of a move toward payment options in those smaller amounts.

This means that the cost of a full 1Btc will jump in price to reflect market conditions.

Its simply a matter of time.
>>
>>1106638
If the Bitcoin price remains stagnant after halving (which it will because future halvings are already priced in by speculators) large chinese mining farms will go bust causing a huge loss of market confidence in companies built around bitcoin. These businesses will fold and sell their BTC and the average holder will be left with the bags.

I forsee a future where BTC never breaks $100.
>>
Its a meme you dip
>>
File: aaa.jpg (32KB, 337x337px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
32KB, 337x337px
>>1106628
i have no intention to make money holding bitcoin. jesus christ. it's a currency, not a stock.

i would love to have the price to stay 420-450 for the eternity
>>
>>1105628

Along the lines of this....

One of the key requirements for Bitcoin to succeed was that it had to be shown as secure. A secure means to hold and transfer currency.

Bitcoin failed miserably in that regard, and as such I see it unlikely to become THE crypto currency.

We may see a mega cryptocurrency where coins reach $100k, but I have yet to see one that holds that promise.
>>
File: image.png (96KB, 1287x903px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
96KB, 1287x903px
Ethereum is about to be added to the largest BTC exchange outside of china. Bitfinex

Screenshot from their beta site
>>
>>1106760
They removed it already. I don't think it's supposed to be added until march 9. That's when the floodgates open. You still have 2 weeks to gather funds.
>>
>>1106814
March 9. Floodgates will open
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 627x820px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 627x820px
I'll just leave this here
>>
>>1105591
Maybe, idk.

Honestly I think lots of btc are going to be lost over time due to forgotten passwords and suchlike, which sucks because you can't make more or recover them.
>>
Is today a good day to buy Bitcoin?
I see there is a nice dip in the charts at the moment
>>
>>1107608
Good day to buy bitcoin and then buy ETH
>>
>>1106628
Bitcoin is of deflationary nature, so it will by default raise in worth as time goes by.
>>
Bitcoin has some distinct disadvantages that maximalists don't want to admit to.

1. It's slow.
2. The tech is lagging behind other coins.
3. It has no use beyond currency.

The main (and huge) advantage is that it owns the market. It's a huge chunk of iron. Hard to move out of the way.

Basically, if you feel its market share is too much to overcome then buy Bitcoin long term. If you feel like it will succumb to its disadvantages then buy and hold ETH long term.
>>
>>1106746
That people get fucked by being retarded and keeping 10000000s in shady online exchanges doesn't mean btc itself is unsafe. Obviously not keeping that shit in your own wallet on your own system defeats the whole purples.
>>
>>1107610
Yea i think it would be good to buy bitcoin now while there is a dip in the BTC charts but then not converting it immediately to ETH. Instead hold the money in BTC Wallet and wait until a dip in ETH charts too.

So I would 2x benefit for Dips (in both currencies).
>>
>>1107636
You double dipping bastard.
>>
>>1107626
Help me out, never dealt with this before. I want to buy a bitcoin (600ish aud) on localbitcoins then convert to ETH on shapeshifter.io

What does it mean on your own wallet on your own system?
>>
>>1105591
crypto coins will always be crypto coins
it is just like any other tulip flowers in holland if you get what i mean
>>
>>1107626

> purples

I'm going to start saying this now
>>
>>1107744
>wallet
Can be accessed by many devices, with the right password.
>system
Your hard drive, can obviously transfer back and forth with the wallet but you need to sync.
>>
>>1107744
Im AU as well, here how i do it.

1- Buy BTC on CoinJar
2- Transfer BTC to my Poloniex account
3- Buy ETH of Poloniex
4- Transfer ETH to a wallet (if you want)
>>
>>1108370
Thanks m8, but i already sussed. Bought .2 bitcoin for $126aud ( was the max it let me get) then shapeshifted to ether. Now ive got 14.7 ether in wallet on myetherwallet.com. now im just gonna wait for the lambo. Actually would prob get a gtr. I might get a few more bc worth of ether in the next few days
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>shitcoin
>>
What's the best site/method to buy BTC with paypal if I live in Europe?
>>
>>1108917
You cannot buy btc with paypal.

Use localbitcoins with SEPA transfer from your bank account
>>
>>1108919
How can I trust the seller? I mean I send him money and wait/pray that he don't scam me?
>>
>>1108929
Localbitcoins has built in escrow. it's 100% safe.
>>
>>1108932
Ok I bought the whopping quantity of 0.15 BTC and now I'm transferring it to Poloniex, see if i can get at least 10 ETH, plan to holding it long.
>>
>>1109083
Baller
>>
>>1109085
Thanks player, 10.3 ETH already bought, I'm in boys.
>>
>>1109091
How did you find the localbitcoins experience?
>>
>>1109102
Excellent, the seller was really concise in the info that I had to use for the transfer and in 20 min the transfer was complete, mind that it was using a national bank transfer from the same bank, which make the transfer instant from my account to the seller account so that made it really fast.
>>
>>1109107
I mean the whole deal was completed in 20 min since I started the process
>>
You have more chances at being hit by a bus by 2020 than Bitcoin NOT being over 4 figures by then.

The fact that its only 6 billion dollars shows the potential, considering that the governments will kill physical cash in 10 years and the entire underground economy will run under Bitcoin. That reason alone puts the marketcap on the trillion dollars long term.
>>
>>1109118
This is what ive been trying to tell the autists on here.

They insist on using shitty coinbase which wants their signed and witnessed birth certificate and wait 2 weeks
>>
>>1109121
Buy ethereum you mong. Bitcoin is going nowhere near $10,000 never in your wildest dreams.
>>
File: laugh.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>>1109124
>Buy ethereum
>>
>>1106746
>Bitcoin failed miserably in that regard,
Bitcoin hasn't been compromised ever, during its 7 year of existance, something no other coin will ever be able to claim (unless they invent a time machine to go back in time and create it before Bitcoin).

You are low IQ and think Mark Karpeles is the CEO of Bitcoin, this is why I never bother with /biz/, just stay poor.
>>
>>1109138
>ignores double spend attacks.
>>
>>1107187
How is this a bad thing? Idiots losing their money only shrink the total supply, which means the price goes up as demand will keep growing, specially after cuckerments delete physical cash.

Bitcoin is the paradise of self responsability. But the normalfags that cannot cope with that will still use it.
Dumb normies can use custodial wallets if they're so scared of losing their bitcoins - but the underlying protocol allows anyone interested complete control over their money, and that is a very powerful thing.
>>
>>1109141
That's anecdotical within the context, and impossible to happen again due mallability being fixed and a ton of other fixes.

Redpill: The more time Bitcoin stays alive, the safer it gets, the more impossible for it gets to fail and the more impossible it gets for an altcoin to try to claim its throne since it will never be able to exist for a longer time than Bitcoin, and anyone with a brain will be putting their money on the coin that as exited for the longest time and has the best devs.
>>
>>1109147
What about when ethereum overtakes bitcoins hashpower?
>>
>>1109153
Not gonna happen, also ETH will never be as safe as BTC for money because being turing complete makes it prone to an endless grey area exploits not worth holding money at.
Complex smart contracts? Cool. Store of value? No fucking way.
Bitcoin Script will be able to deliver an endless use case for smart contracts too, so the real usage for Ethereum and it scaling it's yet to be seen.
>>
>>1109161
>not gonna happen

But it is happening. Chinese cornered the bitcoin mining game while ETH hashpower grows every day.

Do you see many people going in to bitcoin mining? Bitcoin mining has been killed off
>>
>>1109147
Unless the bottom drops out enough for mining not to be profitable and it spirals to death because the security of the chinese mining rigs are gone
>>
>>1109169
>ETH shilling
cope
https://medium.com/kaiko-news/more-power-coming-to-bitcoin-mining-in-the-exahash-era-e02214befcd#.rwj9mlmcc
>>
>>1109455
Posts aritcle showing further chinese cornerimg of the bitcoin mining market.

>You're proud of the thing that is literally killing your coin.
>>
>>1109460
cope like the pope
>>
>>1109749
Cope with what? The fact that bitcoin is on the verge of a massive dump and ethereum is up another 15%?
>>
>>1109749

Ethereum is straight up taking over. Get on board or get out of the way.
>>
>>1109769
>>1109787
cope a rope
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.